Blood pressure

[Ti...]

My blood pressure is now high and I've tapered from 4mg klonopin to .25mg now. It took a long time but my bp got high and my doc wants me on medicine for it. Does this happen when tapering or off? Can it? Two weeks ago, it was fine. Suddenly, when I got to .25mg it was high. And I'm scared so my anxiety is horrible. I also now wake up with full on panic attacks which don't calm down for hours.

[PE...]

It's very common. Nothing hurts getting a medication fir it while it's high.

:)

• Like 1

[Br...]

Hi @[Ti...] -  I'm sorry you're going through this.  Blood pressure fluctuations are common during withdrawal.  Mine spike badly when I was in withdrawal -  like you, it was very scary for me and sent my anxiety through the roof.  I also had clusters of awful panic attacks.  I was already on blood pressure medication and my doctor increased my dose which helped; it brought down my blood pressure which in turn helped calm my fear.

As you know, we encourage members to let their taper be guided by symptoms. It sounds to me like your withdrawal symptoms may be telling you to slow down your taper and/or make smaller cuts.  It's not unusual to need to slow down as you get to the lower doses.  Is this something you've considered?

• Like 1

@[Ti...], my bp went up a few times while tapering, especially when the dose was small. In general, it's rather low and i'm really afraid of high bp. Was in panic too. But the issue seems to have resolved itself over time. Also know other people who said they had high bp while benzo withdrawing. So, i guess it's common but better be discussed with a doctor, anyway. Hope your bp will soon level out. My congratulations on reaching this little of benzo! Good luck to you and have a smooth taper ending!)

[Ti...]

Sleep is almost non existent. I have gotten a couple hours about 2 nights a week.