Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

Hey Needsome, you are absolutely right about BENZOS :tickedoff:  :crazy:  :idiot:  :o  :(  I feel your pain. The only thing you can do is to keep on  :boxer:  :oXo:  You will win.  :smitten:

Needsomehelp,

Hang in there buddy, your doing great and all that you need to do now is continue the slow taper and most important " let time pass" the great and magnificent healer!

Be well soon. :)

ATU

Needsomehelp,

Hang in there buddy, your doing great and all that you need to do now is continue the slow taper and most important " let time pass" the great and magnificent healer!

Be well soon. :)

ATU

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey birdman, 102 temp. Not good. As if you weren't suffering enough eh?

I hope things turn around for you soon. In fact I have a feeling that your gonna be feelin better real soon.

Keep smiling! :smitten:

ATU

Did your withdrawal hit you in the ears?

After going cold turkey I developed three levels of tinnitus.

The first level was your basic high pitched buzz.

The second level sounded like a dentists drill that was cutting through my ear drum 24/7, I name this sensation "The Drill" and it got really bad every evening.

The third level was like this dentists drill noise had cut through my left ear canal and the drill bit felt like it was imbedded in my brain tissue and vibrating my gray matter to the point I got double vision.  It was the most nasty feeling in the world!

I did a ton of research and collected lots of data and met so many other buddies who were really freaked out with their ear symptoms.

This thread will address Tinnitus and Hyperacusis concerns:

Is it permanent damage? 

Will it ever end?

How long until it heals!

How can I live with this? 

What tricks can aid me as I heal?

In this forum you can hopefully find the answers that are haunting you.

For me it is still my worst symptom to the point where it is my only symptom since all my focus is on it.  If I have other symptoms I do not notice them since this one dominates so fully.

If your tinnitus or hyperacusis is really worrying you ask questions and please post your experience's here.

Thank you and welcome to the TENACIOUS TINNITUS CLUB

After several years it will get significantly better.

Tinnitus should not be a major issue for anyone when you consider some of the serious stx's.

Tinnitus should not be a major issue for anyone when you consider some of the serious stx's.

Everyone's experience of tinnitus is different.  I personally had intrusive tinnitus and it caused me great suffering.  People become disabled from tinnitus and people commit suicide because of tinnitus.  I couldn't sleep because of tinnitus and my anxiety / depression was so high that I couldn't function.  I know it's hard to understand if you haven't experienced tinnitus in this way, but for some of us it is very serious.

Tinnitus is the number one service-connected disability for returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan (three consecutive years).  http://www.ata.org/sites/ata.org/files/pdf/ATA%20Facts%20About%20Military%20Veterans%20and%20Tinnitus.pdf

"Of 9,000 patients who have come to the tinnitus clinic at Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, clinic director Billy Martin said he was aware of eight who committed suicide. Most of the patients show up with insomnia, anxiety and depression, along with their tinnitus.

"The combination is extremely difficult to deal with," he said. "The load this places on people is beyond what any human was designed to endure." "

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Depression/tinnitus-suicide/story?id=15003057

Everyone's experience of tinnitus is different.  I personally had intrusive tinnitus and it caused me great suffering.  People become disabled from tinnitus and people commit suicide because of tinnitus.  I couldn't sleep because of tinnitus and my anxiety / depression was so high that I couldn't function.  I know it's hard to understand if you haven't experienced tinnitus in this way, but for some of us it is very serious.

Tinnitus is the number one service-connected disability for returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan (three consecutive years).  http://www.ata.org/sites/ata.org/files/pdf/ATA%20Facts%20About%20Military%20Veterans%20and%20Tinnitus.pdf

"Of 9,000 patients who have come to the tinnitus clinic at Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, clinic director Billy Martin said he was aware of eight who committed suicide. Most of the patients show up with insomnia, anxiety and depression, along with their tinnitus.

"The combination is extremely difficult to deal with," he said. "The load this places on people is beyond what any human was designed to endure." "

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Depression/tinnitus-suicide/story?id=15003057

so you figure folks committed suicide from the ringing in the ears not from the depression?

truly, with all respect, what i said is on the money

so you figure folks committed suicide from the ringing in the ears not from the depression?

The first 15 months that I had tinnitus I did not want to live anymore.  You have no idea what hell I went through.  There are many people that commit suicide because of tinnitus.  In the article I quoted, they were inferring that the insomnia, anxiety, and depression was a result of their tinnitus.  Obviously, not everyone has that kind of reaction to tinnitus, but some do.  I went to a University hospital that has a tinnitus clinic for tinnitus counseling by an Audiologist who specializes in working with tinnitus patients.  One of the questions on the initial evaluation asked about suicidal thoughts.  Many patients who have enough difficulty dealing with tinnitus that they seek out counseling also have a suicide risk.

We all base our opinions on our experiences in this life.  Prior to this experience, I would have never believed that ringing in the ears could cause someone to want to take their own life.  I believe it now!  With all due respect, I do not believe that what you said is on the money.

The first 15 months that I had tinnitus I did not want to live anymore.  You have no idea what hell I went through.  There are many people that commit suicide because of tinnitus.  In the article I quoted, they were inferring that the insomnia, anxiety, and depression was a result of their tinnitus.  Obviously, not everyone has that kind of reaction to tinnitus, but some do.  I went to a University hospital that has a tinnitus clinic for tinnitus counseling by an Audiologist who specializes in working with tinnitus patients.  One of the questions on the initial evaluation asked about suicidal thoughts.  Many patients who have enough difficulty dealing with tinnitus that they seek out counseling also have a suicide risk.

We all base our opinions on our experiences in this life.  Prior to this experience, I would have never believed that ringing in the ears could cause someone to want to take their own life.  I believe it now!  With all due respect, I do not believe that what you said is on the money.

People can be consumed by a hang nail.

Everything is relative hence it is possible for someone to believe great suffering is accrued through the sensation of ringing in the ear but when placed against serious suffering the claim seems wild and irresponsible.

all the best

Everything is relative hence it is possible for someone to believe great suffering is accrued through the sensation of ringing in the ear but when placed against serious suffering the claim seems wild and irresponsible.

all the best

If this is the way you feel, why are you even participating in this thread?  Trying to explain to you what I went through with tinnitus is like trying to explain benzo withdrawal to someone who stopped benzos without any symptoms.

I wish you the best in your healing journey.

all the best

you're asking someone to negate and discount their own suffering. it's all relative and no other body can feel what another person feels. there are too many people on this forum that talk about tinnitus being a terrible symptom and i'm sure it also has to do with the excess glutamate and anything that has to do with excess glutamate makes a body feel like it's suffering.

i don't have the tinnitus symptom so i can't really relate to how bad it is but they way it's spoken about on here, i know it has to be a pretty horrible experience that makes one feel as though they don't have any control -- that in and of itself should be enough!

all the best

Noise, which is exactly what tinnitus is, has long been known to be an effective means of torture.  Tinnitus can be just as debilitating as any other withdrawal symptom.  In fact some of our member's report tinnitus so debilitating that the sound and pressure they feel is similar to a 130db jack hammer clanging on metal in their head, incessantly day and night.  If I could not contribute in a positive supportive manner on this thread, I'd find another place on the board post where I could contribute supportively.

Juliea

Trying to explain to you what I went through with tinnitus is like trying to explain benzo withdrawal to someone who stopped benzos without any symptoms.

No, not at all.

I likely had much worse tinnitus than most/you.

LIke I said, it's all relative.

Trying to explain  what I went through to you  is like trying to explain benzo withdrawal to someone who stopped benzos without any symptoms. You know what I mean?

all the best

Noise, which is exactly what tinnitus is, has long been known to be an effective means of torture.  Tinnitus can be just as debilitating as any other withdrawal symptom.  In fact some of our member's report tinnitus so debilitating that the sound and pressure they feel is similar to a 130db jack hammer clanging on metal in their head, incessantly day and night.  If I could not contribute in a positive supportive manner on this thread, I'd find another place on the board post where I could contribute supportively.

Juliea

juliea

benzo withdrawal is damned serious business. It is damned important to put things into perspective.

I'll stay out of here but what I said is spot on and people need top consider it.

Trying to explain to you what I went through with tinnitus is like trying to explain benzo withdrawal to someone who stopped benzos without any symptoms.

No, not at all.

Trying to explain  what I went through to you  is like trying to explain benzo withdrawal to someone who stopped benzos without any symptoms. You know what I mean?

Mentor. Let me guess  :idiot: And you probably know much more about the pain of child birth as well. :laugh:

No, not at all.

Mentor. Let me guess  :idiot: And you probably know much more about the pain of child birth as well. :laugh:

Right on snoball!  Exactly!  :thumbsup: 

all the best

Juliea

that's right! the noise and frequency can send anyone reeling. much like hyperacusis being a debilitating symptom for which i got some slack about from someone thinking that it's not.

I understand what you are saying pretty.  For awhile I had echoing and everything sounded extra loud.  And all of our experiences and reactions are different.  No one should try to judge another person's experience.

PD  :smitten:

“My abdominal pain is 10-out-of-10 (said while the patient was eating Cheetos).”

"Food" for thought.  ;)

“My abdominal pain is 10-out-of-10 (said while the patient was eating Cheetos).”

"Food" for thought.  ;)

Hmmm...I always found Cheetos to be calming to the stomach. :idiot: Good luck with that buddy. 8)

I agree with PD.  William Shater who is worth $400,000,000.00 and has a great celeb life was seriously considering "capping" his own ass with only minor tinnitus.  I have met Bill several times working on theme restaurants at the Hilton (turning an Iphone into a high tech talking order pad for bar tenders) and it's no surprise to me that Bill got Tinnitus just after the Doc told him he'd have to stop drinking or risk a stroke! Bill "LIKED" his drink, oh yeah! TOO MUCH! :crazy::idiot::crazy::idiot::crazy:  And just like that about 4 months later Bills tinnitus went off the charts, chalk one up for world's #1 GABA receptor killer,,,  "BOOZE"

Also I know 17 people here who ALL thought about committing suicide over this issue.  This is no ordinary sound! No little tiny mosquito buzzy-sound in the ears here, this is more like a fully laden B2 bomber loaded with nukes and jets on full AFTER BURNER mode on take off!!  That kind of stress response is what I'm feeling.  Too many Docs have told me "FOR TINNITUS TAKE the right Antidepressant"  Not for me, I'd rather take Opioid's,,,,,  and I am  :laugh:  It's been only 34 days but I feel they are healing me, ah, or they just make me feel good  :idiot::laugh:  Either way I'm benzo free and kind of freaking out hehe.  I still catch myself dancing little jigs over it from time to time :D:thumbsup:;D

"Food" for thought.  ;)

Hmmm...I always found Cheetos to be calming to the stomach. :idiot: Good luck with that buddy. 8)

Do not worry snowy, it will all come out in the end,,,,  :o creamy too,,,,, orange and creamy,,,  yeah ::):o