Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The "Let's Chat" for Support Area

[So...]

I am having a surge of adrenaline and it is really uncomfortable. Reaching out to distract myself. I am going to take my sweet pup for a little walk. That should help.

I hope everyone is doing okay. I think of you all often and keep you in my prayers.

Blue :smitten:

Hi Blue. I'm really sorry you're going through that. I'm going through the same thing. My "adrenaline switch" is in the stuck on position. It's a pretty miserable feeling. I sure hope we feel better soon.

Snowy :)

I agree. It is miserable when you are going through it. Sometimes distraction helps.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [So...]

• [Bl...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue, it’s Jackie Brown. I am back on BBS due to having to go back on a benzo and Mirtezapine because I got real sick. I am back in w/d. How are you Blue?

Jackie  :smitten:

I am having a surge of adrenaline and it is really uncomfortable. Reaching out to distract myself. I am going to take my sweet pup for a little walk. That should help.

I hope everyone is doing okay. I think of you all often and keep you in my prayers.

Hi Blue. I'm really sorry you're going through that. I'm going through the same thing. My "adrenaline switch" is in the stuck on position. It's a pretty miserable feeling. I sure hope we feel better soon.

I agree. It is miserable when you are going through it. Sometimes distraction helps.

Exactly...which is why I think I'll go for a jog.

Blue, it’s Jackie Brown. I am back on BBS due to having to go back on a benzo and Mirtezapine because I got real sick. I am back in w/d. How are you Blue?

Jackie  :smitten:

I got sick too Jackie and am slowly recovering. It has been a challenging time.

I am sorry you are suffering.

I’m sorry you got sick too Blue. We keep putting one foot in front of the other. I am 23 months off this time and in the thick of it. I also will have to get off the Mirtezapine at some point. I’m 59 and so over this now. Today feels like I’m hanging on by a thread. Hope tomorrow is better.

Jackie  :smitten: :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...

:) Just saying hi friends.Hope everyone is doing ok as just ok is great !!!!

I can totally agree with that, just okay is great :D

Mary ☮️💜💟🙏

Hey CD!

How are you? I’m still in windows aNd waves. Today stabbing back pain, which turns my anxiety into living hell. I’m 26 months off, and still on this crazy journey.

Jackie, I’m 59 too, and hoping this nightmare ends soon. I want to start living my life!!

New Girl

• 3 weeks later...

Great idea!

The main reason I want to come off of all anxiety medications is because I want to have a baby. I will be 31 this year and recently found out I've developed cysts and fibroids and that kinda woke me up because the last thing i want to do is wait too long and have complications and not be able to get pregnant. Is anyone else in the same situation? Anyone here able to come off meds prior to getting pregnant/having a baby? I would love to hear about it because it would make me feel more hopeful..

• 8 months later...
Ducky, I know this is an old post but I just joined. I stopped benzos 20 years ago and I became a good sleeper again after withdrawals for a few years.  Now I hit menopause, no periods for 10 months now and I'm 62. Nine months ago, horrible insomnia returned, skipping nights of sleep, it is actually worse than when I went through benzo withdrawals. I'm curious, did you finally get rid of insomnia from your menopause? Did it take 1 or 2 years after your last period to get better? I'm trying to get a bit of hope anywhere I can. Thank you!

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I have not been here in years, and I am having a very difficult time remembering how to use this site. I’m posting here because it’s where I came most.

I was benzo free from Xanax for 4 years, and back on 12/4/22 I was given 10mg Ambien for severe insomnia. I have had 22 doses @ 10mg, and I am now in a whole world of hurt. I am in full blown withdrawals all over again!!!

As of yesterday it has been 4 days since I had an Ambien.

I had left over X from my taper, and I have take very small doses to quell these hideous symptoms.

This has hit me out of left field.

My first X micro taper started at 50. I am now 62, and these symptoms are hitting very differently.

Very Scared! FB

Hello,

I have not been here in years, and I am having a very difficult time remembering how to use this site. I’m posting here because it’s where I came most.

I was benzo free from Xanax for 4 years, and back on 12/4/22 I was given 10mg Ambien for severe insomnia. I have had 22 doses @ 10mg, and I am now in a whole world of hurt. I am in full blown withdrawals all over again!!!

As of yesterday it has been 4 days since I had an Ambien.

I had left over X from my taper, and I have take very small doses to quell these hideous symptoms.

This has hit me out of left field.

My first X micro taper started at 50. I am now 62, and these symptoms are hitting very differently.

Very Scared! FB

I feel it was a mistake to take the Xanax, in my experience, Ambien is much ‘easier’ to quit.  What is the total dose of Xanax you’ve taken?