Members-only Group  ·  430 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Update: Benadryl!!!

[Ga...]

[Ga...]

After reading some of the comments from my original post regarding my off and on use of Benadryl over the past four years (for allergy headaches), I was amazed to read that Benadryl itself needs to be withdrawn from by tapering!  I actually read two different articles online about the withdrawal symptoms, varying from nausea, headaches, insomnia, GI issues, and urinary retention, all of which I have suffered with for 48 months.  I have used Benadryl for what I believed were allergy headaches and for insomnia off and on for 48 months…..partly while still on the Valium!  The articles discuss how serious the side effects can be and how one must taper from the Benadryl!  Also, they discuss how long withdrawal symptoms may last, from days to weeks to months.  Is anyone else aware that Benadryl can be quite harmful and has to be tapered?  I spoke with my doctor and he agrees that I have probably been on a see saw from Valium, antibiotics, and Benadryl.  

It will be interesting to see if my headaches lessen and my urinary and GI symptoms fade away?!  Please🙏🙏🙏🙏

GG

[Ga...]

Hi Becks, actually my mind seems to have improved over the last 48 months.  Memory is great, am able to follow and absorb pretty complicated materials on a variety of subjects, and can multi-task easily.  Thank goodness for this blessing as I seem to be having some pretty severe physical side effects from the Benadryl.  Doctor is going to have me taper!

Hugs,

GG

• Like 1