Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Being off klonopin,seroquel

[an...]

:sick:Hi,got off most of my seroquel,i was on 300mgs for months,i was on seroquel standard for a year,i got off most of it,i am no only on 75 mgs as needed,however i only take 25 at night,my other doc at the hospital where i recently was, wanted me off all of it,i have such horrible insomnia and also from being off klonopin,i am going through a protracted withdrawl not to mention my docs were trying to find me another med,nothing seemed to help as i was so agitated and the meds made me worse,so they kept me on seroquel regularly for about a year,now when i go to bed,i am wide awake,i will fall asleep then wake up 2 hours later,i can't function becouse i hardly sleep,all i do is toss and turn.  I am on tegretol,remeron,lunesta which has worn off a bit,i tried trazodone,but it makes me feel crappy,i took ambien in the past,that made me feel like crap,does anybody have any answers? P{lease help,my klonopin withdrawls are worsening again!  :sick: :sick: :'(

As I mentioned in a previous post, it is possible that the Lunesta could be causing some of your symptoms.

Really?you think it's the lunesta,could that be keeping me awake to,i been taken it for a year now. :o

khowell, did you know that Lunesta is a sedative that is addictive and like alcohol works on the same receptors as benzos.  This is what I read just by doing a small amount of research, I'm sure you could find more research, too. 

I think theresa may be on to something, since you only take Lunesta once a day (3 mg.), it is almost like taking a dose of a benzo just once a day and may be serving to bounce your levels up and down.  Do you see what I mean? 

I am not an expert by any means, so as always do your own research and decide for yourself (including weighing your doctors' opinions, too). I'm just following you around on your various threads, trying to reassure you and help you see a bigger picture.  You seem in so much distress! 

:sick:Hi thanks for your feedback,i did read that sleep aids are not good in benzo withdrawl,but the problem is,is that i cannot sleep hardly at all,i hope it's not the lunesta messing with my withdrawl though,as far as docters feedback about this,none of them have a clue! I think i am dependent on it,but it relaxes me at night,i don't know what to do,i feel stuck now.I guess i will try not to take it,but if i go without sleep,i will do worse,i didn't take it last night and i woke up feeling real horrible,boy was it a nightmare! :sick: I think the big problem here is that if i don't get sleep,my symtoms get alot worse. :sick:

:sick:Hi thanks for your feedback,i did read that sleep aids are not good in benzo withdrawl,but the problem is,is that i cannot sleep hardly at all,i hope it's not the lunesta messing with my withdrawl though,as far as docters feedback about this,none of them have a clue! I think i am dependent on it,but it relaxes me at night,i don't know what to do,i feel stuck now.I guess i will try not to take it,but if i go without sleep,i will do worse,i didn't take it last night and i woke up feeling real horrible,boy was it a nightmare! :sick: I think the big problem here is that if i don't get sleep,my symtoms get alot worse. :sick:

It would be best to try and taper off of the Lunesta. The 3mg of Lunesta is equal to 10mg of Valium according to Dr. Ashton.

Absolutely teresa!  As with almost anything, you need to taper off slowly and carefully.  Our bodies crave consistency.  I'm not a mother, but when babes come of the age to take baby food, isn't it wise to introduce one new food at a time?  This seems a smart way to approach what we introduce and take away from our bodies all the time.  khowell, please take slow, deliberate, measured changes.  Especially now, when your system is so unstable.  Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

:sick:...  I am on tegretol,remeron,lunesta which has worn off a bit,i tried trazodone,but it makes me feel crappy,i took ambien in the past,that made me feel like crap,does anybody have any answers? P{lease help,my klonopin withdrawls are worsening again!   :sick: :sick: :'(

I'd been on klonopin for years and am having really bad protracted withdrawal since early last June.  I was tapering then and have completely stopped it 3.5 months ago.  I believe I was seriously experiencing interdose withdrawal and tolerance for years.  The symptoms were misdiagnosed as psych problems.  Months before I started tapering, I had been given Lunesta to try for sleep.  I took it for about one to two weeks and quit because I didn't like the bitter taste in my mouth all day.  I was clueless, and so were my doctors, that any of my other symptoms which appeared about 5 days later were from stopping the Lunesta.  I had also stopped the Cymbalta, but I had taken that before.  When I stopped them I went into a horrible delusional psychosis and was convinced the government was after me for terrible crimes.  I was having auditory hallucinations, paranoia, insomnia, muscle pain, stomach problems, dizziness, extreme light, sound and temperature sensitivity, everything that could go wrong, did.  Now I attribute the Lunesta to sending me over the edge into full blown psychosis.  I have never experienced hallucinations of any kind previously, never been clinically paranoid.    I haven't done enough research on Lunesta, but I think it would be very very bad to be taking it when trying to get off of klonopin.    I think I'd stay on the klonopin, get off the lunesta for a while, then taper the klonopin. How did trazedone make you sick?  I sleep walk/function with ambien - I rearranged the furniture in the middle of the night putting stuff in the basement.  I woke up became furious thinking someone stole my stuff, when I had put it in the basement myself in the middle of the night!  Problem was that I drove like that too.  Had no idea how I had arrived at places when I had driven myself there.  Dangerous drug!