Long term users in recovery thread (10 years +)

[os...]

The more I read on this site, the more convinced I am that this is basically a 3 year deal for many for the majority of symptoms to leave and for a TOTAL recovery, maybe 4 or even 5 years (to the point where every last symptom has gone).

I can't see the bad anxiety being as severe getting down lower, not after an extremely long taper... I will live in hope anyway, all I want is for it to dial down just a little bit when I make reductions...

I may just have to train myself to accept the fear and try and see it as par the course... if I get panic attacks also, well, that's a different thing altogether.

Glad to see some recovery happening.

Oscar

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [am...]

• [...]

• [No...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Another long-term user here. This stuff doesn't want to let go, at least not any time soon. My life pretty much revolves around this taper now. Not what I bargained for . . .

I can so relate to that underthecovers, the taper is pretty much 95% of my life now. It's kinda depressing at times.

How are you doing?

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

*Bumping as there's not much support for long term users. Hopefully things will pick up on here I myself have been on this drug way over 20 year's and tapering but having a hard time with symptoms .

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...

*Bumping as there's not much support for long term users. Hopefully things will pick up on here I myself have been on this drug way over 20 year's and tapering but having a hard time with symptoms .

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Nova... i've been on and off benzos for well over 25+ years. I'm also looking for support from others who are in the same boat. This thread doesn't seem to be very active. Sad. Please reach out to me for support! We can help each other.

xoxo

Karen

Hi.  I have not been on here in ages, was looking to see what happened with this group!  I guess not much!

Hi Barbara- I am also a long term user. On and off for over 20 years. Please PM me if you'd like support. I am still tapering but now down to .15mg clon daily. Hope to hear from you!

Karen