Low energy, limbs feel weighted down

[Is...]

Hi all,

Second day into a cut and my arms and legs feel weighted down..like lead! I know it must be a w/d symptom, but I still don't understand the concept. Benzos are a depressant, yet I seem to have far more energy on my maintenance dose! I'm not going to updose or anything, I plan to keep venturing onward with my taper, but I just wish I knew the science behind this symptom. Does anyone know? Thanks, and wishing healing to all.  :)

Isee

I don't know the science behind it, but I do know the feeling!  I had this feeling during my taper as well.  I remember walking my daughter to school and having to talk myself through each step b/c my legs felt like weights that I could barely lift.  It's our central nervous system that is affected so greatly during withdrawal and I know it can bring on an array of unusual symptoms. 

Hang in there, and all my best!

Schatje

i still have the heavy weights feeling in all my limbs and i am 18 months out. and one year out from my last rescue benzo.

i can't believe this. it really needs to go away by now. i still feel lassoed when i walk and i could lose all balance any second. it's crazy!

at least you are tapering so this is probably just a w/d symptom for now. i did a bad cold turkey an i've had this feeling for months on end. it's a little better but still very weighted. like lead. :'(