Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

No significant side effects foe a few days except for tinnitus. I hope it someday goes back to where it was before Xanax.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi friends,

Still feeling sick with the final stretch of cutting. Anxiety, arrhythmias, extreme sensitivity to sound and touch. I am weary! Had acupuncture and chiropractor today...both help a bit with the physical pain. I walked in a beautiful rainstorm with my sweet dog and husband this morning. Made some pollo con arroz...now resting by the fire. I focus on healing...visualizing myself well. It'll come when it is time...

Sandy, sorry about dizziness and stomach symptoms. Hope they settle soon.

Love and patience to all,

Carita

Hello,

I'm so sorry to hear about all of the suffering.  Rest assured, I'm in the same boat.  Not sure how this happened now and it's all a blur.  Xanax was the wonder drug when I first took it.  Panic attacks and anxiety just vanished!  But now I'm experiencing the dark side in trying to quit. 

I jumped four days ago.  Four days off!  Unbelievable for me.  I'm a little encouraged and discouraged.  I have tremendous windows sometimes that last for one day to my longest just this past weekend of three days.  But then last night, BAM! back to a destructive panicky wave.  I'm a bit discouraged that things can turn this quickly to being bad from being  so great it seems. :(

I'm also discouraged knowing that I have read some posts of people being on Xanax for only 1.5 years or less and after being off for quite some time they are still experiencing symptoms.  I was on Xanax for almost five years, so it makes me think I'll have a much tougher time with these waves lasting much longer.  It's Monday morning here and I'm still in a wave, but it's gotten a bit better since last night when it peaked.  No sleep last night.

I'm still getting all of the symptoms in my waves that are currently being reported in the boards, including:  stomach discomfort, anxiety, panic, heart rate increase, breathing difficulties, sensitivities to light/sound, DR/DP, fatigue/weakness, insomnia.  At least my blood pressure seems to be normal now since being just a bit elevated at the beginning of my taper.  I also had my doctor do a physical/lab/bloodwork a month before I started tapering and all checked out a-ok.

I know I was prescribed Xanax for a reason (anxiety/stress), but it was mainly due to my job and helped to keep me working.  Now I'm no longer there and thought I would try to quit, and I know I wasn't this bad before taking Xanax.

Well sorry for the long post.  To all who read this, thank you. I sincerely hope we all heal soon and be as good as or better than before! :)

Hello Carita,

thanks for your wishes,you're always so kind.today my acid reflux has lessened a little,but i'm still suffering from dizziness.

best regards to you and your husband,

saharsandy

Hello,

I'm so sorry to hear about all of the suffering.  Rest assured, I'm in the same boat.  Not sure how this happened now and it's all a blur.  Xanax was the wonder drug when I first took it.  Panic attacks and anxiety just vanished!  But now I'm experiencing the dark side in trying to quit. 

I jumped four days ago.  Four days off!  Unbelievable for me.  I'm a little encouraged and discouraged.  I have tremendous windows sometimes that last for one day to my longest just this past weekend of three days.  But then last night, BAM! back to a destructive panicky wave.  I'm a bit discouraged that things can turn this quickly to being bad from being  so great it seems. :(

I'm also discouraged knowing that I have read some posts of people being on Xanax for only 1.5 years or less and after being off for quite some time they are still experiencing symptoms.  I was on Xanax for almost five years, so it makes me think I'll have a much tougher time with these waves lasting much longer.  It's Monday morning here and I'm still in a wave, but it's gotten a bit better since last night when it peaked.  No sleep last night.

I'm still getting all of the symptoms in my waves that are currently being reported in the boards, including:  stomach discomfort, anxiety, panic, heart rate increase, breathing difficulties, sensitivities to light/sound, DR/DP, fatigue/weakness, insomnia.  At least my blood pressure seems to be normal now since being just a bit elevated at the beginning of my taper.  I also had my doctor do a physical/lab/bloodwork a month before I started tapering and all checked out a-ok.

I know I was prescribed Xanax for a reason (anxiety/stress), but it was mainly due to my job and helped to keep me working.  Now I'm no longer there and thought I would try to quit, and I know I wasn't this bad before taking Xanax.

Well sorry for the long post.  To all who read this, thank you. I sincerely hope we all heal soon and be as good as or better than before! :)

Congratulations!  You're OFF now and the healing has begun.  Rest assured that you'll get more and  longer windows.  Amazing that you've already had one. 

I was on Xanax for over 12 years and have been off a year.  Doing quite well.  Those symptoms that came up during w/d have dissipated mostly although once in awhile I get a little reminder that I'm still healing. 

You'll be fine soon!  Hang in there, the worst is over.

Challis  :highfive:

I cannot believe I have been off Xanax for 19 days now! I am still experiencing muscle pain but I have started doing yoga and that seems to be helping with the pain. I have made a Doctors appt with a different doctor to just get a complete checkup and blood work. As I have mentioned before, I do not trust my old Doctor anymore. He got me on the Xanax and never told me anything about it. He also never took any of my concerns seriously. I have found another Doctor who doesn't believe that throwing prescriptions at people is the answer to all their problems. I am hoping everything will come back normal. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hope everyone else is feeling well today  :smitten:

Hello rhafe,

Hope that your tinnitus is better this afternoon. From all te forums tat I have read, it seems that the tinnitus will go away as times goes by. For me, I don't like it either. It seem to take away my ability to mix some songs in the studio. But, I can wait until it gets better, have no chose,  :tickedoff:

Godspeed to you.    :smitten:

Rocket

Hello Carita,

Keep the faith, keep moving forward. I know that it can be hard at sometimes, but it will get better for you. Just try to stay busy with doing something all the time. The more you keep you brain moving with positive thoughts, the better you will be. And stay warm up there in the NW.  :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you.      :smitten:

Rocket

Hello rhafe,

Hope that your tinnitus is better this afternoon. From all te forums tat I have read, it seems that the tinnitus will go away as times goes by. For me, I don't like it either. It seem to take away my ability to mix some songs in the studio. But, I can wait until it gets better, have no chose,  :tickedoff:

Godspeed to you.    :smitten:

Likewise. Thanks Rocket.

Rocket

Hello Sherri,

Hope you are doing better today. I know what you mean and know what you are going threw. Hang in there, okay, it will get better. And yes, some Doctors just don't know the ratifications of giving Drugs out, or even Study about the symptoms that people get with the withdraws. It is a shame, and they kind of have no responsibilities for what they do at all.  :tickedoff:  >:D

But the best think to do is just pick up the pieces, put them back together, and have a better life in the future.  :thumbsup:  It will be better, I can see this very soon for everyone.

So keep going forward, and glad that you have found a new Doctor.

Godspeed to you,    :smitten:            :smitten:

Rocket

Good Morning BB,

I hope that everyone is doing a little better today! Please try to focus on your recovery and not to much on you symptoms. I know from personal experiences that it is hard sometimes, but if you stay busy, you keep your mind from any negative thoughts. Go forward everyone with a smile.  :thumbsup:

Godspeed to all of you,            :smitten:          :smitten:

Rocket

Thanks Rocket...needed that reminder as the symptoms are shouting! Will keep busy and look forward. Love to all,

Carita

Hello Carita,

You are doing just fine. Stay with it and always remember that you have lots of BB that do care.

:thumbsup:

:smitten:

Godspeed to you,

Rocket

Hello buddies,

hope you are well.today i feel better  :) i made another cut on my dosage and now i'm on 1/8 of Xanax0/5 mg,i take it only once in a day,very little bite.i don't know how long i'm gonna take this little piece and then cut it off completely,but i'm happy this is the last part of my juorney  :)

Best wishes,

Saharsandy

Hello Saharsandy,

You are doing just fine. Please stay with your schedule taper, you will be okay. Very happy for you, just keep strong. You and every BB can be very inspirational to one another. Keep the smiles going on every day and night. And with your positive attitude, it will not be long until you are back to normal.

;D

Godspeed to you and your family.      :smitten:        :smitten:          :smitten:

Rocket

I have really learned to hate Xanax and my nurse practitioner over the last few days.  Phenibut is helping, but it isn't helping my reflux and I don't want to get hooked on that.

It did help the bad withdrawal symptoms last night, I slept like a rock, but woke up feeling dizzy. The withdrawal I think or the Phenibut?

I worked all day feeling like this, pretty much wanted to kill the other drivers on the road-not really, but it felt that way, while I was coming home.

I am literally counting the days, until our mail order pharmacy sends me a refill.  I hope I do not have to go down to 1.5, but I will do it on Friday when I am off.

I refuse to go back up past 1.75, it has been a struggle to get here, but I am here now and I might as well stay.

I ordered some Kombucha drinks, it is supposed to help and it isn't as dangerous a supplement as the Phenibut.

Basically, I get ear ringing-it improves when I change my head position, one interesting auditory hallucination in the middle of the night this week, strange dreams, dizziness, and feel like I shaved 10 points off my IQ from just generally feeling out of it.

Before this I was studying for an additional certification, and that is so not happening right now.  I am in health care, too, so I am going to go with benzo withdrawal really messes with my vestibular system which most of these symptoms can be attributed too.

I also have hand shakiness, sweats and even had some shortness of breath this morning.

I have faith this will get better.

Good Morning  aish1263,

Just a short note for you, :).  It will get better for you as time goes by. For some of us, we been there where you are right now. It does suck that you are in this position with Xanax. We all know that it is the most evil drug on the market today. But you have to stay strong, and try to stay busy all the time. My opinion on other drugs to mask the Xanax withdraws, not for me. Some of us need to have some help with our withdraws, but I just didn't want to get addicted to another crappy pill, but that's just me right now.

But whatever it takes to get you off of Xanax, stay with your program. The end of my journey of quitting Xanax was just crazy. Had just about every sxs, and just pushed threw it. Sxs did get better for me as time went by. They are more tolerable these days. I am a fighter, and try to stay busy all day long, this helps me very much.

You will be okay soon, just think positive every min. You might have a little brain fog right now that stops you from thinking deeply about thoughts, work or studying. Just give it some time, you will be able to leave all this behind you in the future.  :thumbsup:

In all, make you own outlook where you want to be in the near future, and stay positive. You will get there.  :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you          :smitten:

Rocket

getting so down and discouraged. I've been tapering xanax since october 6th. I've read that alot of people have an easier time as they get closer to the end of the xanax. But I'm getting worse with each taper no matter how slow I go. I am loosing hope that I'll ever have a life again. I'm heartbroken that my two youngest grandchildren don't even know me. And they only live five minutes away. According to my doctor I have four more months of tapering to go because we had to slow it down due to heart problems brought on by the tapering. My worst symptom is inner vibrations or rumbling or jello arms and legs. I don't know how else to describe it. The dose of xanax I'm on doesn't give any relief, not even for a little while. Who knows..maybe it's causing the symptoms. I never did feel ok on the xanax. Maybe I'm just crazy. I do know I'm extremely depressed at this point. I can't believe any of this is even happening to me. I am now isolating myself from my family and the outside world. I used to be able to push myself but now I have no motivation at all. I take care of my 12 year old granddaughter and I'm all she has. She needs me to be a much better grandmother than I am. It's been over a week since my last cut and usually the first four days are the worst but this time each day is still getting worse.

I'm sorry, I'm so negative. I'm feeling sorry for myself. I'm such a weak person. Can I have a hug?

Stevie :'( :crazy:

Hello Stieve,

sorry you feel in that way.we all have some bad days that negative thoughts come to our mind.i think it's just a part of our recovery.and i'm sure you're a good grandmother.a few years ago i used to live with my granmom,she has alzheimer,i took care of her all the time,she never knew me.but having her just around the house made me so happy.i'm sure no one would excuse you of some withdrawals symptoms.you will be ok ,just look forward to it.we're gonna do this.we're not weak people,believe in it.we're struggeling ,we'll be much stronger in the future.i,myself tapering X very slowly and have variety of w/ds.whenever i make another cut for few weeks it's a total hell.we all know it's a nasty journey but there is a light at the end and there are so many members who get there,so we can,too  :thumbsup:

big hug to you :smitten:

Saharsandy

Hello Stieve,

sorry you feel in that way.we all have some bad days that negative thoughts come to our mind.i think it's just a part of our recovery.and i'm sure you're a good grandmother.a few years ago i used to live with my granmom,she has alzheimer,i took care of her all the time,she never knew me.but having her just around the house made me so happy.i'm sure no one would excuse you of some withdrawals symptoms.you will be ok ,just look forward to it.we're gonna do this.we're not weak people,believe in it.we're struggeling ,we'll be much stronger in the future.i,myself tapering X very slowly and have variety of w/ds.whenever i make another cut for few weeks it's a total hell.we all know it's a nasty journey but there is a light at the end and there are so many members who get there,so we can,too  :thumbsup:

big hug to you :smitten:

Saharsandy

thank you so much for your encouragement! How long does your withdrawal last when you taper? I've been concerned because I always read that most people start to feel somewhat better by the seventh day after tapering the dose. Lately I don't stabilize at all. I held my last taper for 40 days and still felt the shakes, muscle weakness, nausea, aches and pains etc. Thanks so much for sharing your strength with me. You sound like an amazing granddaughter.

Love,

Stevie :-*

Hello Steviefan

Very sorry that you are having a little problem with your withdraw symptoms. But you are just healing and better days will be with you soon. Tapering should make your quitting the little pill easier as time goes by.

Your granddaughters will get to know you better, if not right away, then in the near future when you are a little better, time is always on your side. The vibrations will go away, I had the same problem also, but they are gone. The jelly legs will come and go, but mostly go.

And Please don't even think that your crazy. It's just the crazy little pill making you feel that way.  :) you will get better, we all had or have doubts, but take it from me, it goes away.

You are a great grandparent, you are doing well. My advice is, if you can, you just need to get outside more, not health to stay inside. Push yourself more, it is hard sometimes, but you will reap the benefits. 

And you are not being negative at all. You are letting us know how you feel. And when you do this, we can try to help you and make you know that you are not the only who that needs help  :) you are not week at all. Just remember this.  :smitten:  hug.  :smitten:  Hug.  :smitten:

Godspeed to you.    :thumbsup:  N  :smitten:

Rocket

Hello Steviefan

Very sorry that you are having a little problem with your withdraw symptoms. But you are just healing and better days will be with you soon. Tapering should make your quitting the little pill easier as time goes by.

Your granddaughters will get to know you better, if not right away, then in the near future when you are a little better, time is always on your side. The vibrations will go away, I had the same problem also, but they are gone. The jelly legs will come and go, but mostly go.

And Please don't even think that your crazy. It's just the crazy little pill making you feel that way.  :) you will get better, we all had or have doubts, but take it from me, it goes away.

You are a great grandparent, you are doing well. My advice is, if you can, you just need to get outside more, not health to stay inside. Push yourself more, it is hard sometimes, but you will reap the benefits. 

And you are not being negative at all. You are letting us know how you feel. And when you do this, we can try to help you and make you know that you are not the only who that needs help  :) you are not week at all. Just remember this.  :smitten:  hug.  :smitten:  Hug.  :smitten:

Godspeed to you.    :thumbsup:  N  :smitten:

Rocket

I cried as I read your post, Rocket. It means the world to me that people like you are here for me. I know that I have got to push myself more. I'm doing everything wrong....like not going out, not eating healthy, not taking care of the house etc. I'm sorry you had to deal with the vibrations but I'm glad you did too because at least I know I'm not alone with this symptom and that it will get better over time. I don't  know how I would ever get through any of this without the help of my benzobuddies.

Love,

Stevie :smitten::-*

Hello Saharsandy,

Just a short note to let you know that everything that you say, and all the encouragement that you give to us is very appreciated. I thank you very much for making me and your other BB smile all the time, big hugs for you,  :smitten:      :smitten:

Stay with your taper, keep on track, and best of all, keep your positive attitude!  :)

Sometimes a little encouragement to others goes a long way and keeps them on the right path of their new journey.

Godspeed to you,      :smitten:        :smitten:

Rocket

Hello xanax club,

I am new to BB and I wanted to say hello...as you can see below, I have been working on tapering off my xanax...and how do I feel today??

Crappy! Today was a bad day, lots of anixety and my mind was cloudy all day. Even had a panic attack to top it all off. And I cried for a long time today. I am currently trying to hold down a job and am struggling dealing with this symptoms and trying to function at work! It sucks and is so hard.  :(

Hello Sammi,

Sorry that you are going threw those awful symptoms. We know how you are feeling. If you can, just stay strong. You will get threw this with all your new BB. You will have good days and bad days, but hopefully you will have lots of the good. There are many BB here to help you out and guide you to the end. So stay positive and keep moving forward.

You will get better!

Godspeed to you.        :smitten:          :smitten:

Rocket

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Le...]
    • [...]
    • [in...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [No...]
    • [...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Bo...]