Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Perhihifal Neuropathy?

[Up...]

I think I have Perififal Neuropathy. I think that I am permanently damamged from the Klonopin use. I feel like my skin is on fire and I'm burning up with a fever of 104.

Am I damaged for life?

A fever of 104 is a serious issue, have you seen a doctor or are you still in the hospital?  Fevers like this usually are due to an infection of some type. 

pianogirl

Peripheral neuropathy is pretty much associated with diabetes, especially Type 2 diabetes. Have you had your blood glucose levels tested while you are in the hospital?

Peripheral neuropathy also tends to come on slowly over a period of a year or so. If you've had your symptoms develop fairly quickly, I'd talk to the doctor about it. I wouldn't think it was peripheral neuropathy unless you're diabetic...

This is just my experience with peripheral neuropathy, which came on very slowly about 9-10 years ago. It started in the little toe on my right foot and slowly moved across that foot. Then began in the little toe of my left foot and spread slowly over that foot. It took about 18 months for both feet to be affected. I was afraid it was going to spread up my legs, but it stopped at my ankles and hasn't moved now in about 8 years.

Really, talk to your doctor about this...

It would be helpful if you described your peripheral neuropathy symptoms. What part of the body is affected? Your feet? I assume so. When did it start? Is it getting worse? Do you have pain? Numbness? Tingling?

Like Tex, I have peripheral neuropathy. However mine is only in one foot (left) and was caused by damage to a nerve that was never fully freed up by back surgery. The nerve did not ever fully regenerate. I have pain, numbness, tingling etc in my left foot. All are helped by Neurontin. This pain/numbness came on over a period of about 6 months after an accident in which I injured my back. As I said, back surgery (to fuse L4 and L5) did not fix it, although it certainly helped.

So it would be helpful for you to describe your symptoms.

As for your fever, if it is indeed 104 then you need to see your dr, go to an urgent care facility, or to your ER to find out what's causing it. This sounds serious.

I am not a doctor and cannot give medical advice, but might be able to offer insight/suggestions about dealing with the neuropathy . . . in short, tell you what has worked for me.

Hope you feel better.

Okatz

It just FEELS like I have a burning up fever, but with no temp. I always clock out at 98.6. So it's from inside me thats burning.

This was all caused over a month ago but taking some Nyquil after a cold had started. I have heard that alchohol can cause severe waves.

I also feel burning skin sensations with pain. I've been put into the hosptial for my safety as I was not feeling safe after this happened. They are going to do ECT treaments on me as I've become unsafe (self-harm).

I don't think it's Shingles as I don't have a rash.

Anxiety/Terror/Panic at all time highs, so I can't sleep. All blood tests, urine screens were normal.

They say I'm manifesting "psychosomatic" s/x!

Is this just a huge wave at one year out? In terrible distress. Pleaase help!!!

It just FEELS like I have a burning up fever, but with no temp. I always clock out at 98.6. So it's from inside me thats burning.

This was all caused over a month ago but taking some Nyquil after a cold had started. I have heard that alchohol can cause severe waves.

I also feel burning skin sensations with pain. I've been put into the hosptial for my safety as I was not feeling safe after this happened. They are going to do ECT treaments on me as I've become unsafe (self-harm).

I don't think it's Shingles as I don't have a rash.

Anxiety/Terror/Panic at all time highs, so I can't sleep. All blood tests, urine screens were normal.

They say I'm manifesting "psychosomatic" s/x!

Is this just a huge wave at one year out? In terrible distress. Pleaase help!!!

I used to feel heat at my inner core... always hot... and would perspire like crazy all the time.

Legs vibrate, inside, it's like they have motors running inside them... feet can feel hot.

Burning? Had a little feeling of that on my forearms... it's always passed and only lasted seconds...

These symptoms are why I taper so very slowly.

If I hold long enough my legs stop vibrating as much... but yep, all this stuff sucks.

Feel better soon.