Alcohol

[bm...]

Can someone explain the science begin the fatigue and shaking and flu like symptoms??? I'm listening to you guys! I appreciate your help, today is a bad day I'm losing it :( feel lime I will be Fatigued and shaky the rest of my life.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bm...]

• [Ho...]

• [No...]

• [er...]

You've got to try to accept it and just roll with it. Those symptoms will go away eventually. You've got to trust the ones who have healed before you when they say it gets better.

I have chills, shaking, zombie fatigue, feel horrible. I know I'm repetitive I'm just losing my mind today.

Hang in there...Better days are coming. You really need to take an inventory of everything that you take. You need to restrict yourself to whole foods and clean water only.

If you think that by doing this you will start feeling better in a day or two, you're wrong. It will still take a long time, but eventually you will start feeling better.

Another thing is that you seem to be exercise intolerant. You will need to just go for mini walks. If you feel worse after, then stop and take it very easy until you feel up to it. When you can tolerate them you can gradually add some more time to them.

You need to feel and listen to your body and act accordingly. You will be sensitive for a long, long time.

Could this be anything else or are my symptoms classic w/d?

I'm not a doctor, so I can't answer if it's anything else. All that I can say is that I have had all of those symptoms and they are just now slowly starting to slowly fade away.

hi bmw,

I don't know how much you drink or how often but if you drink regularly and have now stopped abruptly it's possible you could be experiencing alcohol withdrawal as well as benzo withdrawal. If you don't drink regularly then it's very possible this is withdrawal from benzos. If you are concerned, you might want to see your doctor.

I do not think that coffee is a good choice in your current over exited state (nervous system)?  ???

This is very individual Noolie. I can drink coffee in small amounts.

hi bmw,

I don't know how much you drink or how often but if you drink regularly and have now stopped abruptly it's possible you could be experiencing alcohol withdrawal as well as benzo withdrawal. If you don't drink regularly then it's very possible this is withdrawal from benzos. If you are concerned, you might want to see your doctor.

So true, you have to be very honest in how much your drink. First you write 1-2 drinks every other day, then you post having 1 drink per week, lastly you write that you rarely drink.

In regards to Coffee, bmwzw mentioned yesterday he thought that coffee maybe made it worse. It is indeed individual, which I also wrote earlier in this thread :)

Honest to god BMW...You're just never going to get it are you? What part of CAFFEINE don't you get.

I give up, I'm just going to ignore all of your threads from here on in. Sometimes I think that you're just looking for attention.

He said he was ordering tea not coffee. Goodness gracious I hope I never get on some of your bad sides!  :-\

"This man beside us also has a hard fight with an unfavouring world, with strong temptations, with doubts and fears, with wounds of the past which have skinned over, but which smart when they are touched.  It is a fact, however surprising.  And when this occurs to us we are moved to deal kindly with him, to bid him be of good cheer, to let him understand that we are also fighting a battle; we are bound not to irritate him, nor press hardly upon him nor help his lower self."

Wesly...Tea has lots of caffeine in it. But it doesn't matter he never listens anyway. This has been going on for nearly a year just for me.

I'm out, and so are many others.

Hocky boy, I am fully knowledgeable as to the fact that SOME teas contain caffeine but defiantly not ALL do. I wasn't just going to assume, but thanks.

I just need some info Re: Extreme Fatigue, I'm so tired I'm slurring my speec and can barely move, does anyone know why we are so fatigued?

you might want to hold up on the stuf for awhile until you get over the w/d.  i'm sure it doesn't help things.  you don't want to get too much going at one time.

From the Wikipedia article on Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Syndrome:

"Benzodiazepines or cross tolerant drugs should be avoided, even occasionally, once successfully withdrawn from. These include alcohol, barbiturates or the nonbenzodiazepines Z drugs, which all have a similar mechanism of action, for at least four months and as long as two years, depending on personal biochemistry. This is because tolerance to benzodiazepines has been demonstrated to be still present in patients between four months and two years after withdrawal. In these patients, even once off low dose, re-exposures to benzodiazepines typically resulted in a reactivation of the tolerance and benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome. Alcohol, even mild to moderate use, has been found to be a significant predictor of withdrawal failure, probably because of its cross tolerance with benzodiazepines."

let me hijack this thread real quick....I drank a bunch of tequila last weekend and the next day I felt amazing...like I was completely on point and my whole central nervous system felt like it was working properly....then crash, boom, done...sorry, gone!  back into a wave...that is all.

I had 3 windhoek draughts (beer cans 440ml) and ended up in ER the following evening, With an excruciating migraine!! it took heavy medicating to calm the migraine down, about a week&1/2! Never drink while withdrawing! I'm scared sh****ss to try any alcohol whatsoever.

let me hijack this thread real quick....I drank a bunch of tequila last weekend and the next day I felt amazing...like I was completely on point and my whole central nervous system felt like it was working properly....then crash, boom, done...sorry, gone!  back into a wave...that is all.

Unfortunately your experience is par for the course.

B/c of  cross tolerance you can alleviate withdrawal symptoms from benzos with alcohol and vice versa. Unfortunately it is like taking a piss in your pants a cold winter night in order to keep warm, you will soon enough regret it.

Bz withdrawal can cause alcoholism,  as you need to drink often to alleviate BZ withdrawal symptoms.

but my pants were really warm for a day or so  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:

I know the feeling very well.

When I was in tolerance withdrawal before starting my taper, I did not know about benzos and alcohol. When I had a night out with my friends, I suddenly felt much better after a few drinks. The morning after when everybody else had a hangover, I would often be running around very cheerful cleaning my house, while listening to loud music. Then come afternoon, I started to feel groggy, confused, stressed, muscles started to tighten, and I always ended being bedridden very sick for at least 3-5 few days.

Not until I learned about withdrawal, did I understand my strange reaction to alcohol, but I sure understand now :)