Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Suicidal Feelings - Not Handling Taper Well

[or...]

I think the progress log is a great idea, Beeper!  The main problem is access; as I do not have internet at home, I would not be able to make entries into my progress log during those bad wd emotional spells, when making entries into the log would be most needed.

I have limited access at work, but don't have enough time to do the progress log justice.

I like the progress log idea, especially if I am logging in my dark thoughts and feelings in the heat of a bad wd moment, there would be a chance that others could view the entries as they are happening, thus at least some access to forum support while in those bad places.  Just don't know how to do it in my current situation. I'll have to think about this and see if/how I can work around the lack of internet access......

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [or...]

• [Be...]

• [su...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the progress log is a great idea, Beeper!  The main problem is access; as I do not have internet at home, I would not be able to make entries into my progress log during those bad wd emotional spells, when making entries into the log would be most needed.

I have limited access at work, but don't have enough time to do the progress log justice.

I like the progress log idea, especially if I am logging in my dark thoughts and feelings in the heat of a bad wd moment, there would be a chance that others could view the entries as they are happening, thus at least some access to forum support while in those bad places.  Just don't know how to do it in my current situation. I'll have to think about this and see if/how I can work around the lack of internet access......

:laugh: How soon we forget the old pen and paper method! I actually kept my progress log (journal) in a spiral notebook and not online at all.  And just the act of writing out what I was feeling seemed to help the bad feelings to pass.  Then you can use your internet access time just for advice and fun.  :thumbsup:

Good point, on the advice of Scott I have been meticulously maintaining a spiral notebook journal of my titration process for the past 5 weeks; I have felt its a good way to identify patterns in mood/thoughts as they relate to changes in dosage. 

It would just be nice to contact the forum when it gets really bad at night, but right now I do not see a practical way to do that.  That's the breaks I guess.....

I think what worries me is that when I am actually in that space of overwhelm and darkness, my intellect shuts down and it is very hard for me to remember that I have gone through this before and that it will pass.  My cognitive function seems to go out the window.  Thats when the self-destructive stuff comes in.

Ah, that perfectly describes it. I went through that for a looooong time but I got past it. You will start remembering the good times, the times you felt completely normal and that they will always come back. Definitely write them down, date them. If you can stop yourself from starting down the path or only giving it some vague thought, you will teach yourself to always do that. It takes practice and you must fully believe you will get better, which you will.

Orange8-

Hey- you are really doing great, even though you have tough days you keep making progress!  We all have these challenges, so hang in there and know that this will subside  :thumbsup:  This is tough for all of us and is why we are all here.  We are here for ya, so please keep writing and let us know if we can help in any way.

Again, you are doing great, stay positive and it will get better.

Keith