Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The "Let's Chat" for Support Area

[So...]

It has been noted that non benzo chats are happening in the various benzo support threads. So many on here either don't have a buddie blog, or use theirs very little. Or, don't receive enough support, because not everybody hops in to read them. Buddie blogs are great things for those that have made a wonderful group of friends to share personal things with.

But, if you would like to ask a question, or receive support for other things going on in your life, then a little chat cafe would be wonderful.

So, this is a place for everyone to chat, and support each other through the many different things that life throws at us during tapering and w/d.

Did your toilet overflow this morning, and you want to gripe about it, or receive support because it sent you into a tailspin during this difficult time in your life? Then come on in, and let's chat about it.

So, let's kick back, with a nice cup of decaf tea, and chat about the various things we are going through while tapering or in w/d.

This is for everybody!!

Denise  :smitten:

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [So...]

• [Bl...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to start.

I received a call this morning, from my best friend, who told me that her daughter in law had her baby last night. He is a beautiful baby boy. But, they were shocked when told that he is Down Syndrome. They were not expecting this, since it never showed up on any testing. (No, this is not a bad thing)

But, my poor best friend needed some comfort and I had to kick aside my feelings of all the crap I am going through, and support her. She knows that I have a cousin with Downs, and knew I could talk her through it. I have always been her rock and voice of reason.

This did kick up a little anxiety in me this morning, but I muddled through. I had to be there for her, no matter how difficult it was for me.

How do you get through things like this? When family or friends need you to be their rock?

So, there is my chat.

Hope everyone else has a superb day!

This is a great idea!

I'm a SAHM with 2 kids. Is anyone else taking are of small children during w/d?

Rriver  :smitten:

I was supposed to take care of my granddaughter full time, but sadly I can't to that yet.

So, my heart goes out to anyone having to raise children through this. I hope you are doing well. Maybe someone can give you some pointers or tips on what they have done to make it through.  :)

Rriver,

What method are you using to titrate your ativan? I want to titrate also and need some tips and advice,

THanks

Joy

Have you received any help from the Ativan Support thread? Or, posted in the tapering area for help?

I hope someone can give you a good start, with the right plan for you. Also, check out the slow taper support thread. Someone there might also have some great tips. It is important to go slow.

Rriver,

What method are you using to titrate your ativan? I want to titrate also and need some tips and advice,

THanks

Joy

Hi Joy,

A few days ago, I posted my water titration method on my buddie blog (Rriver's blog: Paved with good intentions). Maybe that can help?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Also, there are videos on the tapering threads.

Rriver  :)

Rriver,

THanks

Joy

Hi Joy,

A few days ago, I posted my water titration method on my buddie blog (Rriver's blog: Paved with good intentions). Maybe that can help?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Also, there are videos on the tapering threads.

Rriver  :)

Oh...great!! Thank you.

I am going to check out some of that. I will be starting my tapering soon. I am receiving help from someone, but every bit of info we can find, is helpful.

Thanks,

I no longer take care of small children as my girls are 26 & 23; however, I am the soul caretaker of my 78 & 86 year old parent's.

Dad is on Hospice, and my mom is coming back into the home after being in a Nursing Rehab Facility for 1-yr.  She will be home on Monday.  I'm nervous about it because she has Dementia and a very strong will.  The house has been calm...and, now not sure what to expect.

I have not yet begun any type of taper.  I have been trying to stabilize and get through the holidays, and than it is my intention to begin an Extremely slow titration.

MRS has been nice enough to help and explain the water titration to me.  She has been great.

I love Downs babies/children.  I have often thought about Fostering.  I can only imagine there shock. I hope everything else is good with the baby.

Wishing everyone a good day.

FluterByee

They are checking him today for heart problems, since that seems to go along with Downs babies.

Wow, you are going to have your hands full!! Bless, your heart!! Are you going to have any other help, besides yourself?

Stop by here often, and let us know how you are doing with that. Hopefully we can al, offer our support and help during that time.

Joy...the Ativan Slow Taper Thread is great....lots of support for going slow and steady... It took me 6 months to do a direct taper from 1mg ....I was impatient at times...but ultimately really glad I went slow...the last part of my taper was very manageable.....good luck Joy.....cooperten

Joy...the Ativan Slow Taper Thread is great....lots of support for going slow and steady... It took me 6 months to do a direct taper from 1mg ....I was impatient at times...but ultimately really glad I went slow...the last part of my taper was very manageable.....good luck Joy.....cooperten

Hey, how are you doing?? So happy that you have made off of this horrible drug!!

Coop cont*....I was tapping away and my screen jumped....I was saying that your friend as you so know is grieving for her grandchild and her child....she is so fortunate to have a loving friend who puts aside her own struggle to 'be there ' for her......blessings to you.....coop

Thanks Coop,

It does break my heart, but having a cousin with Downs, I let her know that they are just wonderful, loving children. And, that once the shock is over, they will know what love truly is to have that special child in their life.

Well, I've been better to be sure.  But I am already getting some small signs of healing.  I always had a hunch that the taper process would be the hardest for me, and I do believe that is going to be the case. I'm just so happy to be OFF the poison.  Let the healing begin.

:smitten:

Well, I've been better to be sure.  But I am already getting some small signs of healing.  I always had a hunch that the taper process would be the hardest for me, and I do believe that is going to be the case. I'm just so happy to be OFF the poison.  Let the healing begin.

:smitten:

OMG!! So, so, very happy for you!!

I can feel your healing happening!! Woo Hoo!!

I can feeeeeel a success story comin'!! I love it, I LOVE IT!!  :)

Stop by often, and let all of us know how you are doing!!

Yay!! The sun is shining and melting the snow!!

I can hear it falling off of my roof!!

If I had the energy, I would go and make a snowman!!  :crazy:

Or, at least a snow angel!!  :angel:

All my water pipes froze this morning and I could not shower :( 

I am having a bad-hair-day :'( :'( :'( :'(

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

All my water pipes froze this morning and I could not shower :( 

I am having a bad-hair-day :'( :'( :'( :'(

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Oh, no!!! That is what hairclips, rubber bands, scarves, and hats were made for. Bad hair days!!  :crazy:

Sending you some of my sun!! ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Hopefully they will thaw soon.

Glad you found this new thread!!  :)

Anyone have any tips for a bad back?  Mine croaked today.  Didn't want to take anything  but finally caved and took an aspirin.  In the bed with the heating pad.    :sick:  :tickedoff:

Mama2  :smitten: