Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Reduction Charts, Liquid Valium Mixes, and Discussion Thread

[dd...]

"If so, how in the world am I going to be able to get that accurate with a little 1ml/cc syringe?"

That's why almost everyone who uses liquid dilutes.  For example, if you dilute 9:1 (10% solution), then .01 mg=.1 ml  of liquid.  If you dilute 99:1 (1% solution) then .01 mg = 1 ml of liquid.  with 1% solution, a 1 ml  syringe can easily measure .001 (1/1000th) mg accurately.

Dilution makes very accurate measuring of very small doses easy.  I am currently making .02 mg daily reductions using 95:5 ( 5%) solution, and use a 10 ml syringe.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [li...]

• [Di...]

• [bu...]

• [he...]

Thank you, builder.

Then I will just have to dilute and deal with bubbles and stuff because a .04 reduction is going to be too hard to do with a 1ml syringe.

I didn't know that most people dilute. And I didn't know that most people dilute for that reason. Even the simplest of things escapes me right now because I can't think clearly. At. All.

How long will the solution last if I use water or juice to dilute with? And once it's diluted with water or juice does it need to be refrigerated?

koko

Thank you, builder.

Then I will just have to dilute and deal with bubbles and stuff because a .04 reduction is going to be too hard to do with a 1ml syringe.

I didn't know that most people dilute. And I didn't know that most people dilute for that reason. Even the simplest of things escapes me right now because I can't think clearly. At. All.

How long will the solution last if I use water or juice to dilute with? And once it's diluted with water or juice does it need to be refrigerated?

koko

1)  I have no problems with bubbles with my diluted solution.  I have learned that by adding the liquid V to the water, rather then vice-versa, makes it mix more readily.

2)  I usually make enough to last 10-14 days.  Theoretically, your water- diluted liquid should remain just as stable is the full-strength V, but I have noticed after about 2 weeks, it will start to get a little cloudy.  Don't know if that would really be a problem, but just to be on the safe side, I try not to keep batches any longer than 10-14 days.  Obviously, juice mixes would have a much shorter shelf life.

3)  You 5mg=5ml liquid V should NOT be refrigerated (that's some more info that you would find on the original mfgr's container).  Actually, it should be kept between 58 and 86F, ideally at 77F.  So your diluted mix should be kept under the same conditions.

4)  It should be protected from light.  I keep my mix jar under an inverted Solo cup, or you can wrap your jar with tinfoil.

Thank you for writing so simply for me. That's what I need right now. I can't remember what happened 5 mins ago and am having a very, very hard time translating English into English.  :D

I think you've cleared everything up for me and I thank you for that. I printed out everything so that I won't go blank when it comes to the actual doing of it.

Do you use a baby jar to store it in? I thought I read somewhere (memory probs again) that baby jars leak. ?

Thanks again for all of your help. I'll probably be visiting the titration section of this forum from here on out. It's probably what I should have done in the first place.

koko

Thank you for writing so simply for me. That's what I need right now. I can't remember what happened 5 mins ago and am having a very, very hard time translating English into English.  :D

I think you've cleared everything up for me and I thank you for that. I printed out everything so that I won't go blank when it comes to the actual doing of it.

Do you use a baby jar to store it in? I thought I read somewhere (memory probs again) that baby jars leak. ?

Thanks again for all of your help. I'll probably be visiting the titration section of this forum from here on out. It's probably what I should have done in the first place.

koko

Actually, I have 2 mix/storage jars.  One is a salad dressing jar that will hold approx. 300 ml, and the other is a mushrooms jar htat will  hold approx. 200 ml.  They have gasketed lids, and will seal tightly.  And both will fit under my inverted solo cup.

I also have 4 baby food jars, but you are correct, once opened, they often cannot be tightly resealed.  But I do transfer my daily dose from the mix/storage jar to one of the baby food jars to drink the dose.

Hi, I have 3 questions. I'm about to start daily tapering, and am a bit worried:

1) For milk titration, does the milk have to be homogenized? I think most plastic carton milk/ supermarket full fat milk is but just checking?

2) There are small particles that seem to stick to the side of the jar no matter how careful I try to be. Is this anyone else's experience or should I keep mixing til these are gone? Or are these just binders / fillers?

3) Lastly, if I wanted to dose twice a day evenly, do I move my doses straight away and treat it as a cut or in a step-wise fashion?

Cheers to everyone for any advice.

1.  Yes, it need to be homogenized.  It will say on the container.  Most all milk is.

2.  I didn't use milk but have read many posts...the klon will dissolve over time, the particles are fillers.  Some like to crush the pill for peace of mind.

3.  I don't understand the question clearly...do you mean move directly to two a day from once?  I did these abrupt changes with liquid V and had no  problem.  I moved from 1 to 2 to 3 to 2 with no problem.

Hope this is helpful  Good luck  :)

• 2 weeks later...
I had a compounding pharmacy make up my liquid doses which they flavored with cherry and chocolate, as they said diazepam has a terrible taste. I took my first dose of reducing .05 mg per day. The suspension strength is .5 mg per 1 ml. liquid. It has been an hour since I took my liquid taper. I couldn't eat because food tasted vial. I drank about 24 ounces of water and 1% chocolate milk. When my gums and inside of my cheeks still tasted of the horrible taste I had a scoop of ice cream. That seemed to make it better, but not a very healthy dinner. Anybody else find liquid suspension of Valium unpalatable to disgusting.