Can someone explain how your wrinkles look on your face from withdraw

[Sc...]

Hi Pretty,

That's excellent!

I have a strong feeling you've hit a turning point now. You've had a window, you now have way more hope from that, you have proven to yourself that there is better, and it's starting to appear for you.

I imagine the hair thing is helping to confirm that too.

I'll ask my friend about my face compaired to what he described well over a month back and see if he thinks it's better, worse, or still same!

Hoping it's better of course, You and I are soul mates when it comes to these things!!!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [pr...]

• [er...]

• [sp...]

My hair stop grow . on legs , arm pits etc , just stopped  maybe  2 months ago . I dont; have to shave , is  good , but  when I was on Clon 12 years  my hair  , was grow  ON HEAD  ;D    like crazy .away toooo fast .

Now  still like  mop in 21 months off . dont; even move .

I had wig , so i dont; care anymore .    Erika

[28...]

Toward,

my hair has totally changed for the better. i just noticed it yesterday. i didn't think it would ever change and it turned into this old lady hair style over night. i 'think' my face is changing for the better but that one i will have to keep you posted. i am a perfectionist.

pretty

I am a perfectionist too Pretty that is why I freak out so much about how ravaged I am.  The physical stuff is due to hormone fluctuation I have noticed the pattern.  I am trying tor eat foods to balance this and I guess it will help the healing along.  I am 46 and still have a regular cycle.  I am really worried I will hit menopause during withdrawal that could really mess things up  :wacko: 

Its lost collagen through elevated stress levels (cortisol excess, lack of sleep,adrenaline overload etc)..atypical in those suffering from adrenal fatigue, which i really believe is caused by benzo wd, some of us had AF beforehand though which led us to benzos and now the wd has made it so much worse.

You could try supplenting with collagen powders and making bone broth soup daily for the nutrients, Dr Lam uses this as part of his af recovery programme and i know some post af sufferers had good success with it..one guy stated after six months he no longer looked like a concentration camp victim

wow, I'm having a really had day today. I lost so much hair in the shower. I jumped in the car with wet hair and ran right over to supercuts. I basically just keep cutting it shorter and shorter. Not that's it's helping but I don't know what else to do. I used to have THICK, long hair. So thick that is pissed me off. I wish I could have that again :( It's an overcast day. My reflection in the car window is FRIGHTENING. My face looks like a skull with sagging skin draped over it. I want to cry. I used to have a pretty face and now I look like a freakin' monster. I'm at 8 months. My physical appearance gets worse ever day. I have these old profile pictures up on my social networking sites. I'm sure friends I haven't see in a while think I still look like that. I hope I NEVER see anyone I knew again. I'm so ashamed!!!

Toward,

that is great that you still have your cycle. i am struggling with mine right now the hormones have totally fluctuated. but i am tapering off some bio identical estradiol that i never should have been on in the first place and i think that is why.

and yes, adrenal fatigue, cortisol, hormone HPA axix is all off and needs to be balanced and i also really think the thyroid needs to be cared for and nurtured as i think that really has an effect on all hormones. so eating all those types of foods that do not suppress the thyroid and helps nurture it and all other hormones.

so having a carrot daily helps to pull out junk and crap and old hormones that get recycled and shouldn't. if you okay with a natural sugar, having some sugar free orange juice helps the thyroid a lot. eating organic free range eggs and organic liver helps progesterone levels. and lots and lots of bone broth soups like -Dubjam- talked about. that is also part of The GAPS diet which i am learning about and will be starting soon. the bone broth gelatinous soups have every nutrient that supports every part of our body and also heals the gut lining. and good nutritious veggie drinks and cultured foods. i haven't given up hope yet and i look pretty scary to myself still although a little better.

Hope, i know how you feel, i do! i had become totally suicidal about my looks. i just had to say that it's just a part of this benzo withdrawal and it will change. it is slowly starting to finally change after 12 months. but i have a long way to go.

eating the right foods to put nutrients, vitamins, & minerals is so important to do during this time and understandably kinda difficult to do everything "correctly" when you're feeling so badly. but it's going to take time and it will change for sure!

the car reflection is the absolute worst! it doesn't show the true self anyway. and even some mirror's. i seriously try to avoid looking into the mirror and i want to get into the "zone" where i am hypnotized to talk to my mind and trick it over and over saying things like "i look so beautiful, and this has changed and this has finally reversed and so on. and just keep doing that until the brain is fucking tricked!

sorry, you know what i mean?

take care, pretty

[28...]

Toward,

that is great that you still have your cycle. i am struggling with mine right now the hormones have totally fluctuated. but i am tapering off some bio identical estradiol that i never should have been on in the first place and i think that is why.

and yes, adrenal fatigue, cortisol, hormone HPA axix is all off and needs to be balanced and i also really think the thyroid needs to be cared for and nurtured as i think that really has an effect on all hormones. so eating all those types of foods that do not suppress the thyroid and helps nurture it and all other hormones.

so having a carrot daily helps to pull out junk and crap and old hormones that get recycled and shouldn't. if you okay with a natural sugar, having some sugar free orange juice helps the thyroid a lot. eating organic free range eggs and organic liver helps progesterone levels. and lots and lots of bone broth soups like -Dubjam- talked about. that is also part of The GAPS diet which i am learning about and will be starting soon. the bone broth gelatinous soups have every nutrient that supports every part of our body and also heals the gut lining. and good nutritious veggie drinks and cultured foods. i haven't given up hope yet and i look pretty scary to myself still although a little better.

Hope, i know how you feel, i do! i had become totally suicidal about my looks. i just had to say that it's just a part of this benzo withdrawal and it will change. it is slowly starting to finally change after 12 months. but i have a long way to go.

eating the right foods to put nutrients, vitamins, & minerals is so important to do during this time and understandably kinda difficult to do everything "correctly" when you're feeling so badly. but it's going to take time and it will change for sure!

the car reflection is the absolute worst! it doesn't show the true self anyway. and even some mirror's. i seriously try to avoid looking into the mirror and i want to get into the "zone" where i am hypnotized to talk to my mind and trick it over and over saying things like "i look so beautiful, and this has changed and this has finally reversed and so on. and just keep doing that until the brain is fucking tricked!

sorry, you know what i mean?

take care, pretty

Hi Pretty and thank you for your kind words and wisdom. 

I you have said every thing I think.... Its funny you know a Dr I had while I was in tolerance withdrawal about 3 years ago gave me botox,  bio identical hormones, retinae and if I can remember right more Zanax to counter act what he thought was menopause!!!! He sent me for a pelvic ultra sound, I was ovulating at that the time the hormones made me even more sick than I already was.  Needless to say I would never have accepted any of the above had I not been in an altered state of mind from the Zanax.

I do eat rather well and try so hard to support my frail body the best I can. Lately,I have been craving salt and vinegar chips of the natural variety .  The last time I had such strong cravings I was pregnant!!!!! There is no chance of that!!!!

I hope my skin, hair and muscles return and withdrawal has finished before I do hit menopause.  My mother was the same age I am now when the change began for her.  She said didnt suffer as most women do.  I hope I am that lucky.

I went to a hair dresser about a month ago, she was not my normal hairdresser and I had not used their products before.  I explained what was happening to me, being I have " indefinite imbalance" which is causing the texture and colour of my hair to be so horrible. I left out the benzo part, I have learnt my lesson trying to explain that one.    She did not listen to me and insisted she could fix it, bless her I believed her in my moment of desperation.  I guess the worse part was I removed my hat and the band that tied my hair, she took a look and said I had "dogs ears for hair" and she would cut them off!!!! Oh yes she did!!!! I am very sensitive that cut me to the bone.  I will not allow anyone to hack at my hair again it is so short now as it is.  Just a very light trim as it is very wispy and thin and no colour it just washes out and fades to brass.  I am going to my beautiful Aveda hairdresser tomorrow for a treatment, it is very relaxing. 

Again thank you for advice, we really do have to trick our brains!!!! 

Bless you Pretty, I hope you are still feeling better and continue to.

Peace love and healing,

Towards

oh Hope!  I understand as it is the same for me:  I called myself Golem after seeing the movie!  I thought it was from nearly dying last fall when the hospital and my doctor C/Ted me off codeine.  The farther I got on the taper off Benzos the worse it got.  2 months off and there are tiny signs of improvement maybe...in our sixties it is harder to recover. being cut off hormones doesn't help. I watched the youtube video Benzo withdrawal hell 3 years late,r and other ones, carefully looking at these people when they were 2,5, 12  and 36 months out - it is incredible to see the haggard, drawn people with sagging skin and little hair blossom into healthy looking people!  I need to see that so often, especially on days like today...Why do windows make it harder to take the nasty waves in Acute wd?

Hi Pretty

Thank you for the moral support. This August is my 12 month milestone. I know everyone's experience is a little different (not very different though). It's amazing that we all share so many of the same struggles. A reminder that we are all cut from the same cloth so to speak.

Anyway, I'm praying hard that I will see some improvement this summer. I want the old me back again.

I started eating really clean in November of 2012. Lots of fruits and vegetables. Some chicken and fish. No dairy or wheat. No refined sugar, alcohol, or caffeine. It's seems to help me. I tried no meat for awhile but I was craving it, so I decided maybe my body needs the protein. If I start craving cupcakes, I'll know my body needs a fat ass and love handles ;) ha ha

The car window is a seriously sucky reflection but it's telling in a way. I use to look "not scary" in the car window. Now it looks like there's a crack head in the backseat waiting to jump me. Jeez!

:sick: Hope

Hi Lost

That Golem thing hits home!! I call myself that all the time AND I watch those videos too.  :thumbsup:

I guess it's hard to see the forest through the trees. When we're down in it, it's hard to see this for what it is. A temporary reaction to the removal of a brain altering substance. I hate living like this, but I have to believe my life will get better.

I posted an uplifting video by OK Go earlier. The song is called - This too shall pass.

Here it is again...

Take it easy,

Hope

When I look at myself in the mirror, I think I look sick.  Don't feel sick, but I think I look like someone who's been through chemo treatments.  I just don't look right to myself.  I've lost 40 pounds since October.  I needed to lose some weight, but not 40 pounds.

Hi Disney

Meeeee too! I look quite ill.

A lot of people lose a bunch of weight. This is very common.

Try not to let it get you down. This HAS to be temporary.

If our brains heal, our bodies should too.

8)

Friend took my picture yestarday when I  dont; see him took  them . Today  i see these picture in camera and was in horror .  20 years older over  3 months  period ..

Hope                        ;) Only my believe is we all  have  the  same  bad look  over short period of time , must be w/d . At 21 months out my benzo belly still siting on me , so I  even I am much , much better  still going tru w/d .  my hair stop grow too , 

I love from Daisy    olive oil and brow sugar , mixed and put on face . I doing this dily and feel great after .

I think I'll try the olive oil and brown sugar. I'll let you know if I see any improvement.

I really love natural remedies.

I should have tried a natural remedy for insomnia instead of the klonopin! :sick:

I think I'll try the olive oil and brown sugar. I'll let you know if I see any improvement.

I really love natural remedies.

I should have tried a natural remedy for insomnia instead of the klonopin! :sick:

Physical exercise outside , hike , bike , swim , tennis , fresh air , walk  is the best for insomnia . Be  exausted by exercise oudoor . This is my new drug  for sleep .

I just have now oil and sugar , problem is i licking my fingers and eating half of my face  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This may be weird but....

I know that there have been several celebrities who were mentioned in the news over the years for taking benzos. Remember when Winona wigged out and was stealing from Sax Fifth avenue? It was found that she had benzos in her purse and I remember reading that Courtney Love got her first benzo from Winona. Also, remember when Lara Flynn Boyle was wacked out and acting crazy on a flight? Heard she was on benzos for anxiety. I also saw some terrible pics of Lara where her face was f'd up and others where she had a bald spot on the top of her head.

Aaaaany way, I always look at how they are aging, and if their appearance looks like it was ireparably changed.

I mean, if we were taking these poison pills for insomnia or anxiety, I have to believe people that are in the public eye have taken them too. Have they lost their looks, or did they look like crap for a few years and went back to looking great?

I don't know. Food for thought.

Hope

is like  clean face with this , but I doing like massages and sugar get in skin  , then lightly wash with warm towel  and face is not dry , nice pink chicks .  i loved .

Hope

is like  clean face with this , but I doing like massages and sugar get in skin  , then lightly wash with warm towel  and face is not dry , nice pink chicks .  i loved .

I'm gonna buy some brown sugar tonight. I already have the olive oil.  :thumbsup:

Hope

I'm gonna buy some brown sugar tonight. I already have the olive oil.  :thumbsup:

I just finish and my face is like babt buth and neck too . is perfect . You rub in to face is  very great feeling and look after . I loved since  read Daisy  post  , how fix our face after benzo  . 10 minures massage face is great

Hope try  this  , feel  sooooooooogood  , nice moisturized  , the best .With Hollywood  you right , everybody who acting crazy ,  always we found that they on benzo . And looks too . Benzo is sodiim , face is puf , puf , no wrinkles  , but when benzpo is out from body , face collapce  and we look like our  granmas .  : :D

[28...]

Hope

Hello Erika and Hope,

I have been following the thread and am interested in olive and brown sugar remedy. 

Erika could you please let me know the steps for this ..... I am looking worse with every passing day and I am almost 6 months off!!!!

Thank you

Peace love and healing

towardsthesun

Hope

Hello Erika and Hope,

I have been following the thread and am interested in olive and brown sugar remedy. 

Erika could you please let me know the steps for this ..... I am looking worse with every passing day and I am almost 6 months off!!!!

Thank you

Peace love and healing

towardsthesun

Hi Toward

Pretty daisy once post home remedy how to look little better due this hell.

And brown sugar and olive oil , mixed and massage on your face . is like face rub. I have 10 , 15 minutes on face , massaging  and then no soap , just warm water and towel  to clean . After feel so nice . Try  I loved  , and neck too , decold .

[28...]

Hope

Hello Erika and Hope,

Thank you

Peace love and healing

towardsthesun

Hi Toward

Pretty daisy once post home remedy how to look little better due this hell.

And brown sugar and olive oil , mixed and massage on your face . is like face rub. I have 10 , 15 minutes on face , massaging  and then no soap , just warm water and towel  to clean . After feel so nice . Try  I loved  , and neck too , decold .

Thank you Erika, I will try that  :)

I see you have been free for a while now. How do you feel and look compared to early days?