• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wi...]

• [Be...]

• [co...]

• [tr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

well this may be a bit premature but I am now 2 days benzo free and feeling good.. I am a little hyper and my mind is racing a bit but blood pressure is good and so is heart rate and my attitude is even better  :yippee: .. I hope this is all for real...

I will more than likely feel the effects tomorrow as it normally takes 3 days to feel the cut but up until taking the b-vitamins I couldn't even miss my dose by a couple of hours ..  :) I am happy for now ...we will see about tomorrow  ;)

:smitten:  WS

Hey buddies  :)

Thanks a bunch.. I am now 3 days off and feeling pretty good... I am not without sx's tonight but there are bearable for me..

right now my throat is tight again like it was before when I just made a cut and I kinda feel tingly all over but other than that I am good... I know I will continue to have sx's for a while until my body has time to heal but I can say that I took my last 1mg pill on Sunday ..I am carefully monitoring my blood pressure which has been normal considering and just hanging in there... :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: I am now free  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:   

:smitten:  WS

Hey everybody...This is WildSoul's eldest daughter. I just want to give you all a really BIG thank you to every single one of you and I hope that you all have as much success as my mother has had with your support. I know alot of times its hard and you think that your not going to be able to do it but you can so just keep it up and never give up on yourself cause only you can do this. And seriously from the bottom of my heart I don't know what I would do if you guys hadn't helped my mom...*ugh there I go  :'( just thinking about all the bad times we had*...alot of times my mom made me feel like crap and made me feel unwanted and unappreciated in a rage fit...(I didn't know that a rage fit was what it was at the time though*until recently*) *which I'm not saying there is many good things about me to admire or appreciate* but I felt in my heart that it was just the xanax and all the other meds she was on taking...It's been such an emotional journey for my family and me especially...I couldn't help but cry it *her addiction* made our life a living hell *pardon any of my french (past present and future haha)* and I just want you guys to know that she has already shown so much improvement in just 3 days without them...Our family didn't really seem like much of a family...but after she weaned herself off of those stupid meds -fyi I think drs are so full of sh** to prescribe stupid idiotic bull that only makes things worse...*ugh that's another rant*- we seemed to somehow grow together as a family and I've always wanted that...and I know it's only going to get better...You guys don't know how much support you really gave my mom and just my family in general...and I love each and everyone of you like family for giving her the sense of security that she needed to get her through this whole ordeal. You guys just honestly don't know how much you did for everyone in this family. I just thought I would post this and let you all know that you are all special and will be in my prayers. I pray you all get to the end of your benzo addictions and finally kick their sorry asses to the curb. YOU GUYS ROCK! Thank you so much everyone. I can't say it enough. :'( *ugh maybe I can stop crying now* Thanks again all! <33 Always WildSoul's Eldest :smitten:

Hey buddies

WOW! I didn't know I was that bad :'(  but I guess in hindsight I really was at times and I do feel like crap for it too..but in my mind I knew it was the meds ..I have tried to talk to my kids and make them understand everything but sometimes it takes me being off the crap and being my true self for them to see the difference that it can make... I still have a long way to go as far as healing but I know that I can make it cause I have came this far already.. At least my kids know I love them and no it hasn't all been peaceful round here but I vow to make this year different .. I can only hope the anger and rage has left me ..I am not going back to the benzos as there are too many other options out there for me . May God bless my family for putting up with me during the bad times and putting them through hell ...and I hope he blesses me for all the hell I have been through too. :)

Just for the record I could not have done it without getting off the nexium and taking my b-vitamins ....that has been my breakthrough that was a long time coming... I could have been off this a long time ago if only I had known the deficiencies I had that were intensifying my sx's and giving me red flags all over the place... but like they say hindsight is 20/20 and I am seeing with brighter eyes now so all will be different from here on out...the doctors will always be there handing out scripts to people who ask for them but I know there is another way and that is what is most important...

I want to thank all you buddies here for holding my hand and helping me through this experience ...You have become my other family that I will always be indepted to and love.. I could not have done it without you ! :smitten:  :smitten:

thank you all very much

Hey everybody...This is WildSoul's eldest daughter. I just want to give you all a really BIG thank you to every single one of you and I hope that you all have as much success as my mother has had with your support. I know alot of times its hard and you think that your not going to be able to do it but you can so just keep it up and never give up on yourself cause only you can do this. And seriously from the bottom of my heart I don't know what I would do if you guys hadn't helped my mom...*ugh there I go  :'( just thinking about all the bad times we had*...alot of times my mom made me feel like crap and made me feel unwanted and unappreciated in a rage fit...(I didn't know that a rage fit was what it was at the time though*until recently*) *which I'm not saying there is many good things about me to admire or appreciate* but I felt in my heart that it was just the xanax and all the other meds she was on taking...It's been such an emotional journey for my family and me especially...I couldn't help but cry it *her addiction* made our life a living hell *pardon any of my french (past present and future haha)* and I just want you guys to know that she has already shown so much improvement in just 3 days without them...Our family didn't really seem like much of a family...but after she weaned herself off of those stupid meds -fyi I think drs are so full of sh** to prescribe stupid idiotic bull that only makes things worse...*ugh that's another rant*- we seemed to somehow grow together as a family and I've always wanted that...and I know it's only going to get better...You guys don't know how much support you really gave my mom and just my family in general...and I love each and everyone of you like family for giving her the sense of security that she needed to get her through this whole ordeal. You guys just honestly don't know how much you did for everyone in this family. I just thought I would post this and let you all know that you are all special and will be in my prayers. I pray you all get to the end of your benzo addictions and finally kick their sorry asses to the curb. YOU GUYS ROCK! Thank you so much everyone. I can't say it enough. :'( *ugh maybe I can stop crying now* Thanks again all! <33 Always WildSoul's Eldest :smitten:

You are so welcome! Just understanding what your mom has been through means so much! She may need a little more time to heal but just keep giving her your support. She's blessed to have such a wonderful daughter! Take care!

T2 :smitten:

well the darn lump in my throat is back...ugh.....and it is annoying as ever... I hope it passes real soon as the pain is awful...

started on me yesterday and seems to be getting worse as time goes by ..I don't really know how much more I can stand of this ..I know it is wd... but seeing as how I do have a hiatal hernia and acid reflux well I guess that just intensifies things for me a bit...anyone else have this awful sx ??  :o  :( other than that I am fine... or I think I am.... :) I have no energy though right now ...ugh... gonna go take a bath and see if that helps a little....

WS

Hey buddies.. I have figured out that the lump in my throat gets worse as anxiety peaks..right now I am better..I took a benedryl and it will probably make me sleepy but I had to have something and as long as it is not a benzo then I am good..I also noticed it had been 8 hours since my last b-vitamin..so it was wearing off  too...so I went ahead and took that and within minutes I was calmer ..can I be that deficient that it helps me that much and so quickly..anyways I think I have found my new nerve pill... :laugh: the dose is 3 times a day TR formula.. hey whatever works huh? it has been 4 days since my last dose of valium ..I am not however having anymore rage attacks so that is good... but I am however experiencing anxiety that comes and goes ..I am sleeping good though so no complaints there..and I awoke at 7:30 am this morning ...just wanted to update to let everyone know how I am doing ...  still hanging in there folks........ :)

WS

hey buddies..I have a quiestion..?? I have had absolutely no energy for the past few days with bouts of anxiety..is this normal coming off the valium.. other sx's include tightness in throat that comes and goes...the anxiety comes and goes all day for me but the extreme tiredness has got to be the worst ever for me.... any idea why ? I hope it is just wd that is hitting me and thats all.... also my body has been retaining lots of fluid too as my hands are swelled up and I just feel like crap...

thanks ..        WS  :smitten:

hey buddies..I have a quiestion..?? I have had absolutely no energy for the past few days with bouts of anxiety..is this normal coming off the valium.. other sx's include tightness in throat that comes and goes...the anxiety comes and goes all day for me but the extreme tiredness has got to be the worst ever for me.... any idea why ? I hope it is just wd that is hitting me and thats all.... also my body has been retaining lots of fluid too as my hands are swelled up and I just feel like crap...

thanks ..        WS  :smitten:

Yeah, it's pretty normal from what I can tell.  I know the last month of tapering was rough for me and for about 3 weeks after I was fully free, I still had the same level of symptoms.  If you don't get other indications of illness, like a fever or coughing, it's probably just more of the drugs working their way out of your system. 

thanks so much Beeper  :smitten: .. I do feel just awful  :sick:.. I took me some cal/mag and vit D and that has help give me some energy but is nothing to brag about I reckon.. I am 6 days off and I am feeling worse every day now.. I have to constantly keep the b-vits in me or my anxiety is through the roof  :crazy:... New sx has appeared too.. thats making me feel like I am on a boat again... :pokey:

thank goodness I don't have to work until Wednesday ..... :P

Ya know its hard to know what is going on when you are in wd.. it always pops up in my head that it could be something else even though I pretty much know it isn't ... I felt so good last weekend and now I am feeling like total crap..to be expected I supose but it doesn't make it any easier... :) oh well , I am hanging in there and the b-vits are giving me back my memory ...

at least I am done with benzos now...all I gotta do is heal  :) ...thanks so much for your reply Beeper... I really appreciate ya more than you know...

thanks  :smitten:  WS

I'm so happy to hear you are doing better and off the benzos!  Just give your body a little more time to finish spitting them out!  Remember your whole body has to heal as the benzos invade everything!

I find when I start to feel anxious, deep breathing techniques work to some extent in helping calm them down.  I'm just beginning my journey through this taper, but plan to keep swallowing my vitamins, drink plenty of water and get as much exercise as I can make my body get up and do!  I notice on those days when I do exercise I find myself wandering around my house looking for more to keep me busy!  If your body feels tired, try to get some rest when you can.  Your body does heal itself from most things better when sleeping anyway!  Listen to your body!

I'm embarrassed to say, but I'm sure my 3 children can all relate to what your daughter has said.  I was the witch from hell for longer than I care to admit.  Now for us to just get past this, and to put the love that our God given souls are capable of back into our families.  It is all possible and we are on the road to making it happen!    :thumbsup:

Why thanks Ladyh48 for your response..

I know I was hard to deal with early on ( I couldn't stand myself at times) but I now know it was the meds...cause I am much calmer now.. :)

I had a bad day yesterday thats all.. I got through it though and I feel much more normal today.. I didn't wake up with anxiety and my bp didn't rise either so that is an improvement.. I wanted so much for relief last night that I looked up b-vits and anxiety and came up with a whole bunch of info on what I should be taking to help my body..so I went ahead and took some cal/mag ,vit D and zinc along with omega 3's from flaxseed oil and within an hour my energy came back and I felt good again..that just goes to show you what vitamins can do for you when you take the right ones..  :) I am bouncing around today doing laundry and cleaning the house and I haven't had to take a b-vit yet ..normally that is the first thing I have to pop in the mornings... but I may have gotten enough in my body to actually do me some good and go a little slower on them...

you said you were just beginning on your taper right?  I wish you the best and you can do it..believe me I will never resort to taking a benzo again ... this has been for me a few years of hell that only got worse 6 months ago when I started my taper...but I am so glad I did it and it has been worth it all...I have gotten off of all my meds now and I am totally free from everything... my bp meds,my nexium for reflux and zantax for stomach... no more meds for me..( I made myself a guinea pig for all sorts of herbs). I am going all natural as I know it works ..and diet no matter what they say plays a big part in it all ...thanks so much for your response and anytime you need me ....well I am only a click away my friend  :hug: .. things can get pretty hectic when you are withdrawing but the more you know about it the easier it will be ....I wish you all the best ladyh48  ..we are all here if you need us ...

:smitten:      WS (Nola)

;) Hello WS my friend  :mybuddy: stopping by to check in on you i see you are now benzo free that is wonderful praise god.as you know i was without power 2 weeks that is why i havent been on here so trying to catch up with everybody tonight..i pray you are having a good day today and you have many many more..thanks for the PM's while i was away thanks for being a great friend to me you are a blessing to have as a friend.so how are you feeling since you are free? well i am back to smoking again not proud of it but i am not going to beat myself up either i am planning to try again when spring gets here and things are calmed down some with the W/D's and stuff.i spent 2 weeks in my garage to keep warm untill the power was restored i am thankful we had a wood stove in there praise god for that.i have been trying to get laundry and stuff caught up here today and get back to normal i wish i good say the same about how i fill these w/d's are starting to really get me down i just keep pushing on and doing the best i can taken it day by day and pray for a better day tommorow.well my friend i am going to get going for now  i will come by again soon untill then i pray you are being blessed with a beautiful window..have a blessed night..

God Bless You today and always

:smitten: love and hugs  :hug:

sherry

http://www.riversongs.com/cards/angel.html

http://www.riversongs.com/postcards/treasure.html

Well Hello Countrygrl  :mybuddy:

I was sure wondring bout ya?  I had a rough couple of days there but I am doing just great now with loads of natural energy and  feeling more normal than ever... sorry to here bout you losing power  for 2 weeks....  :o  good thing you had that wood heater huh? they do put out some nice warm heat... I would have went crazy without my puter though .. ;):)

I tell ya.. I couldn't have gotten off the valium without quitting the nexium and starting on the b-complex time release vitamins...they were a life savor for me.... they actually help calm my nerves now instead of getting them all fired up when I was on the meds......

well I just wanted to holla at you a minute my friend ..I gotta go for now and watch the movie madagascar2 with the girls ...

I will talk to ya later.. and you take care... I am glad to see you back here Countrygrl ...I missed ya..

your buddy/friend          WS

Just wanted to check on you and make sure you still have a pretty open window!!

I was thinking while reading your post about the B vitamins you take.  I take Super B-complex with folic acid and vitamin C every day and have been for awhile, way before this.  That MAY have something to do with my symptoms so far not being as bad as they could be ?!??    I sure hope so! 

Hope you have a great day!!  :)

After I read about you taking your b vits again, I decided to give mine a try.  I went off during my taper becuz they really reved up my symptoms.  I took one yesterday and didn't notice any problem with it.  I will try again today.  I know I need them for the stress.  I am now working at getting my body back to full health,  this is one step in that direction.  So thanks for sharing about your experience.

hi ya Cal and Ladyh

How are you both doing? sorry I haven't had a chance to get on here ..my daughters seem to think they have more puter privs than I do .. :laugh: esp since hers is tore up right now...but she is getting it back today thank goodness.. :laugh:

I am still doing great ...just gotta keep the b-vits in me or the anxiety will come back... its truly a miracle for me that they are working to my advantage this time round... I take the solaray brand called b-stress time release formula.. I now feel totally normal as long as I take them round the clock..I test the waters every day and try not to take all 3 but somehow I just can't do without them right now as my body needs them way too much ..or at least that is my theory... all those sx's I was having just to up and go away because of vitamins ...well that is remarable to me.  :o  and the OCD thoughts have vanished !..I wanted to share this so that others might get some relief like I did ...life is way to short to suffer with all those debilitating sx's ....and if it can help someone else then it is so worth it to me... I am doing nothing different than taking the b's 3x a  day other than popping a cal/mag every day or so along with zinc and vit-d when I remember it.the key for me was to also stop taking the nexium for reflux as that was giving me bad anxiety ..  I wish you all the best buddies  and thanks for the post ...  :smitten:

WS (Nola)

It's really a blessing to feel normal for a change...

I'm so glad you're feeling better.  Take those vitamins all day long if you have to!  I've been shoving mine in regularly as well as exercising.

It does make sense.  Benzos mess with your nervous system, and B vitamins are good for your nervous system!  May the vitamins RULE!  :)

Here's hoping your window gets stuck open!    :smitten:

:) Hello WS my friend  :mybuddy: stopping by with many thanks for the PM i sent you one back my dear friend.how are you doing today?i pray you are out there enjoying your new life today and you enjoy it from now on out.you are a true blessing to have as a friend on this forum.it was great talking to you in person we will have to do that again sometime..have a blessed day my friend  :mybuddy: you are in my thoughts and prayers always.

God Bless You always

:smitten: love and hugs  :hug:

sherry

http://www1.bluemountain.com/display.pd?path=35037&prodnum=3032031

http://www1.bluemountain.com/display.pd?path=35037&prodnum=3032006#self4

hey there Countrygrl..  :hug:

my puter is on the blink right now.. I am using my daughters ...my ex-hubby is posed to come by and check it out for me ..he is a whiz at puters so I am lucky there...  :)  I hope to have it up and running real soon though.. I can't even get it to stay on ..it just keeps shutting off .. >:(  anyways ....it was nice talkinig with you too my friend ..hang in there

:smitten: WS