Severe Anxiety

[Si...]

[Si...]

I have been on Clonazapam for over 10 years, started 2 mg. A day as needed was hospitalized many times in headache unit with chronic daily migraines, where I told Neurologist I needed them everyday. I had already been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder & was prescribed Buspar in past which did nothing for me. I have been seeing Primary who set me up with online therapy connected to Psychiatric team who are supposed to be tapering me off. My Primary Dr. is trying but dk if He knows enough & doesn’t seem to read notes they are sending him. It’s very frustrating I’m in the middle & am afraid of getting off totally. I am down to 1mg. 2X a day & am also being weaned off of Mirtazapine & started 5 Mg. Of Lexapro 2 weeks ago. Insomnia has kicked in from both issues & feeling dizzy & nauseous from Lexapro I’m guessing. I know this is going to be a long hard journey for me but did get sober almost 32 years ago & never thought I could do that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

[Co...]

Hello @[Si...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

To clarify (please confirm) that:

1. you are taking 2mg clonazepam per day
  2. you are also tapering off Mirtazepine (and that you were taking 5mg/day at the start of your taper)
  3. you finished a taper off Lexapro 2 weeks ago.

And:

1. What was your dose of clonazepam at the start of your taper?
  2. When did you start the clonazepam taper?
  3. What is your present dose of Mirtazapine?

Why was the decision taken for you to taper off all of these meds? And why (apparently) all at the same time? I am not suggesting that it necessarily wrong to do this, but tapering off just one of these meds can be difficult; and when there are multiple changes, it can be very difficult to determine the cause if you experience difficulties.

Is it  your or your doctor who has pushed for you taper off these meds? And why?

If any of the sounds loaded, it is not meant to be. I just wish to better understand your situation.

• Like 1