• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [li...]

• [Di...]

• [bu...]

• [he...]

[97...]

For general benzo tapering reference purposes in relation to the cut and hold method, the following are links to Ashton and TRAP. I've added BCNC as I found that site useful too. Keep in mind that these are GENERAL GUIDELINES ONLY (as each site points out) and you should alter them to your needs (cut size, holding period, and times per day dosing).

For instance, I dose twice/day because when I was on Clonazepam (13 years), I dosed that way. When I c/o to Valium, I continued to dose twice/day. I do believe that is what my body got used to...so my thinking is that if I decide to switch to once/day dosing, I will have to go through an adjusting phase (some increased w/d s/xs) before my body accepts this dosing schedule.

I did the TRAP cut and hold from 20mgV to 6mgV. I moved to daily microtapering because I wanted to cut smaller to ease my w/d s/xs. For me, I wanted to be as accurate as possible in my taper. I reseached daily microtapering for over a month and spoke to my doctor. He was supportive and gave me my prescription for liquid Valium. I moved to that method feeling fully confident. I got the supplies I needed (Liquid Diazepam (1ml=1mg)...had to do some sourcing, syringes and baby food jar) and made up a simple chart to keep track. I found a daily reduction rate that works for my body at the dosage level I am at now. As I move lower in dosage, I will be reviewing my reduction rate. In my daily microtapering, I take it day to day and do holds as needed. With unexpected life stresses or consecutive days (for me...it is 5-7 days of increased w/d s/xs), I consider a hold.

Presently, I am at 2.72mgV and I have recently switched to all liquid (Liquid Diazepam 1ml=1mg). As of yet, I do not need to dilute with water. I use a 1.0ml BD with 100 increments syringe (reading glasses to see increments clearly) and equally split my twice/day dosing. I do not ingest the liquid in the neck of the syringe. I strive to be as accurate as possible in my daily microtapering.

Ashton Manual - Chapter 2 - Slow Withdrawal Schedules (check out the rest of the manual):

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

TRAP (The Tranquilliser Recovery and Awareness Place)

http://www.non-benzodiazepines.org.uk/diazepam.html

BCNC (Benzodiazepines Co-operation Not Confrontation)

http://www.bcnc.org.uk/index.htm

I read all these post and I do not get it..I am confused..I take 4 mg. Valium at bedtime..I tried to taper myself to 3.5 after 10 days I had a panic attack and started to loose consciousness..I was scared..So what I want to do is do 1 at as time I mean to say..I start

4 mg.

3.9 for 2 weeks

3.8 for 2 weeks

2 mg

Now How do I do this on a 100 milliliter bottle..Sorry for taking so much room up.

I read all these post and I do not get it..I am confused..I take 4 mg. Valium at bedtime..I tried to taper myself to 3.5 after 10 days I had a panic attack and started to loose consciousness..I was scared..So what I want to do is do 1 at as time I mean to say..I start

Now How do I do this on a 100 milliliter bottle..Sorry for taking so much room up.

1) From 4 to 3.5 was a 12.5% cut.  No wonder you had problems.  Too big of a cut!

2) Do you have liquid V, or are you going to have to convert pills to liquid?

Those of you mixing Valium with milk--do you first crush the pill or do you just dissolve it first.  I have just been dissolving the pill in the milk overnight (and shaking it up well) and have noticed lots of residue sticking to the sides of the glass jar.  I hope that this doesn't mean that the Valium is "stuck" inside some of this residue.  I thought it was just filler.  Of course, I have been feeling like crap or I wouldn't be second guessing everything.  If I felt well, I wouldn't be the least bit concerned with the residue.

We thought it would be a good idea to post various charts, Liquid V mixes, tapering equipment needed, etc...in relation to daily microtapering because this information is not readily available. Some of this information was already posted and is scattered all over BB forum. Posts on this thread will not be in any particular order as we are compiling information.

Anyone is welcome to post a MT chart on this thread. Thanks.

We are still compiling & organizing info. It will be MUCH easier to read thru when DONE. Sorry for any confusion! :D

Hello Tina -

I just posted about my observations regarding any "residue" here ... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=74816.msg994301#msg994301

Joe

Is anyone here using digital scales (rather than syringes or cylinders) to measure their liquid benzo and the water to make a solution? 

Is anyone here using digital scales (rather than syringes or cylinders) to measure their liquid benzo and the water to make a solution?

Hello Brabran -

I do not use  digital scales. There are several people on the diazapam discussion thread that are very familiar with them & will be able to share their knowledge. We are trying to gather more info regarding the use of scales here on this thread. I am hoping that someone will post their method(s) so that we can include them in this composition of tapering methods & tips.

Here is a link to post any questions regarding digital scales that you may have.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=50573.5680

Best wishes to you.  :)

Joe

Hi Braban

As Builder said, I use digital scales to measure my liquid. When I'm making up my batch of 100ml water and valium solution I use a syringe to measure the 1ml of v liquid (and my scales always shows "1ml") and then I just fill the container very slowly until it shows "100". I've tested it a few times with a 10ml syringe and it is always very accurate.

However, when I'm actually measuring my daily dose I prefer to use a 10ml syringe and just use the scales to keep a track of the amount so I don't lose count of how many times I've filled the syringe (benzo brain is my downfall sometimes...lol...).

There are other people who have jewellers scales that are much more sensitive and they use them to actually weigh and cut their tablets. They seem to have a lot of success with this method.

Those of you mixing Valium with milk--do you first crush the pill or do you just dissolve it first.  I have just been dissolving the pill in the milk overnight (and shaking it up well) and have noticed lots of residue sticking to the sides of the glass jar.  I hope that this doesn't mean that the Valium is "stuck" inside some of this residue.  I thought it was just filler.  Of course, I have been feeling like crap or I wouldn't be second guessing everything.  If I felt well, I wouldn't be the least bit concerned with the residue.

Hi Tina

I'm not using milk anymore, but when I was I would just leave the tablet in the milk overnight to break down. Then I would avoid shaking it, but do a backwards and forwards swishing motion with the syringe instead, and then I would fill and empty the syringe back into the mixture a couple of times before actually measuring my dose. I would also do that a couple of times in between filling my syringe to make sure that everything was still moving around okay.

I have no idea if all that was necessary or whether it was just my OCD...lol... but I never had any problems while I was doing it that way. Now that I'm using the liquid valium I don't have those problems now.

• 2 weeks later...