I have withdrawal symtomps after only 3 weeks on 1 mg of Klonopin

[Mu...]

Can you please share some advice and experience. I was on Klonopin only for 3 weeks, 1mg daily, as i was starting a new job abroad and panicked about it. My doctor said its fine to just stop it as i havent used it for long, but I have pretty bad symptoms. Headaches, insomnia, reqally bad memory and concentration, restless and agitated, nausea, basically the whole thing.

I dont really want to reinstate, should i just soldier on and wait it out? How long is it going to last after short term use?

Thank you in advance for the info, its really hard to get a timeline anywhere.

Edited by [Mu...]

[Bu...]

Hello @[Mu...],

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time.  It is possible to develop dependency in as little as two weeks for some people, as it seems to be the case for you.  Reinstating can be tricky, sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't.  Also, with short-term use if you reinstate you risk developing more of a dependence.

Can I ask how long it's been since you quit taking the Klonopin?

We're glad you found us and we'll do our best to help you.

[Mu...]

Hi thanks so much, ive been on chat gpt and different facebook groups, but couldn't find a lot of info.

About 6 days, the first few days were more or less fine, I was just restless, fidgeting and grinding my teeth, but now it got worse. This is my third time on similar medications. I have taken a very low doze of Midazolam for sleep before, as I used to live in a very hot part of the world and couldnt sleep at night, but i quit them both times with no symtomps at all. 

How long do you think its gonna last? I read that the first couple of weeks is the worse and than it gets better.

Also does your cognitive function return to normal? I can barely concetrate or remember right now/

[Ha...]

Good afternoon . I had a real withdrawal when I stopped taking the drug, cold turkey, I didn’t sleep for 10 days, not a minute, I was going crazy, I didn’t know what was happening to me... I looked for help and didn’t find it, I didn’t I could get to the doctors because I was in a foreign country, many church pastors prayed for me and were in touch with me... They prayed with me and read prayers with me 24/7...... I frequent this forum as I am still going through the process of leaving and am looking for support from members' posts. It's been 20 months since the last lorazapam tablet, which I only took for 3 weeks at 1mg per day... in the second week of taking it, tolerance began to appear, terrible symptoms of fear and anxiety appeared, sleep became poor……..and now I'm having a bad wave again. I no longer have strong constant anxiety, but I have periods of morning anxiety, and I have already tried to lead a normal lifestyle, played sports, traveled, but it is still difficult for me and then strong waves and many symptoms attack me... I am still recovering and going through this not an easy path….. I waited half a year, then a year,…. I waited 18 months and hoped that everything would pass..... but now I’m not waiting, I accepted it and just live..... and yes, there was a period when I could not top up my phone account, I could not do my son’s homework for 2nd grade. .. but everything will get better... You will get through this, believe that one day there will come a time when you can say about yourself... I am completely fine... everyone is different... but the body heals itself. sorry for my English... I live in Germany, but I'm Ukrainian.

Edited by [Ha...]
  • Like 1