clonidine

[Ra...]

[Ra...]

I have akathisia as a side effect from SSRis , everything aggaravte my akathisia. 

Now my CNS is highly sensitize due akathisia. I even can't tolerate simple tea. 

I have severe palpitations 160/60, if i take propanolol it aggaravte internal akathisia.

Can any one share his/her experience of clonidine. 

Should i try it or not??? 

[Nu...]

I took it without success. However, please remember that we each respond differently to medications. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean that it won't work for you. It's not possible, and not fair to yourself, to try and pre-judge how you'll respond to a medication based on how others have responded to it.

There are certain meds that I'd be cautious of taking, like seroquel. But clonidine is not one of them.

If you try, just remember to start low and go slow. Be vigilant of potential symptoms, but don't focus on them. If you have too much focus, you'll find symptoms -- some which may not exist. The mind is powerful. Wishing you the best and continue to use the boards as a resource. Lots of experience here.

• Like 1

[Ma...]

I’m on clonodine .1 not really sure what to make of it but it helps the heart palps. 

• Like 1

[Ma...]
On 04/03/2024 at 22:42, [[N...] said:

I took it without success. However, please remember that we each respond differently to medications. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean that it won't work for you. It's not possible, and not fair to yourself, to try and pre-judge how you'll respond to a medication based on how others have responded to it.

There are certain meds that I'd be cautious of taking, like seroquel. But clonidine is not one of them.

If you try, just remember to start low and go slow. Be vigilant of potential symptoms, but don't focus on them. If you have too much focus, you'll find symptoms -- some which may not exist. The mind is powerful. Wishing you the best and continue to use the boards as a resource. Lots of experience here.

I was put on seroquel … what is the worry exactly ?

• Like 1

[Nu...]
9 hours ago, [[M...] said:

I was put on seroquel … what is the worry exactly ?

If you are having success with it, then I wouldn't worry about the experience of others. I haven't met someone that felt seroquel was positive for them. I felt so dirty on it which is a sentiment shared by a number of people I have talked with.

BUT... your experience is personalized to you. It may be a medication that your body tolerates very well. Keep an eye out for side effects and all else is just noise if you're having success with it.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
[Fe...]

I consider that stuff to be very very helpful for calming. It also helps with pain. I regard clonidine as a standard item in the tool belt. 

• Love 1

[Ra...]
On 06/04/2024 at 23:24, [[F...] said:

I consider that stuff to be very very helpful for calming. It also helps with pain. I regard clonidine as a standard item in the tool belt. 

@[Fe...] did clonidine helps you with akathisia?? Or anxiety

[Fe...]

Yes clonidine helped with anxiety. It is a massive help with restless leg syndrome. I'm not sure about other akathisia symptoms. There's some action involving cortisol perhaps. It has some other stress inhibiting property that isn't blood pressure. It does lower the blood pressure though. It was originally mainly a blood pressure medicine. So if using for anxiety one needs to take care to mind the amounts if chasing a symptom. Once someone gave me a transdermal patch time release clonidine which was quite convenient as I didn't need to concern myself with re dosing. Just making sure not to take anything else that lowers blood pressure.