Important Survey - Please Participate ×

tekksan's titration thread

[te...]

Well, even though I've felt a bit rough for the past couple of days, I decided to take the plunge and jump off.  I'm at 4ml which is .02mg (I use .5mg pills) of Clono so I hope I do ok. I expect it to be a bumpy ride but hopefully due to my slow titration, it won't be so bad.

For the record, my usual dose was .5mg/day for 2-3 years.  I started titration on July 5th.  I'll keep this thread posted as to my status. 

Words cannot express my thanks to this site and those who post their encouraging words.  You are angels.  I honestly don't know what kind of shape I'd be in if I had not found this site and applied the knowledge that lies herein-particularly titration.  A special thanks to Colin and the wisdom he shares with us.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [te...]

• [Th...]

• [Co...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I just posted and it disappeared so I'll try this again.

I think you'll be fine dropping such a small amount at the end.  Does this mean you've taken your last dose?  May I start blowing up the balloons?

By the way, I posted a crudely shot youtube video of the titration process I used:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrQIFZnt3Ws

I made it tonight just to show the procedure I've been using for the past 5 months titrating clono.  I hope it is of some help to people that need a visual idea of titration.

Hi Tekksan,

That is great!  :yippee: Should definitely help people to visually understand and see that's it's not really as complicated as it sounds. If you're going to make another one, use the milk and let them know they can divide their doses up throughout the day if they needed to. Thanks so much for doing this!

T2 :smitten:

[49...]

Hi tek,

thanks for putting that video on you-tube I'm now reassured that on day 3 of titration I'm doing it correct ;)

How are you feeling??...

My last dose was Wednesday night and I've had a bit of insomnia since then although,  I think it may be related to increased anxiety.  I also have a bit of a headache today.  I have other vestibular/migraine issues so it's sometimes hard for me to tell the difference between possible benzo-related w/d symptoms and those. 

I'm going to double bag my chamomile tea tonight to see if it helps me sleep better.  At night, I also take a melatonin, half of an allergy pill and sometimes some kava or valerian (but not both on the same night). 

I'll keep this thread posted on my status.

Hi Tekksan,

That's great. I will add it to a webpage soon, and will definitely update it if create another version. As Theresa wrote, if you reshoot it, include a note about being about to split the daily dose into several smaller doses.

Oh, and thanks for the plug! ;D

Hey Tekksan,

Thanks for the update on how you are feeling since you became benzo free. I am always curious (since I am still tapering) how people are doing after no more benzos. Sounds like things are tolerable for you and that is very encouraging. Hope it continues to get better as you are in the "total healing" process, now. Take care...

Just watched your video! Great idea and I understand titration so much more now. Right now, I am still dry cutting, but wouldn't be intimidated anymore to switch over to titration if things get too rough. Thanks a ton!!

Lori :smitten:

Love the video.... At first I was a little OCD about the residue.  :)

Good to hear your sucessful titration.  I switched to titration a couple of weeks ago.  Glad I did.

Will be curious to see how you continue to do post benzo...

Hmm..I tried to add a comment about splitting the dose, but it wouldn't let me.  Maybe somebody else can?

Where do you mean?

On youtube.  I made a new video but having some issues uploading it.  In this video I mentioned the dose splitting and used milk.  I'll post the URL when I successfully upload it.

Hmm..I tried to add a comment about splitting the dose, but it wouldn't let me.  Maybe somebody else can?

Where do you mean?

On youtube.  I made a new video but having some issues uploading it.  In this video I mentioned the dose splitting and used milk.  I'll post the URL when I successfully upload it.

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

By the way, I posted a crudely shot youtube video of the titration process I used:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrQIFZnt3Ws

I made it tonight just to show the procedure I've been using for the past 5 months titrating clono.  I hope it is of some help to people that need a visual idea of titration.

Hiya, tekksan! 

Great job on the video!  :thumbsup:  I'm sure it'll be of great help to those taking the water titration route...  :)

Where do you mean?

Great. :)

And as a reward, I will double, yes, double your BB wages! No need to thank me. :laugh: