Diazepam concoction

[co...]

Hello, 

Ent doc prescribe me concoction for my vocal fold problem one of the ingredients is diazepam 1mg 2x1 for 10 days. I've been benzo free for 11 years. Should I take the concoction or tell the doc to change? 

@[co...], I'd have it changed, just in case. But, actually, don't think it can do lots of harm if you can't avoid taking it. 

Have a nice day)

[co...]
Posted (edited)

@[...] i asked the doc to remove it but he said it's an important part of the concoction because my vocal fold is tense and inflamed. Valium is very important he said. 10 days 1mg what do you think? Will I develop dependency? 

Edit: doc changed valium to eperisone hcl. Is this a good substitute? 

Edited by [co...]

@[co...], you know i wouldn't take the responsibility to advise in this field. I'm not a doctor but i've looked it up and didn't find that eperisone has anything to do with benzo or the famous receptors. So i think it's better than diazepam, just my personal opinion) Hope someone will tell you more to the point.

[or...]
3 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Hello, 

Ent doc prescribe me concoction for my vocal fold problem one of the ingredients is diazepam 1mg 2x1 for 10 days. I've been benzo free for 11 years. Should I take the concoction or tell the doc to change? 

Are you interested in Alternative medicines, home-remedies?  I myself will not take another drug, let alone a benzo.  There are so many other things to at least try, I do that before I even see my doctor.  All he really does is write prescriptions, although he's learned some from me, not that he'd practice any of it with other patients. I'll probably never know.

I reversed T2 Diabetes, without a drug called Metformin they wanted to give me.  I did that with nutrition, low carb. 

If you want any help with alternatives, please feel welcome to ask the question about alternative/home-remedies. We have a forum here called Health Matters,

oregonlady

PS to answer your question, yes, any benzo can be addictive.  Many weaning off the diazepam here on BB :hug:11 years off a benzo would be a dream come true for me ♥️

Edited by [or...]

[re...]

Is this right. Take 1mg twice daily?  If it is a total of 2mg daily then yes this would be considered at least sub therapeutic. But 1mg? I would definitely question this doctor's approach. 1 mg is NOTHING really. 

[co...]

@[re...]it's 2mg of diazepam in total daily but I requested a change so he replace it with eperisone hcl. 

[co...]
Posted (edited)

Hi @[or...], what is an alternative medicine/home remedy for vocal fold nodules? Thank you for the reply. 

Edited by [co...]
  • Like 1

[or...]
12 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Hi @[or...], what is an alternative medicine/home remedy for vocal fold nodules? Thank you for the reply. 

Just do a Google search for alternative medicines or home remedies for your issue or go on health matters board there's a lot of different things that you can do for your vocal cords. Like I said if you want to discuss it with me further we'll have to do it on the health matters board, Oregonlady 😉 Go hear for other medicine discussions, quite a bit of info on alternatives..https://benzobuddies.org/forum/19-health-matters/

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1