Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

Hi Guys,

Same for me PD, it is bouncing around from super loud to hardly noticable at times. Hopefully that is a good sign that it will go away before too long ! 

Patrick 

Great news that it's getting less intense for you guys. :)

The tinnitus has ramped up for me lately, but the hyperacusis is much better. I'm soooo happy about that.

I take my last dose tonight. Wheeee!  ;D

Congrats Noklono !

Great way to END 2013 !!

:thumbsup:

Thanks, Patrick. I'm stoked!

I didn't plan on jumping New Year's Eve. It's just the way my taper worked out. Kinda cool, though.  8)

I really enjoy your posts, by the way. You have a great attitude.  :)

Very cool and thanks NoKlono !

I really think it helps to have a good attitude in life, especially when we are trying to recover from a brain injury !!

Happy 2014 !!

Very cool and thanks NoKlono !

I really think it helps to have a good attitude in life, especially when we are trying to recover from a brain injury !!

Happy 2014 !!

You, too! First benzo-free New Year in a while for us both.

(I'm in a ridiculously good mood about this.  ;D )

Congrats Nono. I'll be thinking of you, sigh. Do you have any lingering crummy symptoms or are you pretty much symptom-free?

Okatz

Thanks, oregonkatz.  :)  Why the sigh? Are you feeling bad?  :(

I still have symptoms, yes, but I'm miles better than I was (so far).

My most bothersome symptom right now is vertigo. It comes and goes. Not a big deal at all. I remind myself that, as a kid, I spun myself around, trying to feel this way on purpose.  :wacko:

Happy New Year!  :)

Nono, my sigh was one of envy. I wish I were done!!!

Okatz

Ah, okay, I get it.

Yeah, I'll probably start envying all the healed people any minute now.  :-X

You're getting very close, though. It won't be long now.  :)

Congrats No Klono!!!!!!  Now, the true recovery begins!  I believe these drugs cause (temporary) brain injury.  Healing from them takes a while but we will all heal in time.

How many have had their tinnitus gone after finishing with their taper?

My tinnitus isn't gone, but it has decreased significantly.

PD

That's not too bad. I would settle for that for the time being.  ;)

Great news that it's getting less intense for you guys. :)

The tinnitus has ramped up for me lately, but the hyperacusis is much better. I'm soooo happy about that.

I take my last dose tonight. Wheeee!  ;D

Excellent way to start the New Year. You go, you!  :thumbsup:

Continuing on the Lipoflavinoids. My ear ringing mostly remains at a low level, not problematic at all. I was annoyed because yesterday the ringing got louder for a few hours, but that seems to have been temporary.

Does anyone's ear pain/pressure get worse at the end of the day say from 4 p.m. on?

Okatz

Okatz, I can relate! yes from 4:00PM up until bed time it's bad.  It's best when I just wake up and just crack my eye lid open.  If I move too much the T comes back pretty fast.  They say when we sleep the brain is flooded with GABA and when waking the glutamate comes back fast.  This is probably why our T is lowest when waking and get's worse as the day goes on. 

I did hold for two weeks and the T did get better and better with holding. 

SOMETHING NEW!!  T RELIEF!

Bone Conduction head phones!  You can crank these up and they cannot damage your hearing since they vibrate your ear-bones so there is not real sound. The vibration goes right into your head.  After 30 minutes of listening to music my T is almost down 90%  - It comes back in 20 minutes but not as bad.  GREAT if you need a break from the T.

If Tinnitus is driving you Nuts I recommend these for relief, they actually calm me the second I put them on, like my tension is butter and these are the hot knife :) Cuts right through it 8)  Highly recommended ;D

I LOVE THEM!! I'd wear them 24/7 while healing if I could.  Many brands available, Google search for "Bone Conduction head phones"

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag4/birdman22222/bone-phicom1d_zpse44acfef.jpg

See youtube reviews 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0IIM7GjFxQ

HEAL AND BE WELL ALL  :angel:

Bird  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

That is pretty cool, birdman. I am buzzing like crazy. Started micro taper and am ok but for the buz-z-z-z-ing.

Hi CC,  I am wearing these right now, Absolute HEAVEN :) Not like anything I ever experienced, feels weird at first like A sound probe is in your brain.  Sounds bad, feels great, AHHHHHH ;)

No more buzzing. Listing to some mixed 80's music being beamed right into my brain past the tinnitus buzzing sound.  Ah, sweet relief ;D

birdie...I just looked into this. I have a friend that is not in w/d and has had tinnitus for years. It really rattles his cage. I am going to get these for him. :thumbsup:

Hi  SB, GM and CC

I just bought one for my Mom who has horrific T from 25 years of AD's

This is the best price I found with MIC for making cell phone calls VERY NICE FEATURE!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aftershokz-Mobile-Bone-Conduction-Headphones-with-inline-Mic-2012-New-/110944609328?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d4d06430

If you crank them up they just about wipe out the buzzing sound totally and you can still talk to people since they are not inside your ears plugging them up. Also it can't make T worse by damaging the hairs in your ear since they do not use speakers that push air at high speeds.  This feels like it's sound being beamed right into your brain, hard to explain but a very neat effect.  It's a very unique way of listening to any tinnitus masking sounds from water falls to pink noise to music.  I REALLY find it super helpful and very relaxing.  When I put them on it feels like sticking a badly burned finger in ice water, "ahhhhhhh relief"  they are almost addictive, I feel like I am getting a fix every time I put them on ;D  T relief can be very relaxing ;)

Thank you for all your knowledge, Birdie!

Thanks Gogo, If I find something good I share it.  Lord knows I have a pile of stuff that did not work :laugh:

Thanks Snoball and guitarman :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone!

Tinnitus is one of my many sxs. I have it in both ears. Thanks Birdman for inviting me to this thread.

I just bought Lipo-Flavonoid Plus by DSE Heathcare Solutions. I see it has the B vitamins (1,2,6,12) and c, but it has so many other fillers and dyes in it too.  I am scared to take it with all the fillers.  Which brands has anyone tried? Is there one more natural? Just wondering if anyone is having any problems with it?

Thanks again    Love IslandGirl

Hi everyone!

Tinnitus is one of my many sxs. I have it in both ears. Thanks Birdman for inviting me to this thread.

I just bought Lipo-Flavonoid Plus by DSE Heathcare Solutions. I see it has the B vitamins (1,2,6,12) and c, but it has so many other fillers and dyes in it too.  I am scared to take it with all the fillers.  Which brands has anyone tried? Is there one more natural? Just wondering if anyone is having any problems with it?

Thanks again    Love IslandGirl

i would be careful with all supplements this early out IslandGirl. the DSE Lipo-Flavanoid as lots of fillers, dyes, magnesium stearate, etc. and could quite possibly set off some reactions or setbacks. i have one person that send me a PM about a very serious setback she had from MSM. i'm just very careful lately about all supplements unless i am really dificient and need it now.

also, B vitamins, inositol and choline could affect neurtransmitters.