• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [So...]

• [Bl...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Mornin' everybody!!

I need to do laundry today, if my crazy heart rate will let me. I will wait until this afternoon and see how it goes.

Who else has a crazy heart rate?

Hope everyone slept well!!

Denise  :smitten:

anybody watching ACA? what was up with Leann? did she screw up the very last note?

She forgot to eat her spinach before her performance...lol

Good morning All,

I read over some of the post's from last night.

I am requesting that Hopeful come make me breakfast... consisting of her omelet with spinach, red onion, asparagus tips, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, and all natural bacon.

I can just taste it now :)

When I started being suspicious about my X making me sick which was 2 1/2 years ago.  I started changing the types of foods I ate.  Before, I never really gave it much thought; however, now, I try and eat organic.

I will never go back to regular chicken breasts.  The difference in the size and the color is uncanny.  It lets you see how much hormones they put in the animals.  I also eat the all natural bacon (love it)  Hormel puts out a good brand of preservative/nitrate free bacon.  And, Hopeful is right is does cost more.  I started buying Organic bananas, and I noticed they do not start turning brown as fast.  I also prefer cage free/hormone free brown eggs.

I wish we had a farmers market here, but we don't.  So, I either shop at Sprout's or the organic section at HEB which is our grocery chain.

I truly believe I want to eat better to try and counter the poison I am putting in my body.  I will say this, I like Hopeful am from the south, and I like cooking with my bacon grease...lol.

One thing I have noticed lately is I look like I am 4-5 months pregnant.  I have lost weight.  I'm down to 138, but not my tummy.  Is this from the meds.  My abdomen feels internally sore, and my appetite comes and goes.

Have any of you experienced this?  Is this what they mean when they say BENZO Belly? :o  And, let me just say...I know I'm not pregnant.  That ship sailed a long time ago :laugh:

Wishing you all many blessings,

FluterByee

Here is my plan... :thumbsup:

I am on the .25mg X tabs.  In order to stabilize I have had to go from 1.5 up to 2 - 2.5mg per day.  It has helped.

I want to get my mom home which will be Monday the 16th.  Let her get settled in.  And, than with my desire and GOD's hands wrapped securely around me...I want to make my first cut on January 2nd. :angel:

I am choosing to do this at a snails pace, and I have no question that I will have great support from all that I have been blessed to meet here. :clap:

Blessings,

FluterByee :smitten:

Morning FB!!

I think we should just move in with Hopeful, until we are healed!! How about that?

I am tring to est healthy, but very hard to do. Not much around my little home town that is organic. Now, when summer gets here, we do have a farmer's market. But, in the winter...nothing.

I need to put weight on before I start my taper. I lost 40 lbs after my c/t and I do NOT look healthy. I know I will lose more during the taper, so I am trying to eat healthy fattening stuff right now.

Yes, even after losing all that weight, the belly remains!! Ugghh!!

Yes, what you are going through sounds a lot like benzo belly. I think others have tried probiotics to help. I tried one, but after three days I wasn't feeling too well. I have done this three times now, and the same happens each time. I just ordered some digestive enzymes to try. I will let you know how well they work.

Hey, it looks like you and I will both start our tapering at the first of the year. I am going to do a slowwww daily titration from Ativan. Let's keep in touch during that time.

Have a great day!!

Here is my plan... :thumbsup:

I am on the .25mg X tabs.  In order to stabilize I have had to go from 1.5 up to 2 - 2.5mg per day.  It has helped.

I want to get my mom home which will be Monday the 16th.  Let her get settled in.  And, than with my desire and GOD's hands wrapped securely around me...I want to make my first cut on January 2nd. :angel:

I am choosing to do this at a snails pace, and I have no question that I will have great support from all that I have been blessed to meet here. :clap:

Blessings,

FluterByee :smitten:

So you are going to cut, instead of doing any kind of liquid titration?

Daily or cut and hold?

Okay, everybody. Need a little help here. Something is causing me to feel tired, dizzy, and foggy. I do sleep fairly good. To bed at 9:30 pm, wake up for a minute at 3:00 am, back to sleep until 5:00 am.

I am on Ativan .50 x 4 times a day. I also take 10 mg of Propranolol at night, and 3.75 of Remeron at night.

So, what do you think? I am so tired of it. I need more energy. Any help??

I usually start having a little more energy around 5:00 pm, where I don't feel as foggy.

Good morning everyone!

I've of a wicked case of benzo belly today. I've actually updosed slightly, hoping to re-stabilize.  I hope everyone else is doing better.

Rriver  :smitten:

Sophiasnana, its probably just tolerance (unfortunately)!

I'm thinking about having shirts made that say: "I Heart Panic Attacks". Anyone else? No?  :laugh:

Hi Denise,

I eat a ton of greens...mainly swiss chard, kale, and spinach. I love to cook any of the 3 in bacon grease and put crumbled bacon on the top. SOOOO good. I just fry up about 3-4 slices of bacon. Then remove them to a plate. Then I saute the greens in the bacon fat add some minced garlic and pepper until wilted and at the right texture. Then I crumble the bacon on top. It's delicious. I also make a super yummy kale salad. I'm actually making the kale salad for dinner tonight along with bbq'd chicken wings, homemade oven fries, and sauteed mushrooms! Yummy!

Hopeful,

This sounds so good!  I'm going to try it.  Right there with you with the bacon grease!

Mama  :smitten:

Sophiasnana, its probably just tolerance (unfortunately)!

I'm thinking about having shirts made that say: "I Heart Panic Attacks". Anyone else? No?  :laugh:

Ugghhh. Tolerance already?? After two weeks??

I don't want one of your shirts!! No panic attacks yet, thank goodness. But, I am sure they are just waiting for me.

I am thinking about taking the Remeron about an hour earlier.

Sophia....a side effect of ativan is dizziness ( although physicians prescribe it for vertigo patients...I guess they are hoping not everyone will have the side effect....sheeessh ..)....propanolol can also cause dizziness and fatique ( the fatique usually passes after you have been on it for awhile...but you are taking such a small dose of the propanolol.... but then it sounds like your weight is down so 10 mg could have an impact on you for awhile....You might adjust to both medications in a few weeks....when I was prescribed ativan ( for vertigo) I had increased dizziness in the ABSENCE of vertigo ( should have been my first clue)....I myself did not become tolerant to the ativan until about the 3 rd month......Sophia sounds like you are in a medication maze....I hope you adjust to the meds ....what a crape shoot this all is....l love your thread....coop

I stay so hungry.  I have to eat every two hours.  I eat and eat and still can't gain weight.

Does anyone know of any in between meal snacks besides nuts, peanut butter, cheese, yogurt?

Mama2  :smitten:

I stay so hungry.  I have to eat every two hours.  I eat and eat and still can't gain weight.

Does anyone know of any in between meal snacks besides nuts, peanut butter, cheese, yogurt?

Mama2  :smitten:

I have the same problem, I eat but lose weight!!

Avocado, black olives, cereal??

If you figure out any others, please share them.

I will.  I just don't get it.  Constant eating.  I lost alot of weight too.  I wonder if it is the body's way of trying to catch up.

Mama2

Sophia....a side effect of ativan is dizziness ( although physicians prescribe it for vertigo patients...I guess they are hoping not everyone will have the side effect....sheeessh ..)....propanolol can also cause dizziness and fatique ( the fatique usually passes after you have been on it for awhile...but you are taking such a small dose of the propanolol.... but then it sounds like your weight is down so 10 mg could have an impact on you for awhile....You might adjust to both medications in a few weeks....when I was prescribed ativan ( for vertigo) I had increased dizziness in the ABSENCE of vertigo ( should have been my first clue)....I myself did not become tolerant to the ativan until about the 3 rd month......Sophia sounds like you are in a medication maze....I hope you adjust to the meds ....what a crape shoot this all is....l love your thread....coop

No kidding!! I am a mess!!

It is time to start getting off the Ativan. I am starting to get anxiety from it. I have never had anxiety attacks before, until I got in this benzo mess!!

Any advice for a newbie taperer?? And, newbie anxiety sufferer??

I got my scales in the mail today. Now, I just have to figure out how to work the crazy thing. No instructions came with it. Ugghh!!

Thanks, I am really liking this thread, too. We can talk about anything. It's fun!!  :)

I will.  I just don't get it.  Constant eating.  I lost alot of weight too.  I wonder if it is the body's way of trying to catch up.

Mama2

For me, I am eating about 1200 calories less than I used to. So, that contributed to my weight loss. It is finally slowing down.

I have dropped 4 pant sizes, and look horribe!!

I have been reading a thread on BB about fasting. It is kind of interesting. I am not quite ready to try it yet, but maybe I might at some point.

Let's keep in touch with food ideas. I am going to eat a bowl of rice chex later. Gluten free!!

I haven't tried the salmon yet. I need to buy some cream cheese this weekend. The can of salmon I bought was $7.00!! But, it is supposed to be wild caught in Alaska.

I will let you know when I try it.  :)

Okay, everybody. Need a little help here. Something is causing me to feel tired, dizzy, and foggy. I do sleep fairly good. To bed at 9:30 pm, wake up for a minute at 3:00 am, back to sleep until 5:00 am.

I am on Ativan .50 x 4 times a day. I also take 10 mg of Propranolol at night, and 3.75 of Remeron at night.

So, what do you think? I am so tired of it. I need more energy. Any help??

I usually start having a little more energy around 5:00 pm, where I don't feel as foggy.

We sound like twins...

Honestly, I attribute most everything to the drug.

I have been tired for months, and months.  I used to have a heap of energy, and now I have a difficult time getting up.

I have back pain all the time.  I have lost major strength, tone, and muscle mass, and it happened relatively fast.

Also, I used to have a very low tolerance to heat.  I was hot all the time.  Today, I can not get warm!!!!

Do you ever notice after taking your medication that you feel worse?  That is what has been happening to me.  I took my 1p.m. dose, and within about 1 hr I started feeling bad (ringing in my ears, hot, restless, just unsettled.  I feel like something is fixing to go wrong, and I just don't know what it is.  I have been suffering health related worries since 1997...when my anxiety first started.

FluterByee