Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Anxiety

[...]

Hello.  The first time I do anything it's not to bad.but when I do it a 2nd 3rd time etc  it sends.anxity wild. Hope this makes sense.  Anyone else why..thank you..x

Sorry the 2nd and 3rd time I do the same thing anxiety get worse.  Than the first time.  X4

I have been going for a short walk every day and first time I was  anxious. But each time I go anxiety is worse and worse.  X

Been of Diazapan for over two years.  No windows just getting worse . Doubting this is withdrawal.  I was on 45mgs  thank you  x

1. Yes I thhad anxiety before..taking them for a few years on and off.    Then regularly for a year. X
  • Like 1

Exposure Therapy. That’s what you’re doing and I think it’s fantastic!

Keep walking and when that anxiety hits, observe it, ask what it’s trying to tell you. Say to self, Okay Anxiety, you’re coming with me!

Your system is so sensitized that it’s trying to ‘connect’ but your brain is sending wrong signals to your body. It’s lying. The more you keep at it the more your system will realize it’s safe.

What works for me, and trust me I experience this constantly, is I unclench my jaw, I intentionally lower my shoulders, diaphragmatic breathing; name 4 colors etc and KEEP GOING!

Just as you exercise your body you now have to exercise your brain. ‘Motion is Lotion’! Keep moving and pretend like you are training for the Olympics.

I’m sure you know the expression, what you resist persists, so don’t resist or fight these feelings, sensations-flow, float.

Also reading Claire Weekes ground breaking book, Hope and Help for your Nerves, will explain exactly what is going on within your body.

When this happens to me I also say, Got it-the train has left the station but my physiology will correct itself.

Keep going!!!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Any other symptoms apart from anxiety?

Stomach pain caused by anxiety.  X

1 hour ago, [[Y...] said:

Yes, this is withdrawal, your system becomes sensitised to anything and everything sending anxiety to normal situations, like false alarms. 

Even at over 2 years of.  X

1 hour ago, [[M...] said:

Exposure Therapy. That’s what you’re doing and I think it’s fantastic!

Keep walking and when that anxiety hits, observe it, ask what it’s trying to tell you. Say to self, Okay Anxiety, you’re coming with me!

Your system is so sensitized that it’s trying to ‘connect’ but your brain is sending wrong signals to your body. It’s lying. The more you keep at it the more your system will realize it’s safe.

What works for me, and trust me I experience this constantly, is I unclench my jaw, I intentionally lower my shoulders, diaphragmatic breathing; name 4 colors etc and KEEP GOING!

Just as you exercise your body you now have to exercise your brain. ‘Motion is Lotion’! Keep moving and pretend like you are training for the Olympics.

I’m sure you know the expression, what you resist persists, so don’t resist or fight these feelings, sensations-flow, float.

Also reading Claire Weekes ground breaking book, Hope and Help for your Nerves, will explain exactly what is going on within your body.

When this happens to me I also say, Got it-the train has left the station but my physiology will correct itself.

Keep going!!!

Thank you I have Claire Weeks CDs. X

I get bad anxiety, but it is slowly getting better (less of the episodes).  I really have to stay away from places, things, and people that (though well-meaning or not) I couldn't do it any longer.  I believe when I am recovered from the benzo, I will be much stronger and able to handle/cope with situations as I did earlier in life.

I certainly understand it, and despise having anxiety, but even though it's still out of control at times, I know exactly what to do for myself to calm down, not right away, but the things I do for myself do help in time, oregonlady :hug:

3 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I get bad anxiety, but it is slowly getting better (less of the episodes).  I really have to stay away from places, things, and people that (though well-meaning or not) I couldn't do it any longer.  I believe when I am recovered from the benzo, I will be much stronger and able to handle/cope with situations as I did earlier in life.

I certainly understand it, and despise having anxiety, but even though it's still out of control at times, I know exactly what to do for myself to calm down, not right away, but the things I do for myself do help in time, oregonlady :hug:

Thanks how long has it been for you.  Im over 2 years. I don't think this is withdrawal. 

2 hours ago, [[Y...] said:

Yes, this is withdrawal, your system becomes sensitised to anything and everything sending anxiety to normal situations, like false alarms. 

Thanks.  I worry because I had anxiety before Diazapan.  X

1 hour ago, [[o...] said:

Thank you.  I'm over 2years and worse now  x

"Stomach pain caused by anxiety"

Yes they go together. I think like a previous post said, a re-read of Claire Weekes is a good idea. There are a few clips on YT with her. Very good no-nonsense lady. 

So I'm looking at your History, and wondering how long you've been on the other 2 drugs, 30mgs paroxatine  and 30 mgs Mirtazapine?  You could be in tolerance wd from those.  Plus the fact your body is trying to heal from the benzo you got off of.

I'm not saying you don't need to take the other drugs, I'm just wondering how those are effecting you healing, possibly, from your first benzo? oregonlady, :hug:

PS There's some enlightening (for me) information on anti-depressants on page 74 and 75 of Ashton Manual you might look at.  It might help you understand the worse anxiety, I hope it helps anyway.  Here's the Manual for you if you don't have it: https://www.benzoinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Ashton-Manual.pdf

Edited by [or...]

Hi dut, I do think what your experiencing is due to residual withdrawal. I could be wrong but withdrawal symptoms can last for awhile. I think Mary is spot on with exposure.  Keep going, keep going. Go to stores,  confront your fears. I do this, it's difficult but it helps and im finding that it's easier each time. It's when I don't get out enough that my symptoms get worse and Rev up! Exposure is confronting fear, just walking into a store and looking straight on and walking forward is just the beginning of a brighter future. Then gradually look around, hear the sounds, relax, breath and continue on. If u get nervous or anxious, remind yourself that you are safe, your uncomfortable but your ok. I tell myself this everytime I go anywhere, even at home when my symptoms are on high. 

Practice this Dut, I'm safe, I'm uncomfortable but I'm ok! Keep going, your doing great! Remember to breath, slow, in your nose out your mouth, relax your shoulders, let down your guard and have confidence in your ability to get thru anything you set your mind to!

Take care, I know u can do this!

Ns