Numb burning tingling pins & needles Feet

[to...]

The bottom of my feet got hit 5 days into my cold turkey. My hands kicked in soon after. Before too long my whole body had some degree of tingles, but feet are the worse. I am 6 months out on the 22nd and my feet hurt every day.

Hang in there. Your sensations sure sound like wd.

Sounds like a lot of us have this sx. Its painful but not harmful thank heavens.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [In...]

• [li...]

• [pa...]

Burning feet and all over burning/tingling are my worst symptoms.  My feet can also be very cold and this started with w/d 16 months ago.  One thing I have found that helps when my feet feel like they're frozen (even though they're warm to the touch) is a pair of polyester booties that you can put in the microwave for 45 seconds and wear. The brand name is Bed Buddy and I bought them at the drugstore.  I put them on when I go to bed and my feet are warm - unless they're burning hot and then I don't wear them. 

My neurologist also diagnosed me with idiopathic neuropathy because my feet felt like I was always wearing socks or that they were wrapped in tissue paper. That started about a year ago but has gone away in the last two weeks.  Hooray!  Something is healing.

Paresthesia

Yes paresthesia I say these are some of my worst sx also. These plus this incessant dental pain I have on left side which waxes and wanes. It just amazes me how I felt "ok" last winter @Jan - Feb and then bam! Literally as I went further down on X it was one thing after another. I thought my body was just falling apart.

I can't say that I'm really any better now as I'm still transitioning over to K, but at least I know why I feel so weird a lot of the time. I hope this nightmare has an ending. That's another reason why I just haven't resorted to any other meds; I just don't want to add anything else into the mix here. I can "blame" myself and benzos, but no vitamin overdoses, no pain meds, no anti-depressants, no cholesterol meds, NADA. For all I know, at this point I might need something else here because of my health, but I want this crap out of my system before I get any older if possible.

I have had the burning and pins and needles for a long time so I understand.  I have had some hours where these symptoms subside but then they come back.  I am trying to hold on to those windows to sustain me through the tough times.  I wish I could say I had found something that had helped.  I am hoping it is time and holding at the current dose.

Hi to all, neuropathic pain in my feet is by far my worst sx now, it has a slicing, biting, pinching quality along with burning and stinging, the pins and needles feeling is pounding and goes through my feet....dont want to scare anyone...Im ct from benzos and opiates at the same time and believe opiates are a huge contributing factor....anyway do any of you use biofreeze...it helps a little and really does take the edge off....epsom salts help a little too. Regular ice paks out of the freezer help also. :)

Well I got hit again with these sx super hard. Started last night and continued today. I really just start trying to figure what's going on. I dropped .25 X on 12/11 and today is 12/20. Even though I've increased the K, it doesn't appear to hit the GABAs the same way, probably hasn't built up enough in my system, and X deficit seems to hit me in a really intense way.

I really want to drop it altogether, but I just feel I'm not where I need to be with K. Pretty frustrating. Seems I'll be higher on K than I was on X if and when I ever finish this transition. This burning pain and muscle/joint pain plus dental pain is hard to bear. What a mess.

For me its the constant numbness in my feet that are the scaryest an most annoying. When I put shoes or sneakers on its 10x worse. I hope all the Dr's are wrong about it being nerve damage from diabetes. Even though my sugar has never been so elevate. I hope its only a mater of time and I heal. Than I can tell the Dr's that they don't know jack about what there taking about. Thanks everyone for your comments. It seems there are many people with the same wd sx so lets keep this tred going. Thanks again.

I never would have dreamed  that this burning, tingling and muscle pain could be so common. I had never heard of it being a primary sx with benzo w/d. Honestly, I didn't know "jack" about w/d other than people get full of anxiety and you could have a seizure if you didn't take it slow. Turns out that this burning and muscle pain are the most common w/d sx. Yeah reoccurring anxiety is also common, but this stuff is as common.

These sx cause me anxiety.

Yes it also causes me anxiety too. In a big way. But when the am Dr's say they dont think its because of the wd that causes me even more anxiety. Thanks for your reply.

Tomy, time will tell for you. And I mean real time. Eventually some of this should stop for awhile even if it returns. You just have to give it time. If those Drs. Are offering you pain medication and you want to try it, you might want to just try it once and for all.

I'm not advocating for getting hooked on strong pain meds, and there are plenty of over the counter meds they might recommend. Maybe you should just have that discussion with your doc and see what he wants you to try. Ask if there are good OTC meds they also think could help.

At least you would know if that can relieve your discomfort for times when you need to get out and do things. If they don't work, at least you would know and you can just move on accepting that your situation is benzo/time related or it is neuropathy from diabetes.

I hope we both have a decent next few days during these holidays. The holidays are wearing me out with this benzo stuff going on also.

Intend

I JUST started getting this s/x this past week...only for me, the burning pain is on the left side of my body only and it runs down my shoulder blade, back and arm.  You could draw a perfect line down my spine and the right side feels "normal" and the left sides burns.

Intend, the dr said if it really gets where i cant handle it he would put me on Lyrica. He also said that a antideprssant called Cymbalta would also work on nueropity. I dont want no part of either of them I have read bad things on them both. I will just hold out for the time being and hope that time will heal. I hopefull it will. Thanks for all your support

• 2 weeks later...

I am 11 months off and they are finally getting better.  Be patience.  Linder

Good to hear. My tingles all over are so bad some mornings I want to cry. The burning is mostly back of arms and across top of back. I have burning tongue too. I will be 7 months out the 22? 23? forget. lol.... I pray this stuff goes away in a few months. I can not imagine this being the new me for decades.

I cant imagin it being the new me either with the numbness in hands and feet. I am now down it .0625mg 1 x day. I am thinking of jumping off soon because I cant really dry cut any smaller. any advice ?

Tommy I dont know what to tell you about jumping. I jumped from almost .7 after going down to .3 then back up to 1 mg.

My poor brain! And I wonder why I am still in the hurt locker? lol

If it were me I would be looking to get off the junk as soon as I could.

Hope your recovery goes well for you.

i am presently taking 1/8 or a .5mg tab 1 x day. isn't that a very very very low dose? would jumping from that make me really feel any difference? all i know my hand and feet are still tingling and numb. Thank you everyone.

Hi everyone, I'm joining this thread because I am having nasty nerve pain in my feet as well. Its pretty similar to what Colleen072 has described...it can be prickly and burning or throbbing with my pulse which tends to pinch, slice and sting especially in my toes which are very sensitive. I am doing a very slow taper off diazepam, and expect that these symptoms will slowly resolve as soon as I'm benzo free. I believe it can take some time. :P

Hi KitKat, I keep an eye on this thread...oh gosh sorry you have something like me...ice and biofreeze really do help take the edge off. Heat worsens mine. Hope it resolves. Hugs, Colleen

Hi Colleen, thank you for the tips. I have been reading some of your posts and am inspired by your strength and depth of compassion :thumbsup: :thumbsup: