Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Effexor

[te...]

Hey guys,

I tapered off Klonopin a while back with the help of this site.  I have Migraine Associated Dizziness/Vertigo and my doctor is thinking of trialing 37.5mg of Effexor (a common migraine preventative med).  I've read the withdrawal form this stuff sucks.  Does anybody have any comments or experience with this drug? 

Thanks,

Tek

Hey guys,

I tapered off Klonopin a while back with the help of this site.  I have Migraine Associated Dizziness/Vertigo and my doctor is thinking of trialing 37.5mg of Effexor (a common migraine preventative med).  I've read the withdrawal form this stuff sucks.  Does anybody have any comments or experience with this drug? 

Thanks,

Tek

Hi Tek!!

Nice to see you! Hope things are going okay, except for your MAD/V.  :(  I did a forum search for the Effexor and here's one link talking about it.... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=12951.0

T2 :smitten:

Effexor for me was hard to get off of. The first half was easy, I got cocky! The last half was a real problem. The shocks were horrible!

I hope you find something to help.

Let us know what you do.

Amanda 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was on Effexor for about a year. I felt I did better on a low dose.i can't say it really helped. There are horror stories about coming off of it, but I tapered and it went fine.

GOOD LUCK!!!

"Keeping the faith"

Steph

• 4 weeks later...