Important Survey - Please Participate ×

what do I stop first?

[Mc...]

:sick:Does it make a difference what med I choose to stop first? Endocet 10/325 4x/dayI have taken one less Endocet, NEURONTIN 2400MG 2X PER DAY (these are for pain from a back surgery last year) and lorezepam 1.5mg at night. I am trying to drop nerontin 300mg per day (1800 2x/day currently) at the rate of every 10 days and I have tried to take one less Endocet per day as my pain allows. The Endocet also helps me sleep for longer periods of time, but I have always worried about the combonation of lorezepam with Endocet. I plan on doing a titration taper of the loezepam and am ordering the cylinder, etc tomorrow. Is this way too much? I can tell you I already feel nauseated, headaches. major fatigue, mood swings.But you know what, I have felt like crap for years so to get off of the benzos may just be what I have to tolerate. Any thoughts?

:sick:Does it make a difference what med I choose to stop first? Endocet 10/325 4x/dayI have taken one less Endocet, NEURONTIN 2400MG 2X PER DAY (these are for pain from a back surgery last year) and lorezepam 1.5mg at night. I am trying to drop nerontin 300mg per day (1800 2x/day currently) at the rate of every 10 days and I have tried to take one less Endocet per day as my pain allows. The Endocet also helps me sleep for longer periods of time, but I have always worried about the combonation of lorezepam with Endocet. I plan on doing a titration taper of the loezepam and am ordering the cylinder, etc tomorrow. Is this way too much? I can tell you I already feel nauseated, headaches. major fatigue, mood swings.But you know what, I have felt like crap for years so to get off of the benzos may just be what I have to tolerate. Any thoughts?

Hi McCune,

I'm not familiar with the other meds you are on, we usually recommend only tapering one med at a time. Maybe someone else will be by that is more familiar and give you their recommendations.

T2 :smitten:

I'd probably do the benzo first because I've seen what a difference it's made in the way I feel.  You probably already know you'll need to taper off the others and not just stop.  If you can get lower with the Endocet before you start your taper without too much break through pain, that's probably a good idea but you might want to discuss it with your doctor.  Did the same doctor prescribe all three drugs?  You are right to be concerned about the combination of Endocet and lorazepam; painkillers (oxycodone) and benzos can be a lethal combination.