Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Cold Turkey from half of my Dose Valium

[Ca...]
On 21/04/2024 at 12:56, [[H...] said:

Taper in fullblown Withdrawal without stabilization????

That's assuming you will stabilize while you hold your current dose. I have not. Everyone is different. Some people may stabilize and then start tapering again at a slower rate.

[PE...]
5 hours ago, [[l...] said:

Halo from Poland my European Brother! 

BenzoBuddies are all over world ;)

First thing First try to do everything and I mean ALLES ;)! What You can to stay calm, try to cut all ties that are related to anxiety (not stress - anxiety). Despite this Your mind, Your brain will search for any real designate to attache to with anxiety and paranoia, when real designates will be no more in Your life it's get easier but... Your mind still will be searching and creating new one (for me now it's war despite I was NEVER afraid of it earlier!). I was down to 9 mg, than I got anxiety related to my company and again went back on 40 mg... Now I finally cut all ties with toxic ppl (in fact almost any ppl... only my Girl, mom and very close friends / coworkers). Sold my company, creating start-up which is much less stressful for me, preparing to MD studies (despite my age 34 YO) switching from tax law :D... 
The point is everything must be adjusted to You, not only the speed and dose in WD but also, food, mindset, and external environment, diet, lifestyle (f.e: exercise). I cut from 40 to 16, begun in 29.02, now slowing down, I will cut in 14 days or 1 mg in 7 or even longer time for stabilization.
And one more thing after 3 years of reading about Benzo, there is no easy answer, there are many contradiction answers and by no mean it's related to bad will of Buddies it's just so weird substance, that it's just creating - strangely - sometimes fairly different symptoms. I suppose it's just related to potentiate underlying symptoms which normally You would not notice, maybe it's related to gene expression, maybe to glutamate, maybe to... and so on... 
The journey is specific and unique for all of us. I was (I am) also poly addict throwing to the mix: Tianeptine (high doses), codeine, nicotine. 
I'm open to share my experiences. 

Alles gut aus Polen :)

Gute Nacht :) 

Longin

Sweden here :)

[lo...]

@[PE...] Been in Your Country :) many years ago, during my journey through Scandinavia and Finland, such a wonderful Place and People :). Visit Poland (in case You didn't), many things has changed for better here. 

@[Ho...] Are You asking me?

@[re...] Thank You :), hope it will help :) 

Greetings to You all! 

Have a beautiful day :) 

Longin 

Edited by [lo...]

[Ho...]
5 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Dies setzt voraus, dass Sie sich stabilisieren, während Sie Ihre aktuelle Dosis beibehalten. I hatte nicht. Jeder ist anders. Manche Menschen stabilisieren sich möglicherweise und beginnen dann langsamer wieder mit dem Ausschleichen.

How Long did you hold?

[Co...]

Hang in there, I went from 24mgs of clonazepam to 17mgs immediately then down to 2mgs within 11 months, fir sure was the worst year of my life, but I did eventually stabilize, I'm down to 1.125mgs now and hit a bad spot with anxiety and WD symptoms, a shrink in the ER wanted to put me on trazadone and busbar, but um already on gabapentin and propranolol for wd symptoms and mirtazapine ar night. I find the mirtazapine better then seroquel or trazadone (been on it in the past) but I dint wanna be on 4 meds to get off one. 

I really hope things stabilize for you. Benzos are no fun. 

Edited by [Co...]
  • Like 2

[Ho...]
19 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Bleiben Sie dran, ich stieg sofort von 24 mg Clonazepam auf 17 mg und dann innerhalb von 11 Monaten auf 2 mg, das war sicher das schlimmste Jahr meines Lebens, aber ich habe mich schließlich stabilisiert, ich bin jetzt auf 1,125 mg gesunken und habe einen schlechten Punkt erreicht Da ich Angstzustände und WD-Symptome hatte, wollte mir ein Psychiater in der Notaufnahme Trazadon und Busbar verschreiben, aber ähm, ich bekam bereits Gabapentin und Propranolol gegen WD-Symptome und nachts Mirtazapin. Ich finde Mirtazapin besser als Seroquel oder Trazadon (ich habe es in der Vergangenheit eingenommen), aber ich möchte nicht 4 Medikamente einnehmen, um eines loszuwerden. 

Ich hoffe wirklich, dass sich die Lage für Sie stabilisiert. Benzos machen keinen Spaß. 

Thanks, did you Hit tolerance too???

[Ho...]
Posted (edited)

Heute Abend habe ich etwas zusätzliches Valium genommen, weil ich die Zero-Nächte nicht mehr ertragen kann. War das schlimm????

I have done that a few Times lately because i already died from suicide attempt when prozac gave me total insomnia for 5 Months. I'm so traumatized.... 😔

Edited by [Ho...]

[PE...]
11 hours ago, [[l...] said:

@[PE...] Been in Your Country :) many years ago, during my journey through Scandinavia and Finland, such a wonderful Place and People :). Visit Poland (in case You didn't), many things has changed for better here. 

@[Ho...] Are You asking me?

@[re...] Thank You :), hope it will help :) 

Greetings to You all! 

Have a beautiful day :) 

Longin 

Nice to hear you like my country. 

I'm planning to travel by train through Eastern Europe :)

if not this summer the next. 

[Ho...]

Can someone Tell me if rescue doses are hurting the Cns and that it makes the taper Harder?

[Ca...]
20 hours ago, [[H...] said:

How Long did you hold?

I have been holding at my updosed dose of 14 mgs of Valium for probably six weeks.

[PE...]
3 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Can someone Tell me if rescue doses are hurting the Cns and that it makes the taper Harder?

I did zopiclone once 3 months ago when i was put a night in hospital. It didn't do anything to my wd symptoms :)

just be careful and not making a habit out of it.

[Ca...]
14 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I did zopiclone once 3 months ago when i was put a night in hospital. It didn't do anything to my wd symptoms :)

just be careful and not making a habit out of it.

I have taken rescue doses. They did nothing except make me feel incredibly guilty and like a big failure. :classic_smile: Don't fret about it but as stated already, don't do it anymore!

• Like 1

[PE...]
8 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I have taken rescue doses. They did nothing except make me feel incredibly guilty and like a big failure. :classic_smile: Don't fret about it but as stated already, don't do it anymore!

I can understand that. Better safe than sorry and not to take any at all.

[Ho...]

I don't know what to do anymore. I already started to heal from previous brain injury from prozac and now the Cold Turkey from half of my Dose. I'm wondering if i will ever stabilize. It's been 3 jears now for me. And my sleep is not existent anymore. I Had to wait 2,5 jears Till my sleep came Back and i was so Happy and now they destroyed anything.

I'm wondering if i should do it Like Peppe. Just going of this poison

[Ho...]

The Point is: If i Take a rescue dose im Like another Person. I'm funcrional and can feel Joy. But Docs dont let me updose. And it would be 60 mg. Thats way too much to taper

[Ho...]
On 27/04/2024 at 10:24, [[C...] said:

Hang in there, I went from 24mgs of clonazepam to 17mgs immediately then down to 2mgs within 11 months, fir sure was the worst year of my life, but I did eventually stabilize, I'm down to 1.125mgs now and hit a bad spot with anxiety and WD symptoms, a shrink in the ER wanted to put me on trazadone and busbar, but um already on gabapentin and propranolol for wd symptoms and mirtazapine ar night. I find the mirtazapine better then seroquel or trazadone (been on it in the past) but I dint wanna be on 4 meds to get off one. 

I really hope things stabilize for you. Benzos are no fun. 

Do you was in tolerance too?

[Ho...]
On 26.4.2024 at 23:55, [[r...] said:

Bitte hören Sie Longin zu. Ausgezeichneter Beitrag. 5 Sterne.:Hurra:

I'm not able to do 2% of the Things that longin could do. I'm 100 percent unfunctional...

And tapering in tolerance must be horrible from what i read

[re...]

Just realize that the rescue doses are only temporary and will not work in time either. Nothing will. But don't beat yourself up about one here or there. They want you to be on these poison$ for life and it is why they make them so hard to come off of I think. I can't prove this of course it just appears that way. Nothing should be this hard to get off of yet here we all are measuring, cutting, SUFFERING!!!!!!!!!! It is disgusting. really. 

The only way out is through with nursing yourself through diet and light exercise and/or stretching to me is the only way. Tons of people have been through this and have come out the other side 100 percent better. 

I really think you will stabilize in time if you just try and get through this cut. These doctors are mostly useless in withdrawal and deprescribing. They are dinosaurs in their approach. 

Edited by [re...]
  • Like 2

[re...]

BTW shoutout to all you Europeans in this thread. I lived a brief time in Laval France for a musical tour with my band and played all over France and what led to the dreaded benzos the first time because of no sleep (possibly because of those amazing cafes and espressos :heybabe:) while touring. It was awful, but still loved it over there. Such great people that know how to LIVE. There were get togethers and feasts all the time. I will never forget it. 

• Love 2

[Co...]
On 28/04/2024 at 07:50, [[H...] said:

Do you was in tolerance too?

Sorry I don't understand.. are you asking if I'm in tolerance withdrawal now or when I started tapering in 2019?

[Ho...]

If you are too in tolerance?

8 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Tut mir leid, dass ich das nicht verstehe. Fragen Sie mich, ob ich mich jetzt im Toleranzentzug befinde oder wann ich 2019 mit dem Ausschleichen begonnen habe?

[Ho...]

Can someone please Tell me if it's REALLY possible to stabilize in Tolerance after this giant Cut? I'm so scared!!!!!!