Anti-Histamines and tapering

[or...]

[or...]

I believe I am now hooked on Zyrtec, but others are talking about their experience with AH's so going to start a thread.  I personally believe my Zyrtec cannot be Cold turkeyed, I tried and failed, so I found some articles, including one here on BB from 2012.

I should add I had wd sxs from my C-benzo which included horrible burning itch which got me onto Zyrtec.  Then after about 3 months of use, I CT'd, and the burning itch was way worse.  So, I believe it was wd at first, but then, I became Tolerant of the 10mg Zyrtec.  That's just my personal belief, take it or leave it.

I hope these, and the ongoing posts I'll make here, help others.  The first one I'll post is from 2012 thread, and I think a good read. Take it or leave it, everyone is different:

Next is an article in Oregonlive that some might be interested in talking about a taper by the person that made the first post that worked for them.

Please notice my Zyrtec is mention in one of the Q & A's:

https://www.oregonlive.com/advice/2023/09/heres-the-secret-to-tapering-off-antihistamines-without-itching.html

• Like 1