Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Somebody with very frequent bathroom visite? Please?

[Ta...]

Hello all of you,

Today it's 21,5 months ago that I stopped CT with 12mg klonopin every 2 to 3 days.

I also have kindling. I suffer from an overactive bladder (and overactive bowels) since that  day.

My overactive bladder is better then it was before a few months, but it is far from cured. 1 month ago I had 2 very good days (5 times to the bathroom) and 3 or 4 good nights (1, 2 or 3 times to the bathroom).

SSincealmost 2 weeks it worsened again. Easely 10 times during the day and sometimes 8 times at night.

Is it possible that these better days and nights are signs that my bladder will improve (more or less) soon? Did your bladder was normal suddenly or did you have days like I had before it finally get back to normal?

I went to see an urologist, but she told me that she would give me an implant in my back, and when that didn't helped either, she would remove my bladder and give me a stoma. I was horrified.

I still think that all this is because of withdrawal. I also still have muscle cramps, severe twitching in both legs, headache etc...

I would be so grateful if anyone could give me some courage.

Thank you and a lot of courage to everybody!❤

Reply to this conversation...

BB Global Chat Room

Oh my goodness @[Ta...], I was just reading up on bladder removal and stomas, I hope you’re not there yet!  The implants look promising but if you didn’t have these issues before your cold turkey then I’d hate to see you go through this procedure if the problem will resolve on its own when you recover. 

Can you pinpoint what may have triggered your increased bladder symptoms again?  Are you still really susceptible to stress, most members report stress being the culprit when they experience a surge in symptoms.

May I ask about your bowels, is it diarrhea that you’re dealing with? 

I hope someone with experience will drop by.

Hi! Sorry for your suffering. Bladder issues in withdrawal are super common. I was bad at 21 months out. Now almost at month 40, I am back to normal. 

• Like 1

@[Pa...] hi, thanks for answering! I had abdominal surgery in 2021, mars. After the operation I started to urinate more frequently, but not at all as bad as it is right now. In clinic they gave me 4 klonopin 2mg every day, without asking me...When I was back home, I didn't take klonopin 4 times a day and after some time, the frequent urinations stopped. But on 2022, 1 april, I stopped CT and the bladder issues started again. During the first 9 months of my ct, I did go every 1/2 hours to the bathroom, day ans night. You know, my bladder improved but also with "waves and windows", sometimes better to very good a month ago...And then since about 2 weeks it worsened again. Not at all a normal disease progression... I am not nervous, but I do notice that, when I have stress (and I still have stress very easely, while normally I'm a rather calm person), it makes my bladder problems (and all the other symptoms) worse.

The issues with my bowels consist of up to 10 times a day nr.2. Sometimes diarrhea, sometimes not, but almost always with severe intestinal cramps.

Just like you I hope that the members here who suffer or suffered also from these problems will help me....🙏

@[Be...] Thank you for your kind answer. May I ask you if you suffered from an overactive bladder until recently? When did it started to get better with you or was it suddenly back to normal?

Did you stopped ct also? And have your other symptoms disappeared now too?

I wish you all the love and good things

Tante

• Like 1

Tante, hi, so sorry your going thru this. 

It sounds like withdrawal symptoms you are experiencing.  I have on and off bladder issues, mostly at night. Bowel, off and on, not as extreme as you but I didn't ct. I was forced to a fast taper though 3 yrs ago and had poopies for 6 months. Couldn't eat anything but rice chicken and white bread! I gradually added Fibre foods in, back and forth until I was able to stop the rice. I ate that for 6 months! Every meal, including pepto! But I made it, but now I'm back with a taper of my own,  slowly but still having a tough one. I'm up awake nights to the toilet to pee 5 to 6x per night. I have jerking, nerve issues in my bowel which cause my belly to spasm when I stand walk etc. 

I personally think your symptoms are withdrawal. I'm adding a link here for u, it's very helpful to read about symptoms we experience so we can better understand what's happening. 

You should look at the site aside from this ink as there is a wealth of information there. 

O should add, my bladder issues are getting better, I try not to lay on my right side as much. Left side, knees bent up to your chest, almost fetal position.  That should help some I hope.

You will get thru this, it's tough I know. You sound like a very strong person who had been handling this quite well. It's sound difficult given my bladder and bowel aren't even half of what you've gone through. 

You might want to really change your diet, see if that helps u.

I hope ive helped u some,

Take care

Ns

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Ive had all kinds of bladder and irritable bowel since my CT a year and a half ago. If I was a betting man its withdraws. Doctors will give you more meds and compound the problem. Get things checked but if the docs look stumped walk away and let the clock run out till you feel better. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

@[Pi...] That's exactly what I did with the urologist who would remove my bladder....I cancelled my appointments and I won't go back...The medication she prescribed me worsened a lor my urinary problems: I couldn't urinate anymore and it hurted so bad! I also tried PTNS and TENS: no results either. Now I go to an holistic therapist, she give me very gentle massages and it seems to calm down my muscles and nerves....But perhaps it just give me the impression that I do something about my complaints. I'm not somebody who feels comfortable with being passive...😆 Thank you for your friendly answer and I wish you lots of courage!

Love, Tante

@[ns...] Thank you for your great answer! How kind of you! ❤

I searched for the link you told me about, but I can't find it...

Lying on me left side is almost always impossible for me, because when I do so, the severe pain on the back of my head starts again....That pain is better than it used to be but still bad enough to keep me awake...

For my bowel problems I eat lactose-free, but it often iooks like whatever I do, it don"t help....

CT like I did is really not recommended you know! It has been horror at the beginning of my withdrawal and a bit less horror untill I stopted for about 15 months. 

I will spare you from mentioning here the very strange and terrible symptoms I had.

The withdrawal symptoms you have right now, is that because of the new taper that you had started recently?

I hope to read you again and I wish you tons of courage!

Love, Tante

6 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

@[ns...] Thank you for your great answer! How kind of you! ❤

I searched for the link you told me about, but I can't find it...

Lying on me left side is almost always impossible for me, because when I do so, the severe pain on the back of my head starts again....That pain is better than it used to be but still bad enough to keep me awake...

For my bowel problems I eat lactose-free, but it often iooks like whatever I do, it don"t help....

CT like I did is really not recommended you know! It has been horror at the beginning of my withdrawal and a bit less horror untill I stopted for about 15 months. 

I will spare you from mentioning here the very strange and terrible symptoms I had.

The withdrawal symptoms you have right now, is that because of the new taper that you had started recently?

I hope to read you again and I wish you tons of courage!

Love, Tante

Hi tante, I'm so sorry your going thru such things as thus. I too cannot lay on my left side, I have a slipped rib! Guess we're stuck there. No I was forced tapered too fast over 3 yrs ago which caused strange symptoms and had no idea what was wrong with me.  I hurt my shoulder blade the same day so I actually believed it was my shoulder. No er. Doctors. Neurologist no one couod tell.me what was wrong! 

Probably 2 yrs ago an er doc gave me a valuim, then I knew something was up. It didn't fix it but did give me relief. I went to  counseling eventually get 30 day twice of my lorazapam and felt somewhat better symptoms but still there. Went back off because it was difficult getting them. I still wasn't convinced it want my shoulder blade lol, last yr went to er with horrible symptoms.  Said my brain feels like its on fire, I'm stinging all over, had jetking involuntarily body movements, they kept me for 3 days, my sodium was low and I was in danger of a seizure. Gave me Lorazapam every 4 hrs for 3 days. 

Sent me home with 30 pills. So I went back to my home town saw my old doc and he put me back on. Just as I was beginning to feel better, 3 mobths later the pills reversed on me and gave me anxiety and panic attacks to name a few. Then withdrawal symptoms began, similar to the yr prior. Had to taper off.  Still tampering. 

I had severe poopies with the 1st go round,  could ear nothing until I went on the Bratt diet 6 months at least. 

Since then I've become histamine intolerant. I know I had thus before but didn't know what it was.  Now I do. After gallbladder surgery I couldn't eat bananas pineapple then sugar,  little by little tsje another foid off the menu.

I have titanium clips in me from that surgery so I'm getting tested for metals sensitivity next month.

This can cause histamine intolerance. 

Sp o. 5'2, ,83lbs, eating what I can. Can't find a gi in town as all ate booked or in er, you must go to er fir gi here. People are very sick in er so can't go.

I will get thru this. God is with me, bit itsba tough challenge for sure. You will too! 

You ct d and are still hsving withdraw? Im sure you are, i did and ut truly was getting better, wish i woukd have never went back on them but it was nice to feel a little better for a bit. I was able to eat more for sure. So this process definitely causes bowel issues.  Pleae try the link below, i hope it works this time.

it really did clear up alot of questions for me and hope it woll for u too.

we get thru this by keeping busy as possible, not staying symptoms focused, i watch therapy in a nutshell On YouTube with Emma, she's really good! I think she can help you with your symptoms actually. 

Please ck her out.

Let me know if the link doesn't work again ok

We'll talk soon,

By for now

Ns

https://www.benzoinfo.com/ashtonmanual/chapter3/#sensory-hypersensitivity

@[...]nsindy Thank you for the link! It worked this time and I could read everything! It's always great to read that all our bizar symptoms of withdrawal are normal and will disappear with time.

I also will look what Emma can teach me on YouTube! 

I'm glad that God is your companion too. She (😃) is with me also and I'm sure that together with Him I can overcome everything!

Thanks a lot for your kind help, God bless you! Tante

• Like 1

On 15/01/2024 at 22:57, [[T...] said:

@[Be...] Thank you for your kind answer. May I ask you if you suffered from an overactive bladder until recently? When did it started to get better with you or was it suddenly back to normal?

Did you stopped ct also? And have your other symptoms disappeared now too?

I wish you all the love and good things

Tante

Hi Tante

I tapered with Diazepam along 19 months after 10 years on Xanax. My overactive bladder persisted for about 20 months and then started to slowly improve until it was gone. Yes, I am symptom free now. Still cry when I remember that.

Healing and lots of love for you!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@[...]BenzoHealing

Thank you so much for your very kind and reassuring answer! It gives me hope that finally I will also cure from this horrific overactive bladder🙏❤ I stopped CT and you tapered, so it's possible (normal) that I have complaints during a longer period than you.

Lots of love, Tante

13 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

@[...]BenzoHealing

Thank you so much for your very kind and reassuring answer! It gives me hope that finally I will also cure from this horrific overactive bladder🙏❤ I stopped CT and you tapered, so it's possible (normal) that I have complaints during a longer period than you.

Lots of love, Tante

Hi tante, 

Much love to u too! 

Stay strong,  set your mind to heal. 

I pray but some don't, but set your mind.

Losing too much weight,  metabolism is oh high.

Started baclofen last night in hopes it will calm the nerves in my belly to slow things down! 

My body and brain are on high alert,  nerves! 

Up.all night peeing again, baclofen I think.

Anyway, thank u for your kindness and I hope things turn around for u soon. Try not to symptoms focus, that's what I'm trying to do!

Take care

Ns

• Love 1

@[Be...] Het spijt me dat u blaasproblemen heeft, zeker als gevolg van Baclofen. Zoals ik op de Nederlandse FB-pagina las over het afkicken van benzo's, is Baclofen helemaal niet aan te raden als je gestopt bent met benzo's. Het heeft invloed op dezelfde neurotransmitters in onze hersenen als een benzo. Vraag alstublieft een beheerder of andere leden op dit forum wat hij/zij/zij van dat medicijn vinden!

Had jij ook die brandende en trekkende sensaties ‘down under’? Ik neem aan dat jij ook een vrouw bent, dus ik durf je deze vraag te stellen. Het is echt erg, deze sensaties, erg ongemakkelijk!

Ik hoop dat je je snel beter voelt en ik geef je een warme virtuele knuffel.

Tante

hi Tante

Run, run ,run from that urologist. Any kind of surgery is a last resort, not the first option when thereis no indication of disease!!!!!!!!!!

Find another urologist who can address the spasms with medication (be sure and look up any proposed medication before taking it.) , and a physical therpist can teach you exercises to calm down your symptoms.

I am female, and just went through a hellish UTI, had 2 rounds of antibiotics, which  I stopped today, and things came back clean.

I also have a prolapsed vagina, and see a uro-gynecolodist next week for evaluation and options.

Hence, I have had the spasms, intense pain, and issues like yours, but there was and is a medical reason for these issues.

My physical therapist has me doing exersises that strengthen the muscles in my rear end, my pelvic region, and I do a lot of yoga to both calm down my withdrawal and my physical symptoms, which are all over the place.

It could be a symptom, butit could also be treated by a wise urologist who isn't sharpening her knives, that is horrible!

As to your bowels, that's pretty common. I have found that small meals, rich in fiber, and low histamine help. You can also use self massage on your abdomen, and their are very effective easy and enjoyable yoga exercises to stimulate your waste system to activate. 

Our nervous systems are completely confused, have no idea what to do, and any kind of crazy symptoms can show up. Once your body figures it out, it will resolve. But  in the meantime, I strongly encourage  a good urologist, and a good physical therapist, and gentle yoga that deals with the bladder and bowel.

Taking an active part in resolving your symptoms will take away someof the fear, and make you feel more in contol. I do these, and other exercises, daily:

• Like 1

@[ba...]Thank you for your detailed answer! I have seen another urologist before and she prescribed me 4 different medications which only made my problems worse: I had a constantly urge to urinate but I couldn't, which hurt terribly.

I also went to the fysio for PTNS and TENS, which didn't help either.

The urologist who talkes about removing my bladder, is somebody I consulted after moving to the other side of my country.

I cancelled my appointments with here and I won't go back!

I visit an holistic body therapist and that helpes to calm down my nervous system.

Doing the excercites like in that video is impossible for me, because of severe muscle cramps and my age.

But the first excercise in the video is similar to what I do in my armchair, a position that my holictic therapist recommended to me.

My pelvic floor muscles are also cramped and this body position helpes to relax this muscles.

I'm a person who can't sit and wait until things happen, I like to solve problems as good as possible. So, you see, I do the best I can. I'm absolutely sure I will overcome this bl..dy withdrawal!

Thank you for the courage you have given me!

Love, Tante

• Like 1

• 1 month later...