Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The "Let's Chat" for Support Area

[So...]

ps. it adds to my guilt about it because I probably really should put the poor thing to sleep, but I just cant do that, not with her standing there knickering at me every morning for feed...

shes "ok", but for a horse, being cooped up in a stall and lot isn't a real good quality of life, they're made to move.....

theres no way I could make that decision at this point especially, so I hopoe everything works out, cause I wouldnt be able to take it I dont think, not that I have a deep emotional connection to her in particular,  just astressful situation , hopefully it'll all work out ok, I tend to make a mountin out of a molehill about these things

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [So...]

• [Bl...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Babyrex and Sophia...my hair began to fall out at the beginning of my taper...in patches...it is growing back in now ...but it has taken 6 months and the texture is different....so weird,  but I was really worried that it wouldn't come back in. I also experienced peeling skin on the palms of both hands...it has finally almost stopped. I guess there is no end to what this drug can cause.

hell I guess, I dont know where the hell I am anymore

Well, Dorothy, I think you landed in Oz!! Watch out for the Wicked Witch!!

Denise  :smitten:

Babyrex and Sophia...my hair began to fall out at the beginning of my taper...in patches...it is growing back in now ...but it has taken 6 months and the texture is different....so weird,  but I was really worried that it wouldn't come back in. I also experienced peeling skin on the palms of both hands...it has finally almost stopped. I guess there is no end to what this drug can cause.

Well, I am glad it grows back!! Different texture?? Bad or good??

I lost a third of mine from the c/t. If I lose another third of it during w/d, I am in big trouble. My Mom will have to knit me a hat.

Rriver, you are really getting low in your dose!! Good for you!! I can't remember if you are doing small daily cuts, or cut and hold. Just remember, sloooowww.

I am so glad that you have someone to help you out. My mother and grandmother have both been a Godsend to me. They are taking care of my Little Miss. And, it enjoying it way too much!!  ;D

Hey, why don't you start a group support thread about parenting while in w/d, in the support area. Like I did with this one. That would be a great idea!! You should do it!!

I'm doing small daily cuts, .004 mg, holding when symptoms rev up.

Glad to hear you have help, too. I don't know how anyone could go though this alone.

It's funny you mentioned starting a thread about parenting.  ;D I was thinking about that yesterday. Maybe I should do it.

Rriver, you are really getting low in your dose!! Good for you!! I can't remember if you are doing small daily cuts, or cut and hold. Just remember, sloooowww.

I am so glad that you have someone to help you out. My mother and grandmother have both been a Godsend to me. They are taking care of my Little Miss. And, it enjoying it way too much!!  ;D

Hey, why don't you start a group support thread about parenting while in w/d, in the support area. Like I did with this one. That would be a great idea!! You should do it!!

I'm doing small daily cuts, .004 mg, holding when symptoms rev up.

Glad to hear you have help, too. I don't know how anyone could go though this alone.

It's funny you mentioned starting a thread about parenting.  ;D I was thinking about that yesterday. Maybe I should do it.

Yes, having help is great!!

Oh, I think you should start one!!

What a great way to connect with others who trying to raise children, while going through w/d.

My hair isn't falling out yet, but it has turned more gray. I had a few gray streaks before the benzos, now it's growing in gray all over. And my face is breaking out.

No one should have gray hair and zits at the same time.  :(  Am I in menopause or going through puberty again?!

I've lost so much hair I'm thinking of buying a scarf.  >:(

Baby,

I can relate all too well. Mine has been falling out by the handful for almost 4 months. I can't believe I have any left. It has been a tough symptom. Certainly better than the pain and anguish but geez! Never thought I'd have thin hair at 37 years old!  >:( I think I see some signs of regrowth though and the shedding is slowing down!

It stinks though  :(

hopefulgirl

My hair isn't falling out yet, but it has turned more gray. I had a few gray streaks before the benzos, now it's growing in gray all over. And my face is breaking out.

No one should have gray hair and zits at the same time.  :(  Am I in menopause or going through puberty again?!

Me, too, Rriver. Where mine is growing back, I am growing in all grey! Also, my skin has been awful like a teenagers! It is starting to clear up a little too.  :D Makes me crazy!

What a mix!!

How sad that we either have to buy a wig or color our hair, AND buy zit cream. We are too young for this!!

Hi Denise,

I eat a ton of greens...mainly swiss chard, kale, and spinach. I love to cook any of the 3 in bacon grease and put crumbled bacon on the top. SOOOO good. I just fry up about 3-4 slices of bacon. Then remove them to a plate. Then I saute the greens in the bacon fat add some minced garlic and pepper until wilted and at the right texture. Then I crumble the bacon on top. It's delicious. I also make a super yummy kale salad. I'm actually making the kale salad for dinner tonight along with bbq'd chicken wings, homemade oven fries, and sauteed mushrooms! Yummy!

Hi Denise,

I eat a ton of greens...mainly swiss chard, kale, and spinach. I love to cook any of the 3 in bacon grease and put crumbled bacon on the top. SOOOO good. I just fry up about 3-4 slices of bacon. Then remove them to a plate. Then I saute the greens in the bacon fat add some minced garlic and pepper until wilted and at the right texture. Then I crumble the bacon on top. It's delicious. I also make a super yummy kale salad. I'm actually making the kale salad for dinner tonight along with bbq'd chicken wings, homemade oven fries, and sauteed mushrooms! Yummy!

Heck!! I'm coming to your house to live!!

Bacon makes everything better. Mmmmmm...yummy!!

How do you have the energy to make all of that?

From the spinach??  ;D

BBQ sauce doesn't bother you?

What do you sauté your mushrooms in?

I am just now getting into the spinach thing. Or, trying at least.  :)

I just don't know what all you can do with it. And, what are safe dressing to put on top?

Hi Denise,

Heck!! I'm coming to your house to live!!

Bacon makes everything better. Mmmmmm...yummy!!

How do you have the energy to make all of that?

From the spinach??  ;D

BBQ sauce doesn't bother you?

What do you sauté your mushrooms in?

I am just now getting into the spinach thing. Or, trying at least.  :)

I just don't know what all you can do with it. And, what are safe dressing to put on top?

I cook 3 meals a day (or eat leftovers from the day before) everyday. I don't eat any processed food at all and eat TONS of veggies from my local organic farm so that is probably how I have the energy to cook  :laugh: I just really don't like to have my symptoms be made worse from food so into the kitchen I go. I eat the organic bacon that is preservative, nitrate, nitrite free, etc. I either buy it at a natural grocery store or at a local farm. It is expensive though so I eat it in moderation....but I feel on the greens they are so healthy they counteract any negative from the bacon!  ;D I do not eat bottled bbq sauce as it would bother me so I make my own with the exception of a brand called Tessemae's it is really safe...they have several dressings/sauces that are fabulous and consist of only stuff I'd be able to make at home...no additives, etc. It is in the refridgerated section at natural grocery stores as well but it isn't too hard to make it yourself. Or I bast chicken in lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper with a little fresh garlic and it is yummy. That combo is also a super good salad dressing. I add a few red pepper flakes to it sometimes and it is delicious on spinach. One of my favorite spinach salads is to take the raw spinach leaves and serve it with black olives sliced thin, feta cheese crumbles, strawberry slices and/or fresh blueberries, and either pecans or walnuts. You can also add some shaved red onion slices. Then top it with the olive oil and lemon dressing and you will love it! I cook my mushrooms in either ghee or olive oil with a little salt and pepper and occassionally some mined garlic. I like the ghee best (that is basically clarified butter if you aren't familiar). Oh-I'm getting hungry now! Spinach is also great added to omelets and quiches. You can also toss it into chicken soup-I love to make chicken and veggie soup and it goes nicely in there. So many ideas! You can google "recipes with spinach" and find tons of ideas. Check out the site called Allrecipes.com  I find a lot of good ones to try on there and many of them have videos showing you how to cook the dish!

You are so lucky to be able to find the sources you have. I live in a small town, and choices are limited here. It is the grocery store, or nothing.

So, I will try to find their small organic section (if possible) and see what they have. I was lucky to find Udi's gluten free bread!! Only one store carries it.

Thanks for all the tips!!  :)

You are so lucky to be able to find the sources you have. I live in a small town, and choices are limited here. It is the grocery store, or nothing.

So, I will try to find their small organic section (if possible) and see what they have. I was lucky to find Udi's gluten free bread!! Only one store carries it.

Denise, I love Udi's GF bread. Are you GF by choice or do you have CD? I tested negative for CD, but wheat makes me feel bad anyway. Udi's put sandwiches back on the menu.

Hopefulgirl, you must be a Southerner. I grew up cooking with bacon grease. Even the cornbread had bacon grease in it. Yummy!

Denise, I love Udi's GF bread. Are you GF by choice or do you have CD? I tested negative for CD, but wheat makes me feel bad anyway. Udi's put sandwiches back on the menu.

Hopefulgirl, you must be a Southerner. I grew up cooking with bacon grease. Even the cornbread had bacon grease in it. Yummy!

Only by choice. My Dr wanted me to try it. He is on a Wheat Belly kick. So, I am giving it a whirl. Not completely GF. Because, my grandma is the old fashioned country cook. So, I still eat it every Sunday when she cooks dinner for everyone. She is 86 yrs old, and you would never know it. She is in better health than I am, right now.

Udi's sandwiches? Where do you get those?

Yes Ma'am I'm not in the South anymore but I am a native Texan.  :thumbsup: Yes, cornbread with the bacon grease is so yummy!

I am gluten free 100%. I have a lot of good recipes and resources for how to cook gluten free. I don't miss it at all! Udi from Udi's bread lives a couple of streets over from me and the flagship store is in my neighborhood. His first name really is Udi  ;D I can walk to his restaurant where they even serve gluten free fried chicken that is divine. I am really blessed to live in an area that is crazy with the amount of food choices...I went to dinner the other night at a new place and they were offering a 5 course chef tasting menu. You could pick...regular, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, pescatarian, or sugar free  :laugh: It is awesome to have such selection!

Yes Ma'am I'm not in the South anymore but I am a native Texan.  :thumbsup: Yes, cornbread with the bacon grease is so yummy!

I am gluten free 100%. I have a lot of good recipes and resources for how to cook gluten free. I don't miss it at all! Udi from Udi's bread lives a couple of streets over from me and the flagship store is in my neighborhood. His first name really is Udi  ;D I can walk to his restaurant where they even serve gluten free fried chicken that is divine. I am really blessed to live in an area that is crazy with the amount of food choices...I went to dinner the other night at a new place and they were offering a 5 course chef tasting menu. You could pick...regular, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, pescatarian, or sugar free  :laugh: It is awesome to have such selection!

GF fried chicken?! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Now I love Udi's even more. :)

I don't have a lot of options here in this small town. I miss the big city.

You can get Udi's sandwiches at my house :) Just saying, every other brand of GF bread is so nasty, I gave up on bread until I found Udi's.

Which is your favorite? The store is always out of the white, so I haven't been able to try it yet.

Send me a sandwich...please.  :)