Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

I can't confirm, but I started to get tinnitus before I ever touched a benzo, and I was drinking too much. While I was on Klonopin the tinnitus was gone, and came back big time since jumping. So I think they are closely related.

Thanks Wondernova  :smitten:

I have read so much about how Alcohol is so similar to benzo W/D  and how alocohol and benzo's hit the same receptors.

So I looked up Alcohol withdrawal and tinnitus and hit Pay-dirt!

https://www.google.com/search?q=does+alcohol+withdrawal+cause+tinnitus&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Turns out tinnitus is a very common S/X for X drinkers.  Very interesting.  Every report says it fades in a few years in the worst cases.

I wonder if Benzo gabaA down-regulation is worse than Alcohol gabaA downregulation.  I drank heavy for 20 years and I could walk away from a drink for months at a time OR did I?  Seems I was always drinking or finding a reason to party and I only quit around the time I started benzo's since the doctor warned me NOT to mix them so I quit drinking during the "BENZO YEARS"  Very interesting.  Maybe 5 years of benzo's just delayed my alcohol withdrawal?

So alcohol withdrawal cause tinnitus,  interesting.    I sure had bad tinnitus during hangovers but it faded so fast.

Can anyone confirm that alcohol withdrawal cause long term tinnitus?

Uhhhmmm, I'm to lazy to do the research but I would say it would stand to reason. They both hit gaba a perhaps different subunits. Then again, There are some noteable differences between the wd syndromes as well as the therapeutic effect of the two substances. hmmm

:)

I have read so much about how Alcohol is so similar to benzo W/D  and how alocohol and benzo's hit the same receptors.

So I looked up Alcohol withdrawal and tinnitus and hit Pay-dirt!

https://www.google.com/search?q=does+alcohol+withdrawal+cause+tinnitus&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Turns out tinnitus is a very common S/X for X drinkers.  Very interesting.  Every report says it fades in a few years in the worst cases.

I wonder if Benzo gabaA down-regulation is worse than Alcohol gabaA downregulation.  I drank heavy for 20 years and I could walk away from a drink for months at a time OR did I?  Seems I was always drinking or finding a reason to party and I only quit around the time I started benzo's since the doctor warned me NOT to mix them so I quit drinking during the "BENZO YEARS"  Very interesting.  Maybe 5 years of benzo's just delayed my alcohol withdrawal?

So alcohol withdrawal cause tinnitus,  interesting.    I sure had bad tinnitus during hangovers but it faded so fast.

Can anyone confirm that alcohol withdrawal cause long term tinnitus?

Uhhhmmm, I'm to lazy to do the research but I would say it would stand to reason. They both hit gaba a perhaps different subunits. Then again, There are some noteable differences between the wd syndromes as well as the therapeutic effect of the two substances. hmmm

Your not lazy snowy 8)  I've seen your work  :thumbsup:

Thanks Snowy  :-*:smitten::-*

I'm happy to hear this Birdie. You are so methodical. If there is something to be discovered, You are first in line. Genius, to say the least.  ;)

Snowy  :)

Snowy, i never knew you dealt with TT ugg! If not for my sizzling in my ear going on things sure would be alot better ~CD

Hiya there CD.  :) Yes, It sounded like I just got out of a very loud rock concert non-stop. I must say I was lucky that it didn't get as bad as others describe. I hope yer ears heal soon CD...and that goes fer you too Birdie...and everyone else here.  :thumbsup:

Snowy

Thanks Snowy & Birdman hoping this TT lets up for us all ~Huggs ~CD

How are you doing today CD? I hope better.

Still cutting lumber? Or firewood?

Hoping for a decent day for all of us.

Peace, Snowy

Snowy, won`t complain today no cutting wood today it`s raining out and it`s Deer season out here so been keeping the woods quiet and besides i need a break coming off these benzo has my original back issue flaring it`s why i was givin benzo to start errr! Hope your doing ok and my TT is at a decent level today but still there ! ~CD

Peace, Snowy

Snowy, won`t complain today no cutting wood today it`s raining out and it`s Deer season out here so been keeping the woods quiet and besides i need a break coming off these benzo has my original back issue flaring it`s why i was givin benzo to start errr! Hope your doing ok and my TT is at a decent level today but still there ! ~CD

Yes, I hear you man. Get that back healed, my friend.  ;)

Snowy

Peace, Snowy

Hi Cando,  It's really unfair how long T take to go away.  I've been reading about brain pathways that get stuck firing and its hard to stop them.    It's hard for people that do not have to know the suffering  :'(

Get better soon and stay warm :thumbsup:

Bird

Peace, Snowy

Hi Cando,  It's really unfair how long T take to go away.  I've been reading about brain pathways that get stuck firing and its hard to stop them.    It's hard for people that do not have to know the suffering  :'(

Get better soon and stay warm :thumbsup:

Bird

Bird, thanks and yes i have read alot about TT and it is the pathway to the brain causing the noise and seems not alot can be done about it! Seems not many have it i do not think they know how lucky they are. You keep warm also ~CD

Yes, that is what is so scary, there isn't anything they can do for such suffering.  I hear you about the back. Mine went out while showering and I am in much pain.  Looks like I'll have to go ahead and get that surgery, bad as I feel.  Hope your TT goes down some.  Mine isn't usually too bad but I have had it a long time now, it was my first tolerance symptom but I didn't know it. 

Yes, that is what is so scary, there isn't anything they can do for such suffering.  I hear you about the back. Mine went out while showering and I am in much pain.  Looks like I'll have to go ahead and get that surgery, bad as I feel.  Hope your TT goes down some.  Mine isn't usually too bad but I have had it a long time now, it was my first tolerance symptom but I didn't know it.

free, send you my best and hope things get better for you soon and my TT started in Tolance also stupid me i should have tryed getting off this long ago and i was put on for my back go figure ? ~CD

Yes it's the first symptom to show up and the last one to go.  It can really mess with your tranquility, no peace until it's over and gone (if that ever happens).  I listen to cricket sounds all day and night and it's best thing since it's a naturally noisy sound that the brain is not afraid of.  I was so sad one night looking up at the stars and thinking I would never be able to enjoy this in silence ever again, then I remembed the crickets!  It was never really silent :)  So now I look at the stars and turn up the cricket sounds on my ipod, it's all good :thumbsup: 

In the end the tinnitus gives me anxiety and that's what I do not like about that high pitched sound, just NASTY to listen too :sick:  It's the worst sound and makes me so nervous!    My only salvation is to listen to sounds louder than the tinnitus but that kind of cuts me off from talking to people and be social.  I have lost a lot of friends over this and it turned me into a hermit.  I am happiest alone now, kind of sad actually but I hear it's common among us.

hi guys !

mine tinnitus started 10-15 days after my last dose of benzo...13 month until now.

had this hell "completely go away" for someone? after 1 year? after 2 year?..

hi guys !

mine tinnitus started 10-15 days after my last dose of benzo...13 month until now.

For some people yes and for others not for 5 or 10 years and sometimes never.    I talked to some people who give in and take 5mg Valium for life just to beat this ONE s/x.  So far I can't fix it buy just jumping and waiting.  Every time I jump it comes back hard and I have jumped 3 times.  It's amazing how just a tiny trace of benzo helps this ONE nasty s/x.  If it does not get better for me I may just give into a small dose.  I can't live this way, tinnitus sucks worse than benzo's.  Then again its not the sound that bugs me, the sound gives me high anxiety so its still anxiety that's the real problem so I am thinking.  I keep hoping that one day it goes away but one day I may just say F__CK IT and say I need 5mg's V!  In the mean time I will keep waiting and listening and waiting some more,,,,, listening to crickets while I learn deaf sign language that tells people 'I AM DEAF' so get the F__K away from me! (great way to push people away in the store when your listing to sound tracks on your blue tooth hearing aids)  I am more afraid of talking to people than ever but I do like typing still :)

Do You Sign?  I do now :) 

I regularly tell passers by  I AM DEAF in sign just so they stop talking to me.  I'm becoming very withdrawn because of all this noise in my head. :'( :'( :'(

Welcome to my life after benzos :'(       

I may as well be deaf  :'( :'( :'(     

I'm fully healed expect for my ears. 

No peace yet and I'm about ready to sell my soul to the highest bidder over this symptom  :-X 

do ou exercise? start now..

do you smoke? quit now..

AM101 med for tinnitus is on the way!!

hang in ther buddie..we are fighters!

from what I have read here at bb and from ashton manual, tinnitus usually gone the first months after withdrawal. if not,  then it is very difficult to "go away".

i mean i have not see anyone that his tinnitus go away after 2 or 3 years.

*sorry for my english

hi guys !

For some people yes and for others not for 5 or 10 years and sometimes never.    I talked to some people who give in and take 5mg Valium for life just to beat this ONE s/x.  So far I can't fix it buy just jumping and waiting.  Every time I jump it comes back hard and I have jumped 3 times.  It's amazing how just a tiny trace of benzo helps this ONE nasty s/x.  If it does not get better for me I may just give into a small dose.  I can't live this way, tinnitus sucks worse than benzo's.  Then again its not the sound that bugs me, the sound gives me high anxiety so its still anxiety that's the real problem so I am thinking.  I keep hoping that one day it goes away but one day I may just say F__CK IT and say I need 5mg's V!  In the mean time I will keep waiting and listening and waiting some more,,,,, listening to crickets while I learn deaf sign language that tells people 'I AM DEAF' so get the F__K away from me! (great way to push people away in the store when your listing to sound tracks on your blue tooth hearing aids)  I am more afraid of talking to people than ever but I do like typing still :)

I regularly tell passers by  I AM DEAF in sign just so they stop talking to me.  I'm becoming very withdrawn because of all this noise in my head. :'( :'( :'(

No peace yet and I'm about ready to sell my soul to the highest bidder over this symptom  :-X

Bird i fully understand i am in the same frame of mind but still tapering not sure what to say !

do you smoke? quit now..

from what I have read here at bb and from ashton manual, tinnitus usually gone the first months after withdrawal. if not,  then it is very difficult to "go away".

*sorry for my english

Hi Greece, What is AM101? Can you give me a link to read?

Thanks  :)

do you smoke? quit now..

*sorry for my english

Bird, if it makes you fel any better i have read TT is one of the last s/x`s to leave so keep the faith ! ~CD

hi guys !

Bird i fully understand i am in the same frame of mind but still tapering not sure what to say !

Thanks Can Do, I think the end of the taper could be the worst part as far as tinnitus goes.  If I did it again I would take a year when I got down to the last 5mg V.    That last tiny bit if benzo was the worst for me as far as tinnitus goes.

do you smoke? quit now..

*sorry for my english

http://www.aurismedical.com/product-candidates/am-101

http://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/am-101-tactt1-results-released.1994/

:) keep strong!!!

do you smoke? quit now..

*sorry for my english

http://www.aurismedical.com/product-candidates/am-101

http://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/am-101-tactt1-results-released.1994/

:) keep strong!!!

Thanks Greece,    this sounds like it could work. 

Thanks Greece,    this sounds like it could work.

May i ask you?

when yours tinnitus started was from the begining so loud? or at the begining was very quiet and gradually get louder?

what other symptoms do you have(or you had)? a feeling lika a water inside the ear? ear pain? tight muscles around the ear? cold or hot ear?

have you ever listen someones T from benzowithdrawal go away after 2 or 3 or 4 years?