Urgent help needed: Can the increase of noradrenaline from tricyclic antidepressants worsen sensory overload symptoms such as sound sensitivity?

[he...]

Hi folks! I am sending this message for my friend, who is in great suffering from the symptoms and he is not able to use computers or other screens because of that. He wants to make a decision about Clomipramine as fast as possible because of the increased symptoms after trying to switch to it, in the last 7 days.
Thank you ❤️
“””
Hi, 
I use LUVOX as treatment for pre-existing OCD, but it isn't helping much.
I am on 12.5 mg of Valium and 200 mg of Pregabalin, and I think that I am in tolerance.
My current worst symptoms are related to sensory overload such as having difficulty with screens with a “frying brain” feeling when using them, and mainly sound sensitivity. 
A psychiatrist that isn't benzo-wise proposed switching LUVOX to Clomipramine, but I am skeptical. Doesn't adrenaline increase alertness? Any experience you can share? 
Thank you in advance.

[Bo...]

This is also something that is probably a benefit for him so he can educate himself on all of this and be informed and show his prescriber this info or have them order it themselves.

These med changes that doctors want to try to help different side effects and alleviate this or that just becomes a medical merry-go-round which I’ve been a part of so I speak from experience

I wouldn’t make abrupt changes to anything that increases adrenaline inside of things… I got put on mirtazapine for potential help with aka that can sometimes help people, but for me, it revved up the  adrenaline  side of things and I didn’t need any more revving up.

So he’s doing well to try to educate himself and having this book for his provider will be very help and navigating tapering off the medication

Unfortunately medication to alleviate withdrawal symptoms or even adverse symptoms can just be very complicated and cause more issues so just trying to learn coping skills and sometimes supplements can be helpful but backfire on others. It’s all a test and learn for yourself can help you cope as you work your way off of the medication’s and usually most of the time less in terms of adding anything into your body, even if if natural.

Our nervous systems get highly sensitized in this and lots of sensitivities and light sensitivity noise sensitivity, which is hyper excuses… It’s all just our nervous systems being unsettled, and this does heal our brains go back to homeostasis… Getting on a predictable smart taper gives the brain the predictability and consistency it craves while going through this and you a routine and understand your baseline symptoms and how these wax and went through the process and you get more comfortable even though it’s uncomfortable, you get more comfortable with knowing how to navigate the waters.

[Re...]
6 hours ago, [[h...] said:

Hi folks! I am sending this message for my friend, who is in great suffering from the symptoms and he is not able to use computers or other screens because of that. He wants to make a decision about Clomipramine as fast as possible because of the increased symptoms after trying to switch to it, in the last 7 days.
Thank you ❤️
“””
Hi, 
I use LUVOX as treatment for pre-existing OCD, but it isn't helping much.
I am on 12.5 mg of Valium and 200 mg of Pregabalin, and I think that I am in tolerance.
My current worst symptoms are related to sensory overload such as having difficulty with screens with a “frying brain” feeling when using them, and mainly sound sensitivity. 
A psychiatrist that isn't benzo-wise proposed switching LUVOX to Clomipramine, but I am skeptical. Doesn't adrenaline increase alertness? Any experience you can share? 
Thank you in advance.

What is the reason for the possible switch? If your friend is on more than one psych drug it becomes unclear which drug is causing what. Your friend is right to be skeptical. A new drug introduces a new side effect profile and there is always a risk of worsening symptoms or new symptoms from it. There are few benzo-wise doctors-- you may want to look into Dr. Josef Witt-Doerring or Dr. Mark Horowitz. Also, coach consultants Angela Peacock and Melissa Boutilier are good sources of info and support for polydrugged patients who are on more than one drug.