Klonopin taper: possible schedule change, looking for insight

[13...]

Hello all,

looking for some insights on the questions below:

-Currently my taper plan is a monthly reduction of roughly 8% —Would it be too bold to then attempt to do 8% to every 2 weeks? 

I’m reaching the tail end of my taper, my doctor said it was up to when to jump. He recommended the jump at 0.051mg.

Is this too high of mg to jump at? Has anyone jumped at this point? For Klonopin, the recommendation is 0.025mg total daily intake but wondered if anyone has jumped before that number.

Also, my doctor wants me to begin taking my dose just once a day but I’m not sure how that will work? Or how to even transition without worrying about w/d symptoms; anyone gone from twice daily to once daily?

my history:

*Klonopin as prescribed since 2007-08

*Began VERY SLOW taper July 2021 (with some holds)

*using a compound pharmacy 

*Currently0.066mg twice daily; total daily intake 0.1320mg

many thanks 

[ba...]

All I could say is I'm tapering at a higher dose buy I gobble all 5

5 mg at 1030 ish. 

I'm scared how to approach my doctor because the side effects are bad as he'll.

Wr have never met but the 26th I'll find out what he says. I'm on a bunch of other lesser harsh meds that aren't helping.

What to do.

I'm hoping my doctor tells me soon I can work with him let's see!(

[Sw...]

I’m really close to where you’re at I’m at .125 mg of Klonopin. I did try to reduce from two pills a day to one and got really bad tremors so I went back to two pills a day just my experience probably going to take them all the way Until I jump hope this helps. I know some people along with the Ashton manual. Have you go to one pill roughly about but that’s with Valium not Klonopin

• Like 1

[Ma...]

I’m on once a day and dont have issues with interdose WD, but I’ve always only taken once a day.  If you are handling your cuts pretty well, 8% every two weeks is probably ok.  I do about 8-10% every 2 weeks.  I don’t think there’s anything magical about 0.025 as a jump dose.  It’s not based on any studies, just someone who came up with the idea that 0.5 mg of Valium is the proper jump dose and then based .025 of Clonazepam on that.  I think anywhere between .025 and .05 is considered a good jump dose.  

• Like 2

[Li...]
1 hour ago, [[M...] said:

I don’t think there’s anything magical about 0.025 as a jump dose.  It’s not based on any studies, just someone who came up with the idea that 0.5 mg of Valium is the proper jump dose and then based .025 of Clonazepam on that.

This is my understanding as well @[Ma...].  

• Like 1

[ba...]

I'm tapering at home. Don't get out unless accompanied by family.

It's like a treatment centre because here in Vancouver bc u have to get lucky to find a compassionate doctor.

No private docs here. It's tough let's see what he says on the 26th.

He's not a benzo expert. The so called expert suggested and tried to get Mr off quick and suggested to this doctor that I Don need a sloe taper. 10 years plus on benzos omg and I hate all of what I've had to go through.

Now family has no idea hoe hard it is..I still recall how hard past attempts were wow those 45 day tapers at expensive resort residential treatment centre's are cash grabs. Saying they can treat benzo addicts like wow and no after care.

This is your last chance my dad said.