what mechanism is responsible for me not being able to hydrate?

[On...]

It could be due to low aldosterone levels. Aldosterone helps you retain sodium in the body and sodium retains water.

Benzo WD stresses the adrenals where aldosterone is produced, so they don't produce enough of it. Many benzo sufferers get frequent urination for this reason.

If that's indeed your problem your blood pressure also should be low especially the second number. Then the answer is to supplement with sea salt.

If you BP is high then be careful - it could be some other mechanism specific to your situation.

Hope this helps.

Are you thirsty all the time even when drinking enough water?

Water does not satisfy my thirst and my fingertips are often slightly wrinkled. I do not have dry mouth in fact I have too much saliva.

An integrative MD suggested himalayan salt--it has balanced minerals.

You might try a spoonful of unsulphured molasses too. It's high in potassium.

Sodium helps with water retention and with relaxation too. I always have to increase sodium consumption at higher altitudes, in dryer climates, and in colder weather. Otherwise even huge volumes of water go right through me without hydrating me.

I became a serious believer when my Physical Therapist had me drink a cup of very salty water before sessions. He says dehydrated muscles are tight and not responsive to therapy. The sodium hydrates AND relaxes.

yup, sodium keeps water in our body and potassium takes it out.

Sodium helps with water retention and with relaxation too. I always have to increase sodium consumption at higher altitudes, in dryer climates, and in colder weather. Otherwise even huge volumes of water go right through me without hydrating me.

I became a serious believer when my Physical Therapist had me drink a cup of very salty water before sessions. He says dehydrated muscles are tight and not responsive to therapy. The sodium hydrates AND relaxes.

yup, sodium keeps water in our body and potassium takes it out.

would that mean that eating celery would be good to help the sodium levels in the body?

Celery only has 81mg per cup, so it is not a big source of sodium.

what is a good source?

Morton's canning and pickling salt.

It has the least contamination and they add the lost electron back on to it.

Most sea salts are lacking an electron and the body can't use it until it has one.

This is research done by Dr Hal Huggins.

Celery only has 81mg per cup, so it is not a big source of sodium.

what is a good source?

Morton's canning and pickling salt.

It has the least contamination and they add the lost electron back on to it.

Most sea salts are lacking an electron and the body can't use it until it has one.

This is research done by Dr Hal Huggins.

i like Hal Huggin's i read is book about MS. so it's called "Morton's canning and pickling salt" it's a salt? i just read on Chris Kresser's site that the Figi water is the only one that has a good amount of silica in it so it's good for skin and bones. going to get some. i also drink distilled water and the Real Water.

i like Hal Huggin's i read is book about MS. so it's called "Morton's canning and pickling salt" it's a salt? i just read on Chris Kresser's site that the Figi water is the only one that has a good amount of silica in it so it's good for skin and bones. going to get some. i also drink distilled water and the Real Water.

He explains the pickling salt here

http://oneradionetwork.com/dental-healing/dr-hal-huggins-simple-ideas-for-better-dental-health-november-27-2009/

If u use the sites search box and type in Huggins, it will bring up all his interviews.

He discusses the perfect blood work too.

Hi One,

I am saddened that you are not feeling better..But try not to loose faith, in time you will.

I have found that "Primal Defence" by Garden of Life, works wonders for Irritable bowel, also for constipation, or for any tummy ailment.

I hope you feel better soon ..

Thinking of you  :hug:

Anu

Hi One,

I am saddened that you are not feeling better..But try not to loose faith, in time you will.

I have found that "Primal Defence" by Garden of Life, works wonders for Irritable bowel, also for constipation, or for any tummy ailment.

I hope you feel better soon ..

Thinking of you  :hug:

Anu

Hi sweet Anu, thanks for caring, I'm sorry you're having a hard time too

I will look into "Primal Defense" - hopefully it will help. I am going to make an appt for tomorrow and get my kidneys checked. I hope things go well. I'm very tired of all this, I just want it to be over and to be healed.

I remember you said once Iwas sweet and kind for coming to your aid even though I was suffering, well now I can say the same to you :)

Sorry I haven't been the same

I wish you luck and success on figuring out your taper and getting off once and for all and healing :)

Take care Anu,

One