Important Survey - Please Participate ×

tekksan's titration thread

[te...]

Just an up date on me. 

Background:  .5mg/day of Clono taken at night for 2.5 years.  Prescribed to help sleep.

I initially tried dry cutting but I guess I'm too sensitive to largish cuts and it didn't go too well.

Thanks to Colin, et. al, I 've switched to milk titration.  Initially, I was cutting 10% every 14 days, then increased pace to 10% every 10 days until I got down to about 35ml then I tried cutting 2ml a couple of days per week but I started to "feel the burn" so to speak.  I then reverted back to 1ml/day and I was still "feeling the burn".  When I hit 25ml I decided to cut 1ml every other day and though I still feel the burn, it is more somewhat more manageable now.  So I've got about 50 more days to go!

BTW, if I had it to do over again, I would have cut 2ml/day for the first 1/3 of the titration, then switched to 1ml/day for the second 1/3, then 1ml/every 2 days for the last 1/3 to make it a bit more smoother...Just my thoughts.

I'll keep you posted as to my progress.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [te...]

• [Th...]

• [Co...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew....down to 15ml.  My current plan puts me at an end date of 11/24/08.  Feeling kinda bad today.  Didn't get much sleep last night.  Also, my wife is a few weeks pregnant and she is very sick.  Just going through a rough time right now.  Feeling dizzy, loss of coordination, not sleeping well, etc.  My current taper rate is .5ml/day.  I guess onward I go. 

Whew....down to 15ml.   My current plan puts me at an end date of 11/24/08.  Feeling kinda bad today.  Didn't get much sleep last night.  Also, my wife is a few weeks pregnant and she is very sick.  Just going through a rough time right now.  Feeling dizzy, loss of coordination, not sleeping well, etc.  My current taper rate is .5ml/day.  I guess onward I go. 

Hi tekksan,

Congratulations on your wife's pregnancy!! Sorry you're going through a rough time right now. I reduced my cuts to 1/4ml per day for a couple months. Of course, that adds to the titration time but it is easier on your system and at least you are still moving forward. I am back up to 1/2ml per day and down to 10.5ml so I am on pace for 21 days but will even consider going back to 1/4ml if symptoms kick up. Thanks for checking in!

T2 :smitten:

Yeah, I've been at 14ml for the past two days and I still feel rough...I think I'm going to stay at 14ml for a couple more days and see how it goes.  I'm wondering if I should go up a couple of ml and try and stablize.  What do you think? 

Yeah, I've been at 14ml for the past two days and I still feel rough...I think I'm going to stay at 14ml for a couple more days and see how it goes.  I'm wondering if I should go up a couple of ml and try and stablize.  What do you think? 

Hi tekksan,

If it's only been a couple of day of holding, you may want to wait a few more days to see if things stabilize.

That is an option for sure but you will still have to get back down to 14 ml. Sometimes the only way out is through.  :thumbsup:

If I don't stabilize at 14ml after a couple of days should I go back to 15ml?

Hi tekksan,

This could just be a bad patch, I would not go back up. It may not help with that little bit and you would still have to come back down. Just ride this wave for a few more days and see if things get better.

Still at 14ml (3 days now) and still feeling pretty crappy.  I think I'll hang on at 14ml for two more days and see how I feel. 

I feel a bit better today, I'm going down to 13ml tonight and will try and be off by Thanksgiving.

Hi tekksan,

Good to hear you're feeling a little better!! Hope things go better the rest of the way down!!

I feel a bit better today, I'm going down to 13ml tonight and will try and be off by Thanksgiving.

That is certainly doable, tek.  And won't you have a lot to be thankful for this year!

Yes, please keep us up to date.  It must be hard to continue knowing how close you really are,....but listen to your body and hold as long as necessary.  Give your body/brain time to readjust....don't want to crash and burn at the end here!

Down to 6ml...I'm decreasing 1ml ~ two days again but still feeling the burn a bit.  Hard to concentrate, "brain fog" is amped up a bit.  So close....I just hope once I'm off these symptoms ease up a bit.  Hard to believe I started down this road about 5 months ago.  I'm still on track to be benzo free next week.  I'll keep you posted.

Down to 5ml and have fairly bad headaches, brain fog, head tightening, etc.  I'm thinking I'm so low now that I won't feel better by holding at 5ml for a few days.  I'm thinking I might just jump off tomorrow or this weekend or do you think I should consider going back to 10ml or something?

Hi Tekksan,

Yes, your dose is tiny, and probably has minimal effects upon you. You will be off soon enough, so you may as well continue with taper (rather than just quitting). Not far to go now! ;)

Hey Colin.  Man, you are a good guy-always there.  I've always wondered what you do for a profession.  You're so intelligent and well spoken!

I'm wondering how long I'm going to feel like this?  My taper rate has been pretty slow (I've been tapering off .5mg/1xday since July 5th) and I've had rough patches for a few days...I just want to know this one will end too.  It feels noticeably more intense than my previous bad patches.  Is it because I'm so near the end?  I'm afraid I'll feel like this for several months! 

Hi Tekksan,

It's not possible to give you a specific answer because recovery is very variable. However, if you have been following a sensible taper plan, you will not have raced ahead of what your body can handle, so your body has had time to recover and adjust during your taper. This means that there is less repair and adjustment to be carried out out after your last dose.

Those that follow a sensible taper plan tend to report great improvements in the weeks or few months following their last dose. You stand every chance of a full recovery sooner rather than later, and will probably notice notice great improvements in the weeks following your last dose.

To put your taper into perspective, I tapered off 4.5mg Clonazepam over a six month period! OK, I probably tapered off too quickly, but quitting 0.5mg Clonazepam over six moths is a very slow taper.