Alprazolam/Clonazepam Detox Progress

[Le...]

Hello everyone :balloon:

Im currently on my 11th day of quiting my clonazepam. I was first put on xanax 5 years ago. I took 2mg of xanax per day. After a year of that, I changed therapists and was put on Clonazepam to get off the Xanax. I was put on 1mg of Clonazepam in the morning when I wake up and 1mg at night. Ive been on 2mg of clonazepam for about 4 years. I moved to another country to live several weeks ago and my clonazepam prescription ran out. Instead of finding a therapist, I quit cold turkey. 

The first few days after quitting I slept maybe 3 hours per night, I couldn't drive because of the dizziness and my eyes felt really puffy. Im still having some muscle spasms, and a very difficult time sleeping. No stomach cramping, although I've had that in the past when i missed a few days. This time i haven't had any stomach problems. After one week of stopping my symptoms peaked. Im still having a very difficult time sleeping and feeling at ease. My heart feels like its pounding extra hard at night. I had taken 30mg of Melatonin the other night which really helped me get tired but it made me feel very groggy. I took 10mg of melatonin last night because i hadn't slept at all the night before. It definitely helps me at bed time to fall asleep. 

Its been very difficult to withstand but i dint feel my symptoms getting any worse there just staying the same. My mind is definitely racing, im overthinking a lot. 

Im sick of being dependant on a medication. Especially one that has horrible stigma attached to it. 

Im planning to stay away from benzos for good. Im joining a local gym as soon as I feel like i can sleep normally and I can focus. I still feel wonky or off balance. My motor skills are a bit off. Im definitely feeling sensitive to light where I need sunglasses almost all the time during the day. 

Right now its difficult but I feel like im strong enough to withstand the symptoms. I work from home thank God, there's no way I would have been able to go to a job and perform normally. My focus is slowly getting better. Lots of ringing in my ears. Some random muscle twitching or spasms. 

The clonazepam definitely helped but im sick of being dependant on it. I cant afford a doctor anyways. Id be open to try other medications but id prefer to go to the gym and work out then be put on a tranquilizing drug. 

Hopefully this helps someone, im still marching forward in the trenches but I know the symptoms will eventually go away. Its definitely not getting worse.

Praying has helped me a lot. Talking to friends helps a lot. Things that made me anxious or uncomfortable are definitely magnified right now so I've been staying away from those situations the best I can. 

If anyone has any questions or tips let me know. Hope this post helps someone out! 

😉

• Love 1

[Re...]

Hello @[Le...], Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I applaud you for your positivity, it is so encouraging to read your words. You are quitting benzodiazepines the hard way with doing a cold turkey, (I will attach a link about this method of cessation from a well known advocacy group). I myself have had all the symptoms you mention, too, they do get better.

Please keep in mind that this is doable, we have had several recovered members who quit the medication through a rapid taper or cold turkey. Your symptoms will definitely ease up given enough time.

We have many Success Sories, the stories of those who recovered and are out living life, we find these incredibly helpful.

Please let us know how we can support you, 

RR 

[PE...]

Nicely done!!

Hope you will not get worse or have any prolonged symptoms. 

1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

Hello everyone :balloon:

Im currently on my 11th day of quiting my clonazepam. I was first put on xanax 5 years ago. I took 2mg of xanax per day. After a year of that, I changed therapists and was put on Clonazepam to get off the Xanax. I was put on 1mg of Clonazepam in the morning when I wake up and 1mg at night. Ive been on 2mg of clonazepam for about 4 years. I moved to another country to live several weeks ago and my clonazepam prescription ran out. Instead of finding a therapist, I quit cold turkey. 

The first few days after quitting I slept maybe 3 hours per night, I couldn't drive because of the dizziness and my eyes felt really puffy. Im still having some muscle spasms, and a very difficult time sleeping. No stomach cramping, although I've had that in the past when i missed a few days. This time i haven't had any stomach problems. After one week of stopping my symptoms peaked. Im still having a very difficult time sleeping and feeling at ease. My heart feels like its pounding extra hard at night. I had taken 30mg of Melatonin the other night which really helped me get tired but it made me feel very groggy. I took 10mg of melatonin last night because i hadn't slept at all the night before. It definitely helps me at bed time to fall asleep. 

Its been very difficult to withstand but i dint feel my symptoms getting any worse there just staying the same. My mind is definitely racing, im overthinking a lot. 

Im sick of being dependant on a medication. Especially one that has horrible stigma attached to it. 

Im planning to stay away from benzos for good. Im joining a local gym as soon as I feel like i can sleep normally and I can focus. I still feel wonky or off balance. My motor skills are a bit off. Im definitely feeling sensitive to light where I need sunglasses almost all the time during the day. 

Right now its difficult but I feel like im strong enough to withstand the symptoms. I work from home thank God, there's no way I would have been able to go to a job and perform normally. My focus is slowly getting better. Lots of ringing in my ears. Some random muscle twitching or spasms. 

The clonazepam definitely helped but im sick of being dependant on it. I cant afford a doctor anyways. Id be open to try other medications but id prefer to go to the gym and work out then be put on a tranquilizing drug. 

Hopefully this helps someone, im still marching forward in the trenches but I know the symptoms will eventually go away. Its definitely not getting worse.

Praying has helped me a lot. Talking to friends helps a lot. Things that made me anxious or uncomfortable are definitely magnified right now so I've been staying away from those situations the best I can. 

If anyone has any questions or tips let me know. Hope this post helps someone out! 

😉

[he...]

30 mg of melatonin?! Wow! That's a lot! I would try a lot less, even a lot less than 10 mg and see if it helps. The recommended adult dose according to research is only 0.3 mg, but I understand higher doses are necessary for some people, especially those dealing with the effects of benzos, but too high a dose can add to your suffering, so please use caution. I bought Natrol 1-mg rapid-release chewable tabs and would break them into quarters. They worked great for me when I was having trouble with sleep.

We're rooting for you in your journey off these drugs, @[Le...]!

• Like 2