Wish me luck - going to study medicine at 34 YO after career in law.

[lo...]

[lo...]

Hi all! 

After my first detox in my life I immediately went to law school (I was 26 when I finished), despite having terrible first year (learing logic with PAWS was like ...) I finished with summa cuma lauda, became tax lawyer and criminal justice lawyer (started but still not finished PhD) - (EU country for the record - but I also have studied US law for one year, just for understanding common law :)). Than I started my own company, non-related to law, which was a mistake, despite earning money and selling it, it cost me a lot of stress and anxiety (here bezno, and tianeptine with codeine in high doses came in). Now I'm in middle of the detox, got some setbacks due to problems with selling it, but still tapering it (from 40 mg, now on 20). I'm preparing for the exams, if I will fished first year, will let You know. I hope it will increase BDNF (learing new skills, brain occupied), and help with withdrawal (taking my good friend with me). Wish me luck, if I will success, my priority will be helping people struggling with addiction, especially BENZO. BTW. I don't have take MCAT, here is different, easier.  
Just wanted to share this with somebody, because it's a mystery for friends and family - I think they would see it as a bold move and mistake... But I'm feeling so motivated, and feeling that's my calling (despite loving the law). If You think it's a mistake tell me, I won't be sorry, nor will I take it badly, but I would really like to see Your opinion. 

Good luck for all of You!
Finger crossed ;) 

Longin

Edited by [lo...]

[Ca...]

As a lawyer for many years, I would never think it's a mistake to switch careers to medicine. Law is all about money --helping companies and individuals make it and keep it. Medicine is supposed to be about helping  people deal with or avoid health problems. Of course, lawyers have helped companies invest in medical entities and providers so we now have the lovely corporate practice of medicine.

If you are able to handle the studies then go for it!

[Bu...]

Hey @[lo...],

Sounds like a good idea to me.   If there is one thing that this whole process has taught me, it's that life is constantly changing and you never know what's going to happen next.  If you are inspired to try something new, go for it!

Blessings!

• Love 1

[em...]

Wow! This is very brave! I wish you luck and I think you will make a good doctor. I have already completed my studies and have often turned to https://ukwritings.com/hrm-essay-help for help. I just knew that I would need an education, even though I was already working in the field of marketing at that time. But thanks to my education, I now have the opportunity to join a good company and work professionally

Edited by [em...]

• 2 weeks later...

@[Ca...] @[Bu...] @[em...]

Thank You all! :)

Wish me luck, it's my second time detox -> studies :), hope it's last time for detox :D
I really want to help People - not big companies with taxes :). 

Have a nice day to You all :) 

Greetings 

L. 

• Like 1