Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Prickling from napping

[Da...]

Does anyone else occasionally nap for like a few minutes only to wake with INTENSE prickling all over?  Omg it's awful. Happens to some extent when I wake in the morning or should I say at 2-3am but if I nap it's off the charts. What on earth is this. Ty

My neurologist says it's neuropathy, but I've never had this before I started BZ WD.  I can actually feel it coming on while I'm laying down and resting, which has become a necessity as WD has left me in a state of chronic fatigue.  I leave a cane (another WD need) bedside and use it as an aid in getting out of bed and walking for a bit until the tingling and prickling abate.

1 hour ago, [[k...] said:

My neurologist says it's neuropathy, but I've never had this before I started BZ WD.  I can actually feel it coming on while I'm laying down and resting, which has become a necessity as WD has left me in a state of chronic fatigue.  I leave a cane (another WD need) bedside and use it as an aid in getting out of bed and walking for a bit until the tingling and prickling abate.

Right. I was told neuropathy also but I had all the tests including a biopsy and they're all negative. I also use a cane but more for the joint pain. Honestly this is so hard!!!  Thank you for the reply and please let us both improve soon 

• Like 1