• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [te...]

• [Th...]

• [Co...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great. You know alot of people will see that. If you helped one person, than it's all worth it. Kel

I just wanted to do something to pay back the site for all the help I've received.  I hope it helps people that are afraid to try titration because they think it is too complicated. 

That's great. You know alot of people will see that. If you helped one person, than it's all worth it. Kel

I just wanted to do something to pay back the site for all the help I've received.  I hope it helps people that are afraid to try titration because they think it is too complicated. 

I think it's going to be invaluable for that very purpose, tek.  I thought it was too complicated when I came here and couldn't think very clearly.  I've already pointed one person who's considering titration to the original video you posted.  You will never know how many people you will help by having made these videos.  ;D

Hey tekksan,

I am going to start titrating the rest of my taper this Thursday. I watched your video and thought it isn't THAT complicated. I plan on watching it a couple more times before Thursday and asked my husband to watch it as well. That way, he can help me do a couple of trial runs. Thanks so much for making the video; some of us learn better with visuals!!

Lori :smitten:

Update:  I'm 5 days off today! 

I felt ok the past two days but today I felt kind of spacey and dizzy-nothing that I can't handle right now though.  I also had a bit of insomnia but not too bad.  My mind seems to be "awakening" a bit it seems making it somewhat difficult to stay asleep.  I've mitigated this somewhat by taking a kava kava and an antihistamine along with my normal nightly chamomile tea. 

I'll keep the thread posted as to my status.

Best,

Tekksan

Feel more "burn" today than yesterday.  I hope this passes.  It feels like I initially felt a bit better for the first two or three days then degraded after that.  Is this normal?

Hey tekksan,

I am not done with my taper yet, but from what I have read/learned about benzo withdrawal, what you are experiencing is normal and to be expected. Whether we dry cut or titrate, we still have to totally recover from the benzos. It's not all the way out of your body yet and many on here who have tapered recently say that the 3 month mark is when they felt really good. You are having a wave sounds like, but just know, like when you were tapering, it will pass and your window will open again!!

Lori :smitten:

Thanks for the encouraging words.  I hope to feel better soon.  I'll keep you posted.

BTW, Colin, did you have a chance to check out those new videos?  If so, can you update the sticky?

Thanks bud.

-tek

Hi Tekksan,

I just reviewed the videos and updated the titration sticky.

I have a few ideas for improving the video when you feel up to it. The video is great, but I think it would help to keep it to one video (less than 10 minutes in total), and maybe a few other refinements and clarifications.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Hi, tekksan,

It is very normal to have 'waves' after you are benzo-free.  They will come and go but as time passes they won't last as long and the symptoms will lessen.  Don't get discouraged as this is all part of the healing process.  I have been off Xanax for 105 days and feel almost 100%.  Hang in there.

Patty  xo

Way dizzier today than yesterday.  I don't know if this is benzo-related or due to my migraine/meniere's.  I hope it goes away soon.

Is bad dizziness a common experience after being off for almost two weeks?  How long should I expect this to last?  Thanks.

Hi tekksan,

Sherry/Countrygirl suffers from dizziness even 11 weeks out. I have not had any yet 2 weeks out. You mentioned Meniere's, that could also cause dizziness, right??

T2 :smitten:

Yes, it could be the Menieres but I haven't been this dizzy for a long time.  I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Did you ever take anything for the Menieres? When I had Vertigo, I took ativert (sp?) and it cleared up over a couple weeks. The Ashton Manual mentions the dizziness and doing balance exercises. Have you read that section?

I took some Bonine (50mg) which is the same thing as antivert.  Hopefully this clears up soon.  I'll keep you posted.

Yes, let's hope it clears up soon!!

Well, I'm feeling bad again.  I've been off about 2 1/2 weeks and it feels like I still have that "brain burn" feeling.  Will this get any better?  Am I having an abnormal post benzo recovery?

I don't know about the "brain burn" feeling; didn't get that one. What showed up for me at 3 weeks off was loud tinnitus.  I've had a few other things from time to time, like muscle spasms and cramps, sweating in cold room, tingling and numbness, insomnia, stuff like that.  Totally "normal", I'm afraid.  It will get better.

3 weeks off today but I feel I'm still having problems.  Is this normal post-benzo symptoms?  I'm just hoping that it is and it is temporary.  After being 3 weeks off, should I be feeling better by now?  I'm worried....I have "brain fog/burn" among other things, but mostly the brain fog is bothering me.