Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sleep getting worse

[...]

Jumped off of tamazapam about 17 weeks ago the first 2 months was not bad slept way better than last 2 months. Sleep getting worse and worse before I got 10 hours when I first jumped. Than 8 keeps getting less. Now I can barley sleep 3 hours a day hard to function. Aniexty and all other symptoms are gone just sleep is bothering me I thought it gets better with time seems like it's getting worse I am losing hope can some one please help me I am suffering can't handle the no sleep I rather have aniexty

Thank you for your time

Otc drug like sleep z works for just 1 day than I got to stop for 7 days. And cyclobenzaprine works put me to sleep right away but also can't take everyday feeling so hopeless I thought time heals I slept better when I first jumped than now how can this be staying awake driving me crazy

The Way

I am approaching 21 months off. Once a month i get hit with a few days of terrible sleep. I always try to look at what i ate or drank. I started drinking decaf coffee recently and am in the middle of 4 days in a row of terrible sleep........i drink the swiss water decaf which is 99.9% caffeine free.......could this be hurting my sleep. I drink 1 cup a day in the morning? its got like 1.8 mg of caffeine............im kind of driving myself crazy worrying about everything i consume........thanks

Hi Tyson9,

I had late insomnia waves that started at 18 months off all the way to around 90 months off.  They typically lasted anywhere from a week to almost 2 months.  I had some zero nights and lots of 1-3 hour nights during these insomnia waves.  Like you, I spent a lot of time trying to "connect the dots."  What did I eat or drink that caused this?  That was a waste of time IMO.  There really isn't a cause for these bouts of insomnia that I can find.  They just happen for whatever reasons they are going to happen.  I've slept very well for months and sometimes even over a year only to get hit with some off nights or weeks of poor sleep.  The good thing is, they always even out.  I haven't had a long lasting insomnia wave the past 2-3 years.  The last longer lasting wave was at about 58 months off.  I had about a 2-3 week wave this past May.  I have since slept very well.  

I was on a pattern right before I wrote my success story six years ago where I'd get at least one zero night (or night of no perceived sleep) every month.  Those eventually faded to one zero night every 3-4 months then to once or twice per year.  Try not to worry about late insomnia waves or what the cause is.  Just do the best you can to get through them.  Peace!

I thought it get better why could I sleep more when I jumped than now further in my ct? Thank you

Hey @[...],

I think all of this is just so unpredictable.  There may not be a specific reason for the insomnia popping up now, other than the general reason for all of this.  Our brains are still healing and things come and go until the process is done.   My sleep got much worse after I jumped off.   I know that's not a very satisfying answer, but at least you are not abnormal.  I think it goes like this for a lot of us.  Sleep seems to be one of the things that is the hardest to even out or predict.

Hang in there, I really do think it will improve with time.