Important Survey - Please Participate ×

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

[a7...]

I have taken Xanax under the tongue before… nastiest taste ever.  Bitter.  :P

As someone who squirts the liquid right into my mouth 5 times a day, I concur! Nasty tasting! I always wash it right down with water. Couldn't imagine holding it under my tongue.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It is certainly nasty horrible tasting in just the pill form. I am using milk to titrate down. It mixed more evenly in milk compared to water. Still have to shake it up. Am using a 3ml syringe to get more accurate doses. I add it to a bit of water and wash it down well. Just made another cut- down to .687 daily now. m cutting by an 1/16th of a mg, .0625 Can't wait to be free! :)

Thanks, Van. I think I understand what you mean. Did you keep the 2 doses lopsided like that through your whole taper?

Well, I would cut the nighttime dose a few times, then the morning dose to catch up, then I'd start cutting that evening dose again.  Once I got to .125 (.0625 twice/day) I cut out the evening dose and then I jumped from the am dose.  :)  It seemed to work OK doing it that way, fort me anyway. 

I can't even imagine how I would've done dosing more than 2x/day.  As it is (or was), there were a couple of times when I got confused and couldn't remember if I'd taken a dose or not, even though I was writing it down in 2 separate places AND I would put each dose in a separate container the night before.  You would think that would have kept me from making a mistake, but, twice, I think, I got seriously confused and I wasn't sure what I'd done.  Everything ended up OK, but I still have no idea what I did.  sooooo...  lol

Namaste.

~K    :smitten:

[a7...]

Thanks, Van. I think I understand what you mean. Did you keep the 2 doses lopsided like that through your whole taper?

Well, I would cut the nighttime dose a few times, then the morning dose to catch up, then I'd start cutting that evening dose again.  Once I got to .125 (.0625 twice/day) I cut out the evening dose and then I jumped from the am dose.  :)  It seemed to work OK doing it that way, fort me anyway. 

I can't even imagine how I would've done dosing more than 2x/day.  As it is (or was), there were a couple of times when I got confused and couldn't remember if I'd taken a dose or not, even though I was writing it down in 2 separate places AND I would put each dose in a separate container the night before.  You would think that would have kept me from making a mistake, but, twice, I think, I got seriously confused and I wasn't sure what I'd done.  Everything ended up OK, but I still have no idea what I did.  sooooo…  lol

Namaste.

~K    :smitten:

Thanks. That's similar to what I'm doing except the reverse. So far so good.  Well, as good as one can be withdrawing from X.  :o

BTW, I use a combination of my cell alarm and a pill-reminder alarm. Plus, each night I draw up all my next day's doses into separate syringes with little caps that are color-coded for what time each of is supposed to be taken. When I am really spacey, I have my adult son draw them up for me so I get the dose correct. I could never keep track of the doses without my alarms and my syringes!

I have taken Xanax under the tongue before… nastiest taste ever.  Bitter.  :P

But it worked faster that way.

Never tried that...I could barely swallow them orally! BLEH! Gross tasting! Must be the poison in them  :crazy:

Grinch

Is it normal to feel like you're going mentally crazy with this withdrawal? Like some days I feel like I'm lost in time or things don't necessarily feel real. It's scary : /

[a7...]

Is it normal to feel like you're going mentally crazy with this withdrawal? Like some days I feel like I'm lost in time or things don't necessarily feel real. It's scary : /

I felt like that early on when I was following my wacky psych nurse's advice and having pretty severe symptoms. Yes, it is very scary!

I've slowed down the taper and put my doses evenly throughout the day (no big gaps and no big differences in doses) and I haven't experienced that since. You might look at your dosing schedule. Xanax is very short acting and you could be having interdose withdrawal if you're going more than 5-6 hours between doses. Some people are sensitive that way. I had that when my dosing wasn't even. It was awful.

Raven,    Yes, I felt that way when I made too big of cuts. I now only make .0625 mg cuts. I still have about three days where W/D  symptoms increase but then I stabilize. And cut again in a couple of weeks. I so want to be done with it NOW, however, I really don't want to experience PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome) which can last a long time after you are off benzos. This is hard enough already and if a person cuts too fast or too much they really set the stage for PAWS to happen. I would say slow down, make small cuts and spread your doses. Before, I was only taking Xanax twice a day and was suffering from interdose w/d all the time and didn't know it. When I spread my daily dose into three doses it made all the difference in the world, I felt so much better. I am at .678 mg now, down from 2 mg about 3 or so months ago. Hang in there and figure out what works for you. If you are taking it just once a day you are almost certainly experiencing interdose withdrawal and it will get worse as the dose gets smaller. I highly advise cutting your dose into three doses 8 hrs apart, that stabilizes you better by keeping your blood level more stable. It doesn't mean you have failed, you are just being kind to your brain and increasing your chances of success. ;)

Thank you both for the feedback. The thing is, is that I haven't started to cut yet and I was starting to slowly feel this back when I took Xanax XR. I transitioned from XR to normal Xanax and I dose 5 times a day. Could it be tolerance withdrawal?

Raven,  I think it could be tolerance w/d. I see you are spreading your doses which is good. Have you thought about interspersing your xr with the instant release? Like every other dose while still maintaining your current dose times. This might help your brain get used to the different formula.

Raven,  I think it could be tolerance w/d. I see you are spreading your doses which is good. Have you thought about interspersing your xr with the instant release? Like every other dose while still maintaining your current dose times. This might help your brain get used to the different formula.

Yeah I have thought about it but the thing is that it was hard enough to transition. I don't want to put more in me and have to taper from that. I also had faint feelings too. But all this happens at once then goes away after a bit.

Raven, I am not saying to increase your dose. Your brain is used to the extended release version and you switched right over to instant release, therefore you might have interdose w/d symptoms due to it leaving your body quicker than the XR does even though you are dosing 4x a day. Pharmacies use different ingredients to bind the medicines which also has an effect on metabolism. I was just thinking that if you used the same equivalent of Xanax xr on every other dose it would make a smoother drop in blood level and as you stabilize, then you could slowly switch completely over to IR. Interspersing with xr may make cutting your doses less traumatic to your system too. I have some pharmaceutical knowledge from being an RN. I think it would be worth a try for you just to see if it helps. Anything that helps a person to get off this horrible drug is worth it. I know I have been so miserable in the past from interdose w/d, for prolly 14 years I suffered and the whole time I thought the anxiety and drenching sweats was from early menopause and job related stress. Had NO idea it was interdose w/d's. My husband asked me "how could you be a nurse and not know all the effects of Xanax?" I said, "because our family doctor prescribed it for GAD that became very pronounced during nursing school and I trusted our doctor" I asked my oldest daughter who is a Nurse Practitioner why our family doctor didn't warn me about dependence and w/d, and she told me that back then, 2000, they didn't know all they know now about Xanax. I was dry cutting, but decided to use whole milk to get more accurate cuts because this med is so dang powerful. I went to our local animal feed store and picked up some three milliliter syringes to measure with, don't know if that is an option for you.  Anyway, if I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask, it helps to get my mind off myself too :)

Raven, I am not saying to increase your dose. Your brain is used to the extended release version and you switched right over to instant release, therefore you might have interdose w/d symptoms due to it leaving your body quicker than the XR does even though you are dosing 4x a day. Pharmacies use different ingredients to bind the medicines which also has an effect on metabolism. I was just thinking that if you used the same equivalent of Xanax xr on every other dose it would make a smoother drop in blood level and as you stabilize, then you could slowly switch completely over to IR. Interspersing with xr may make cutting your doses less traumatic to your system too. I have some pharmaceutical knowledge from being an RN. I think it would be worth a try for you just to see if it helps. Anything that helps a person to get off this horrible drug is worth it. I know I have been so miserable in the past from interdose w/d, for prolly 14 years I suffered and the whole time I thought the anxiety and drenching sweats was from early menopause and job related stress. Had NO idea it was interdose w/d's. My husband asked me "how could you be a nurse and not know all the effects of Xanax?" I said, "because our family doctor prescribed it for GAD that became very pronounced during nursing school and I trusted our doctor" I asked my oldest daughter who is a Nurse Practitioner why our family doctor didn't warn me about dependence and w/d, and she told me that back then, 2000, they didn't know all they know now about Xanax. I was dry cutting, but decided to use whole milk to get more accurate cuts because this med is so dang powerful. I went to our local animal feed store and picked up some three milliliter syringes to measure with, don't know if that is an option for you.  Anyway, if I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask, it helps to get my mind off myself too :)

Thanks for all the help :) and yeah, which is exactly what i was worried about originally because i had a bad experience in the past dosing with and equivalent. My doctor wasn't in so they had me see someone else who basically put me on 2 normal xanax's dosed at 0.5 each. I was sleeping all day. It was horrible and I went to the hospital because I wasn't about to go back to that doctor. The feelings I get are more toward the end of the day which is understandable.

Hey Raven,

I would think it is all withdrawal.  Congratulations on switching over to regular Xanax.  Just remember it is withdrawal and it will get better.  Try not to focus on it, accept the feeling and move on. 

Monique

Hey Raven,

I would think it is all withdrawal.  Congratulations on switching over to regular Xanax.  Just remember it is withdrawal and it will get better.  Try not to focus on it, accept the feeling and move on. 

Monique

Thanks! and thanks for the idea on spreading out the doses a while back! And I will try my best.

My doctor, who cut me off over a month ago just called to ask if I would like a  renewal  :idiot:I suggested valium as a replacement. I truly wonder if HE has connected the dots.

Having just returned from out of the country, I am actually well stocked for a siege, X -> V. 

[f7...]
Started slow taper. So far has been working for me. I was lucky and found a great Addiction psychiatrist who is very benzo-wise and knows the psychology behind tapering. I never hit tolerance, and I have tried Valium before, did not work for me. Tapering directly from Xanax was the best choice. It's not completely off the table, but my Psyche knows how to do liquid and milk titrations, and when we get to that point we will discuss how to drop down the lower doses, and  he  will be able to show me how to do it properly, which he also mentioned liquid Xanax working great for titration plans. I am a long way from that though.

I use to post here last year.  I was cleaning out an old drawer today, and came across an old bottle of xanax, which made me think about this place, so I figured I'd maybe pop on here, and share my experience over the last year with some new faces dealing with getting off benzos.

My Doc put me on Benzos in June of 2013 once at night, and they made a huge improvement to my life until December when all of a sudden the old anxiety came back.  I'd be fine right after I took my dose at night, but by morning it had worn off, the anxiety was so much more overwhelmingly worse than pre-benzo, and I was just in a constant state of fear over nothing.  This time when I increased a dose by taking some during the day, it helped the anxiety, but made me so depressed too.

Anyways, got through my exams dropped out of school, quit my job, and prepared to come off these things.  I planned on jumping back into school the following semester but it took a bit longer

Just looking at my signature (I forgot the dates tbh), it looks like I was on 1.5mg on Feb 10th 2014, and then was off Xanax within 2 months. Anxiety was pretty bad after cuts, but I just persevered and wanted off.  TBH, I'm not sure how much this place helped.  There was some great parts, and great people, especially a guy named True South that had jumped right before me, and was encouraging.  But, then there was specifically 1 person that was very insulting towards myself.  I'm not sure if she was angry at how quick I tapered, or had a fundamental  problem with me taking an anti-depressant to help my symptoms, or just quick to snap at me because she was edgy from WD, or what the deal was, but it was pretty negative and not helpful for anyone. 

There was also some people that made microscopic cuts, and then complained a lot. I can appreciate that it's possible for others to go through hell with a lot smaller cuts than myself, and would never say anything to someone about it because there's nothing really wrong with them complaining.  Sometimes people just need to vent, and that's fine.  But, I can say that personally, hearing all that didn't help me.  My thinking was almost like, "if that small cut hurt them that bad, this 20x bigger cut I just took is going to kill me".  Then the talk about people taking years to recover on top.  It made coming off Xanax into this big unconquerable "thing"

Basically, from my last couple paragraphs it sounds like others were edgy, and I was edgy, and it resulted in maybe a bit of a negative byproduct that is inevitable when stuffing so many easily-stressed people in the same forum, lol. 

Anyways, I stopped posting a little bit after jumping off I think.  It was almost like an attempt that if I stopped thinking about benzo's all the time things would get better.  Well it didn't initially.  I thought my life was over and it would never get better.  I had zero energy to get out of bed, was so depressed, and very suicidal, which was kind of really scary.  It turned into this negative reinforcing loop, where I had no energy, which meant I had to stay in bed, which meant I was getting depressed because how bad my life sucked that I was laying in bed all day, which started the circle over again as the depression, and lack of exercise just re-enforced the lack of energy.  And, on top of it I was smoking cause it seemed like one of the enjoyments I had, but made me incredibly out of shape. Finally my mom said "enough is enough, you have to atleast attempt to move forward and get your life back".

This resulted in my going to a new shrink in September.  I was put on Remeron.  It got rid of the suicidal level of depression, thank God.  I wasn't really sad or anything anymore.  Not particularly happy, but not depressed.  I still had no energy, and by the middle of winter (yeah Canada!) I had gained quite a bit of weight due to just lack of exercise from no energy, and awful eating habits while depressed, and not caring.

Time went on for a bit, and I think around February my grandfather asked me if I wanted a part time job as a courier.  It seemed like an easy, low stress job, and I was kind of excited by the notion of making some money and buying a few things I needed.  I wasn't ready for a big, full time, high stress job or anything, but I figured, what the hell, I think I can handle this for now.  So, I applied for it, and threw out some resumes for similar positions.  I also lined up an appointment with someone in my actual field (finance), to just kind of talk to them.

Well, I got 2 interviews (over 150 applied for both jobs)  for the 'easy' courier jobs, and got neither; however, I met with the guy in my field, and he said he could get me a job at his investment bank so long as I took the Canadian Securities Course.  Wow.  That was the single biggest turning point in my year.  All of a sudden it was like I had hope again.  A life to look forward to with a good job.  Possibilities to move to downtown Toronto in the heart of the financial district doing a job I love.  I still had zero energy, and had put on a whopping 40lbs, but this potential job motivated me to lose the weight so I could fit back into my suits for work. 

And, guess what?  I've lost 20lbs and my energy's coming back.  I've also quit smoking, am jogging, lifting weights, studying for my Canadian securities exam (series 7 in USA), have been doing some DIY projects around the house, and am happy,hopeful in life, and looking forward to what comes next. I'm no longer sleeping the day away, and can't wake up till noon.  Rather I'm up early every morning and getting things done.

Regarding my anxiety levels, it's better than pre-Xanax (which may be the Remeron, I dunno).  1 of my problems was social anxiety that got really bad when I had to do speeches/public speaking.  I'm pleased to announce that I've been to 2 Toastmasters meeting in the last 2 weeks.  For those unaware of what Toastmasters is, it's groups (mine has 40 people) that meets and practices their public speaking skills together.  I wasn't nervous the first time, but as soon as I had to speak in front of everyone my anxiety levels skyrocketed.  But, I went back, and felt more comfortable this time.  I'm trying to meet my fear, and address a weakness head on. 

So, here I am.  1 year removed from graduating from university with a 90% average.  Life has gone on.  Things are looking fine again.  I lost a bit of time, sure, but I feel like I have my life back now.  I'm ambitious with my career goals.  I plan on being a stock-broker, and building my client base to the point where I own my own firm (which requires $8 million in sales your first year).  There's currently nothing from my xanax experience imo that is holding me back from achieving that.

I really hope I haven't come off as conceited, but I'm just trying to maybe show people that feel like there is no hope, that it's possible to look forward to your life again, and possible to not even think of Benzo's.  I haven't thought of them for month until I came across that bottle today.

Also, one piece of advice I would give to people to hopefully learn from my mistakes would be, to maybe force yourself to exercise a bit, or work part time, whatever you can, just do something, and give yourself a reason to get out of bed.Don't make your whole life about Xanax withdrawl.  Don't just stay in bed all day letting depression envelope your life.  I genuinely feel like while the Xanax withdrawal symptoms absolutely suck, and while you can't control those, there are other factors that can crop up in this experience that you can control, and can make a difference if you make good choices here.  I feel like my frame of mind was absolutely a huge factor in this, and positivity is essential to improvement. When in the moment I was just blaming all the crap on benzo WD, but in hindsight I could have done more, that would have helped. When you allow yourself to get out of shape, it makes it harder to feel happy about yourself imo.

Sorry, for what turned into a long ass post.  I guess a lot has happened in the last year, so I had some stuff to say.

Raven, I believe that's called "depersonalization" or "derealization."  Luckily I escaped those particular symptoms, but I know a lot of people suffer from them.  I'm so sorry you're going through that. :(  <3 

Namaste.

~K    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

lacey, congratulations!  I found that periodically I'd have to take breaks away from the forum when I was overwhelmed, and I tried to avoid posts that were too negative, but I found some great people here and a lot of comfort and good advice.  Each of us has our own individual journey, and it's up to US to figure out what we need to do to take of ourselves.  What works for one person might not work for another.  It's important to be diligent and try to move forward and stay positive. 

Anyway.  It sounds like you're doing well.  Good luck on your travels in the future.

Namaste.

~K    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

thats really strange sometimes it feels like bad xanax withdrawals hittin me when im really hungry i just had a nice dindin im feeling a lil relief maybe it was the 2 cigarreettes i had driving to go get dinner that made me feel worse . i was kinda stressed i thought i lost a $20 i found it a few hours later it was in that crack between the driver's seat where coins always end up at

I use to post here last year.  I was cleaning out an old drawer today, and came across an old bottle of xanax, which made me think about this place, so I figured I'd maybe pop on here, and share my experience over the last year with some new faces dealing with getting off benzos.

My Doc put me on Benzos in June of 2013 once at night, and they made a huge improvement to my life until December when all of a sudden the old anxiety came back.  I'd be fine right after I took my dose at night, but by morning it had worn off, the anxiety was so much more overwhelmingly worse than pre-benzo, and I was just in a constant state of fear over nothing.  This time when I increased a dose by taking some during the day, it helped the anxiety, but made me so depressed too.

Anyways, got through my exams dropped out of school, quit my job, and prepared to come off these things.  I planned on jumping back into school the following semester but it took a bit longer

Just looking at my signature (I forgot the dates tbh), it looks like I was on 1.5mg on Feb 10th 2014, and then was off Xanax within 2 months. Anxiety was pretty bad after cuts, but I just persevered and wanted off.  TBH, I'm not sure how much this place helped.  There was some great parts, and great people, especially a guy named True South that had jumped right before me, and was encouraging.  But, then there was specifically 1 person that was very insulting towards myself.  I'm not sure if she was angry at how quick I tapered, or had a fundamental  problem with me taking an anti-depressant to help my symptoms, or just quick to snap at me because she was edgy from WD, or what the deal was, but it was pretty negative and not helpful for anyone. 

There was also some people that made microscopic cuts, and then complained a lot. I can appreciate that it's possible for others to go through hell with a lot smaller cuts than myself, and would never say anything to someone about it because there's nothing really wrong with them complaining.  Sometimes people just need to vent, and that's fine.  But, I can say that personally, hearing all that didn't help me.  My thinking was almost like, "if that small cut hurt them that bad, this 20x bigger cut I just took is going to kill me".  Then the talk about people taking years to recover on top.  It made coming off Xanax into this big unconquerable "thing"

Basically, from my last couple paragraphs it sounds like others were edgy, and I was edgy, and it resulted in maybe a bit of a negative byproduct that is inevitable when stuffing so many easily-stressed people in the same forum, lol. 

Anyways, I stopped posting a little bit after jumping off I think.  It was almost like an attempt that if I stopped thinking about benzo's all the time things would get better.  Well it didn't initially.  I thought my life was over and it would never get better.  I had zero energy to get out of bed, was so depressed, and very suicidal, which was kind of really scary.  It turned into this negative reinforcing loop, where I had no energy, which meant I had to stay in bed, which meant I was getting depressed because how bad my life sucked that I was laying in bed all day, which started the circle over again as the depression, and lack of exercise just re-enforced the lack of energy.  And, on top of it I was smoking cause it seemed like one of the enjoyments I had, but made me incredibly out of shape. Finally my mom said "enough is enough, you have to atleast attempt to move forward and get your life back".

This resulted in my going to a new shrink in September.  I was put on Remeron.  It got rid of the suicidal level of depression, thank God.  I wasn't really sad or anything anymore.  Not particularly happy, but not depressed.  I still had no energy, and by the middle of winter (yeah Canada!) I had gained quite a bit of weight due to just lack of exercise from no energy, and awful eating habits while depressed, and not caring.

Time went on for a bit, and I think around February my grandfather asked me if I wanted a part time job as a courier.  It seemed like an easy, low stress job, and I was kind of excited by the notion of making some money and buying a few things I needed.  I wasn't ready for a big, full time, high stress job or anything, but I figured, what the hell, I think I can handle this for now.  So, I applied for it, and threw out some resumes for similar positions.  I also lined up an appointment with someone in my actual field (finance), to just kind of talk to them.

Well, I got 2 interviews (over 150 applied for both jobs)  for the 'easy' courier jobs, and got neither; however, I met with the guy in my field, and he said he could get me a job at his investment bank so long as I took the Canadian Securities Course.  Wow.  That was the single biggest turning point in my year.  All of a sudden it was like I had hope again.  A life to look forward to with a good job.  Possibilities to move to downtown Toronto in the heart of the financial district doing a job I love.  I still had zero energy, and had put on a whopping 40lbs, but this potential job motivated me to lose the weight so I could fit back into my suits for work. 

And, guess what?  I've lost 20lbs and my energy's coming back.  I've also quit smoking, am jogging, lifting weights, studying for my Canadian securities exam (series 7 in USA), have been doing some DIY projects around the house, and am happy,hopeful in life, and looking forward to what comes next. I'm no longer sleeping the day away, and can't wake up till noon.  Rather I'm up early every morning and getting things done.

Regarding my anxiety levels, it's better than pre-Xanax (which may be the Remeron, I dunno).  1 of my problems was social anxiety that got really bad when I had to do speeches/public speaking.  I'm pleased to announce that I've been to 2 Toastmasters meeting in the last 2 weeks.  For those unaware of what Toastmasters is, it's groups (mine has 40 people) that meets and practices their public speaking skills together.  I wasn't nervous the first time, but as soon as I had to speak in front of everyone my anxiety levels skyrocketed.  But, I went back, and felt more comfortable this time.  I'm trying to meet my fear, and address a weakness head on. 

So, here I am.  1 year removed from graduating from university with a 90% average.  Life has gone on.  Things are looking fine again.  I lost a bit of time, sure, but I feel like I have my life back now.  I'm ambitious with my career goals.  I plan on being a stock-broker, and building my client base to the point where I own my own firm (which requires $8 million in sales your first year).  There's currently nothing from my xanax experience imo that is holding me back from achieving that.

I really hope I haven't come off as conceited, but I'm just trying to maybe show people that feel like there is no hope, that it's possible to look forward to your life again, and possible to not even think of Benzo's.  I haven't thought of them for month until I came across that bottle today.

Also, one piece of advice I would give to people to hopefully learn from my mistakes would be, to maybe force yourself to exercise a bit, or work part time, whatever you can, just do something, and give yourself a reason to get out of bed.Don't make your whole life about Xanax withdrawl.  Don't just stay in bed all day letting depression envelope your life.  I genuinely feel like while the Xanax withdrawal symptoms absolutely suck, and while you can't control those, there are other factors that can crop up in this experience that you can control, and can make a difference if you make good choices here.  I feel like my frame of mind was absolutely a huge factor in this, and positivity is essential to improvement. When in the moment I was just blaming all the crap on benzo WD, but in hindsight I could have done more, that would have helped. When you allow yourself to get out of shape, it makes it harder to feel happy about yourself imo.

Sorry, for what turned into a long ass post.  I guess a lot has happened in the last year, so I had some stuff to say.

There's a lot of wisdom in this post.  Thanks, lacey…glad you're doing so well.  Can you post this as a success story, or have you already written one?

;D

Thanks Challis, and vangoghsear.  I haven't posted it as a success story Challis but I can

Yes!! That was amazing! I keep the hope alive but there is a nagging feeling clawing at me telling me I won't get better so I needed to hear that! And totally agree on the mind set! It is the only thing that pushes me forward! Pure grit and determination!  :thumbsup:

Grinch

This week I taught my first class, I wrote a way too long post on my Benzo Free thread regarding how it went if anyone is interested. But I had to tell people who understands a very sad and disturbing thing that happened in my class. I was sitting down at lunch on Tues and happened to overhear a conversations between 3 students talking about popping Xanax!! You should have seen my ears perk up! I wanted to shout and scream and shake them till they understood the danger they are in taking such crap! They are around 21 yrs old and have no idea the gamble they are taking with their health. No one should be using benzos IMO! And definitely not nursing students who "just need to take the edge off"!!!! Ggrr!! Makes me sooo mad! And feel so helpless bc it's not like I can say anything to them in my position. Or explain my situation. I have tried to explain to other people and NO ONE believes me! They all think I did something wrong! I didn't, I was just like them, needed some sleep. Ended up completely ruined!!  :tickedoff:  :tickedoff:  :tickedoff: