Dysautonomia??

[Co...]

[fd...]
I have the gi issues too :/ appetite is all screwed up and stomach burns like acid was poured in it.  Idk why this happens?

with this whole pots thing ive developed a new symptom and that symptom is i am un able to sweat no matter what i do. i was in 80 degree weather for hours today and my body had no way to cool itself. its really scaring me because its warming up and i cant go outside without getting dizzy/near fainting.

anyone with pots/dysautonomia unable to sweat??

I don't have this sx but I know quite a few people with dysautonomia complain about it - if I am not mistaken it is a sign of small fiber neuropathy and there are tests that can dx this - one is called QSART - Quantitative Sudomotor Axon Reflex Test

see link below for more details

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/neuromuscular_center/diagnostics/quantitative-sudomotor-axon-reflex-test.aspx

If you don't mind my asking Christian, have you been dx with POTS/dysautonomia prior or post benzos? (I apologize if you've answered this before)

Also have you considered joining the community at www.dinet.org? They have lots of info on POTS that most people here can't help you with.

Best,

Amy

i started having dysautonomia about a year and a half ago during an intense workout and the symptoms slowly progressed to pots.

i started benzos about two months after i started having these symptoms they were mistaken for panic and anxiety (witch i do have also)

but the symptoms mimicked alot of anxiety. so benzos about a year, and pots/dysautonomia about a year and a half.

i dont mind answering any questions, its not a bother

thanks for being so open Christian.

Did the klonopin help you with your POTS symptoms? I feel that now that I'm off benzos, my orthostatic symptoms are significantly improving, but in my case POTS/dysautonomia came after ativan and i'm afraid that the klonopin I was on only made things worse. I guess time will tell.

You might want to look into the QSART and the neuropathy - more and more drs seem to be on board with this as being one of the causes of POTS

How's  your tapering going?

Amy