Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Psychedelic mushrooms

[Kr...]

[Kr...]

People say these start new neuro pathways. 
I’m not talking about amanita or whatever it’s called, but the traditional psychedelic mushrooms ? 

im getting very desperate for things to change and everyday I have the same symptoms. 

Has anyone with a lot of symptoms mental and physical tried them and if so what was your experience?

• Like 1

[Sc...]

The active compounds in psilocybin containing “magic” mushrooms have LSD-like properties. The psychological consequences of psilocybin use include hallucinations, an altered perception of time, and an inability to discern fantasy from reality. Panic reactions and psychosis also may occur, particularly if a user ingests a large dose. Long term effects such as flashbacks, risk of psychiatric illness, impaired memory, and tolerance have been described in case reports. You really want to try it?.

[Ha...]

I tried them. They helped the 1st couple of times, but then gave me anxiety. Others have found them useful, there's a few threads from people saying they helped them a lot. It seems to be a very individual thing. Micro dosing won't give you psychosis as scooby is suggesting.

• Like 1

[Ka...]

I have microdosed for years and it’s helped me a lot, this means like a 0.2 in capsules at night. This does not cause any type of noticeable reaction, especially hallucinations wouldn’t be possible at such a low dosage. I also would take a trip here and there throughout the year. I have always tolerated them really well and can’t really say I have had any bad experiences with them. Never had hallucinations unless I ate a larger amount (after 3,5g) but never negative in any way. This is a very very individual specific subject on as to how it will affect someone. It really is different for everyone. 

• Like 2

[Co...]

Hi all.

I think it prudent to remind you all of our policy document, Guidelines & Rules Regarding the Use and Promotion of Medicines and Drugs

On 30/07/2023 at 12:31, [[C...] said:

Guidelines & Rules Regarding the Use and Promotion of Medicines and Drugs

Our aim is to allow members the freedom to properly describe their full and true situation, but at the same time prevent overly florid descriptions of illicit, recreational or abusive drug use which have the potential to cause the wider community harm or distress.

Since most of our members have dependency (or addiction) issues with benzodiazepines, and our stated mission is to help them quit, we must disallow content which might discourage them from this goal, or encourages behaviour which might lead to a new dependency or addiction. Therefore:

• Do not promote illegal drug use. Nor should you describe drug paraphernalia, exalt positive experiences, or glorify their use. Please keep descriptions factual and dispassionate

• Do not promote the abuse (or illegal or inappropriate use) of medicines

• Do not promote addictive (or habit forming) substances as withdrawal adjunctives.

With the above points and guidance in mind, you may discuss your use of medicines and illicit drugs as they pertain to benzodiazepine use and withdrawal.

[mr...]
On 10/04/2024 at 04:11, [[K...] said:

I have microdosed for years and it’s helped me a lot, this means like a 0.2 in capsules at night. This does not cause any type of noticeable reaction, especially hallucinations wouldn’t be possible at such a low dosage. I also would take a trip here and there throughout the year. I have always tolerated them really well and can’t really say I have had any bad experiences with them. Never had hallucinations unless I ate a larger amount (after 3,5g) but never negative in any way. This is a very very individual specific subject on as to how it will affect someone. It really is different for everyone. 

Im also microdosing currently, Doing 3 supplements called "stamets stack" you can google this

supposedly to help brain regrow neurons or to "fix" your brain

Oddly enough micro-dosing mushrooms always results in me taking a nap within a hour or two dosing, or i just stay up. I dont know if its helping or not. I just like being able to take naps again...

also even at night when i take it it doesnt keep me up. i use to do large doses when i was younger before  i tried benzos too currently just trying to get back to the way my brain use to function

again results may vary, so i wouldnt recommend without extensive research

• Like 1