Benzodiazepine’s and neuropathy

[De...]

[De...]

My neuropathy started during my three years of Xanax use.  It’s basically numbness in my calves and feet.   I have become so anti-western medicine and anti doctors that I don’t even want to pursue going to a neurologist. I would like to know of other people that have pursued this and if any doctor ever linked it to benzodiazepine use.  I started my tapering in May 2022, and finished in September 2022.   I started noticing the numbness in my calves well before I started tapering.   Maybe a year or so after I started Xanax.    There is not much literature on the linkage between the two, but I did notice a lot of people here with neuropathy issues.   Any experiences you could share would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

[An...]

If this were me, at the very least, I would have my B12 and HBA1C (blood glucose) checked. This can be done with a simple blood draw. You can even pay OOP if you do not have medical insurance or for some reason you do not wish to go to a doctor. I do think benzo w/d can cause some of these SXs once you become tolerant but it is always wise to ensure nothing else medically is going on that is causing this.

Even tho I have medical insurance, I have used Request-A-Test, bypassing my doctor, for a few things I was worried about and and wanted to be tested for.

Click Here For Request A Test Link

Edited by [An...]
edit after proofreading