Is it just me or withdrawal? Morning terror, anxiety, restlessness, need to move

[Go...]

I want to bump this thread up.

I am so discouraged, I still feel the same as when I first wrote this thread.

I am 13 months off now and still there is no let up and I am very concerned that this is the way it is going to be forever.

I can't be like this forever, I just can't.

I am very low on resources for encouragement, I am scared, very scared, I feel guilty for asking, I am sorry.

:'(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Go...]

• [gi...]

• [Ti...]

• [pe...]

Oh no! No change at all in 13 months? Have you had any windows? So sorry you are still dealing with this.

Tina

Hi TinaCA

Thanks for replying to me.

Just one window last week for just less than an hour at around midday.

I feel bad for not responding to earlier replies to me but I just didn't know what to say..... and to be honest, I still don't know what to say.

I have nothing positive to say, I don't feel positive at all and I also worry about writing it here as I don't want others to feel discouraged.

I miss the chatroom so much and have been waiting so patiently and quietly for it to come back, I hope it does soon, it's been a while.  :-\

Got-

I am sure it is tough to know what to say, especially after so long. There was a recent thread on akathesia started by Parker.  You are not alone with this sx.  I also know Raypach has been dealing with it for months.  I was just reading about Cogentin for akathesia. Have you heard of it? Are you avoiding alcohol and all other drugs?

Tina

Got,

I am sorry you're struggling so much still, but I have to say I am so glad to hear from you!  I worried when we didn't hear anything from you.  I know that this has been a long, awful road for you.  I wish I had answers, but just know that we are here for you.  Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Hugs,

POM

Got!!!

It has been so long my friend, been so worried about you.

I am sorry you are still struggling, just remember, some do take much longer, it does NOT mean you won't heal, it WILL happen for you!

The fact that you had a window last week, even a small one is a really good sign. So it is happening!

Do you ever speak to Bliss on her helpline?

I wish you could get in contact with me, I cannot PM anymore .

Keep pushing through this, you have a happy future to look forward to, because you so deserve it!!

Chigs xxx

Got,

I'm sad to read that you're still having it rough.  Please don't think you shouldn't be posting here or looking for support. If your long-term symptoms upset a newbie, they will learn over time that everyone's recovery is different.

Some people never see windows or that many (like me), but instead just have a slow gradual improvement (like me).  It'll happen. Keep the faith!

The average time for w/d is 6-12 months, so hang tough. Source:

“Smith and Wesson (1983) observed that symptoms after withdrawal from low-dose benzodiazepine typically take 6-12 months to subside completely. Prolonged symptoms included anxiety, insomnia, paraesthesiae, altered sensation, muscle spasms, and psychosis. Ashton (1984, 1987) reported a similar protracted time-course. Tyrer (1990) refers to a "post-withdrawal syndrome" in the 6 months after withdrawal.”

- Protracted Withdrawal Syndromes from Benzodiazepines ( First published:

Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment Vol. 8 pp. 19-28 • 1991), Professor C Heather Ashton DM, FRCP

It might help for you to read "Protracted Withdrawal Syndromes from Benzodiazepines"

First published:

Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment

Vol. 8 pp. 19-28 • 1991

Professor C Heather Ashton DM, FRCP

you can find it on the web.

I don't know if you've tried conscious meditation or tai chi or eft but they've helped me get through the worst anxiety moments.

Please hang in there!

ginger

Please hang in there!

Got - this is Robbedbybenzos - I am so glad you are hanging in there brother - you are so brave - I see you had a window...that is a great sign. You keep going OK? Love you brother.

Robbedbybenzos

hey got,

I was still really bad at 13 months, I got some releif around 14,15, and 18.  Was still really really tired, anxious, and had a lot of pain.  I'm still not healed, but has gotten better.  I wish I could say I'm better than I am, but I'm better than you are, and I was where you were at 13 months. I did not see the light at 13.  Just get through the day, one day at a time, and days will get easier. 

Hi Got...

geez its been so long.I was worried about you. I know ur hurting .I know this has become so hard to see the light. Please stay strong. Your gonna start to see how this w/d starts to subside. Then u will have a New Hope peer in.

I know you must miss chat so much. I do to.. It must have been so much easier for you to just log on and know your not alone...:(

Your not alone Got come here and just do anything you  you need to receive the Hope and Comfort when your having a hard time seeing the light.

Stay strong Got youve done so good thus far...

~Jenny

[d7...]

Hi

Sorry to hear of your awful debilitating ongoing symptoms. I know this may sound a bit loony but I notice in a lot of your posts you feel so alone - do you have any pets?  Petting or stroking an animal is known to bring down stress levels.

Even watching fish swim around in a tank can take your mind of the anxiety for a few minutes.

Also and I know this is so basic you might laugh but it has worked for me, buy a big teddy bear and sleep with it, you can snuggle up to it, it is surprising how much comfort they can bring.

Heat Bags have also helped me immensely.  I am only at the beginning of my journey so probably not so qualified to be doling out advice, but I have suffered through severe tolerance withdrawal for 8 long months and these things helped.

Stay Strong

StaffyGirlx

I agree with Staffy 100%.

I have a teddy filled with chaff, lavender and some other things. It's heavy and designed to be microwaved.  It's very soothing. After my cat, who slept on my chest, died, I'd warm up my teddy and lay him on my chest so I could sleep. It's very comforting.

I don't remember the brand but if you google it I bet you'll find it.

I hope you feel better soon!

ginger

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Terror

Would love to hear others

Why does it not let up for one single second all day long

And I am holding on for dear life at 1mg v

Sounds like some have had this all day too

It was coming and going now it's just HERE

Restlessness still here to but I can sit

The terror then goes into my head head pressure pain

It's literal agony

Not sure how much more I can take

I had morning anxiety and terror for about 10 months after stopping the benzo. It went away pretty quick after that. If I knew then what I know now. I would have just remained calm. I paced the floors for hours and hours.

Got

You basically listed my symptoms to a tee (and natural death wish).

It's so hard.

There HAS to be a reason for this.

We WILL get through this.

HUGS