Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Still waiting for this to end.

[Pi...]

Thanks for the reply. My Christian faith is what keeps me going. It amazes me how many people in this situation go back to the people who poisoned them in the first place. I'm an old guy 68. Most people in my generation learned to be "street smart" out of necessity. In this world of cell phones, instant gratification and instant answers I guess that isn't important anymore. I trust everyone until they give me reason not to.

• Like 1

"Have you ever thought that everything that concerns you, concerns Me, also? You are precious in my eyes and I love you; for this reason, it is a special joy for Me to train you. When temptations and the opponent [the Evil One] come upon you like a river, I want you to know that This was from Me.
I want you to know that your weakness has need of My strength, and your safety lies in allowing Me to protect you. I want you to know that when you are in difficult conditions, among people who do not understand you, and cast you away, This was from Me.
I am your God, the circumstances of your life are in My hands; you did not end up in your position by chance; this is precisely the position I have appointed for you. Weren't you asking Me to teach you humility? And there - I placed you precisely in the "school" where they teach this lesson. Your environment, and those who are around you, are performing My will. Do you have financial difficulties and can just barely survive? Know that This was from Me.
I want you to know that I dispose of your money, so take refuge in Me and depend upon Me. I want you to know that My storehouses are inexhaustible, and I am faithful in My promises. Let it never happen that they tell you in your need, "Do not believe in your Lord and God." Have you ever spent the night in suffering? Are you separated from your relatives, from those you love? I allowed this that you would turn to Me, and in Me find consolation and comfort. Did your friend or someone to whom you opened your heart, deceive you? This was from Me.
I allowed this frustration to touch you so that you would learn that your best friend is the Lord. I want you to bring everything to Me and tell Me everything. Did someone slander you? Leave it to Me; be attached to Me so that you can hide from the "contradiction of the nations." I will make your righteousness shine like light and your life like midday noon. Your plans were destroyed? Your soul yielded and you are exhausted? This was from Me.
You made plans and have your own goals; you brought them to Me to bless them. But I want you to leave it all to Me, to direct and guide the circumstances of your life by My hand, because you are the orphan, not the protagonist. Unexpected failures found you and despair overcame your heart, but know That this was from Me.
With tiredness and anxiety I am testing how strong your faith is in My promises and your boldness in prayer for your relatives. Why is it not you who entrusted their cares to My providential love? You must leave them to the protection of My All Pure Mother. Serious illness found you, which may be healed or may be incurable, and has nailed you to your bed. This was from Me.
Because I want you to know Me more deeply, through physical ailment, do not murmur against this trial I have sent you. And do not try to understand My plans for the salvation of people's souls, but unmurmuringly and humbly bow your head before My goodness. You were dreaming about doing something special for Me and, instead of doing it, you fell into a bed of pain. This was from Me.
Because then you were sunk in your own works and plans and I wouldn't have been able to draw your thoughts to Me. But I want to teach you the most deep thoughts and My lessons, so that you may serve Me. I want to teach you that you are nothing without Me. Some of my best children are those who, cut off from an active life, learn to use the weapon of ceaseless prayer. You were called unexpectedly to undertake a difficult and responsible position, supported by Me. I have given you these difficulties and as the Lord God I will bless all your works, in all your paths. In everything I, your Lord, will be your guide and teacher. Remember always that every difficulty you come across, every offensive word, every slander and criticism, every obstacle to your works, which could cause frustration and disappointment, This is from Me.
Know and remember always, no matter where you are, That whatsoever hurts will be dulled as soon as you learn In all things, to look at Me. Everything has been sent to you by Me, for the perfection of your soul. All these things were from Me."

St Serpahim of Vyritsa (1866-1949)

It amazes me how many people in this situation go back to the people who poisoned them in the first place"

Yes it is amazing, though I guess some go back to get sufficient prescriptions to taper.

Not me, I CT'd.  Totally not recommended but I couldn't face taking any more once I realised what the drugs were doing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[c...] said:
"Have you ever thought that everything that concerns you, concerns Me, also? You are precious in my eyes and I love you; for this reason, it is a special joy for Me to train you. When temptations and the opponent [the Evil One] come upon you like a river, I want you to know that This was from Me.
I want you to know that your weakness has need of My strength, and your safety lies in allowing Me to protect you. I want you to know that when you are in difficult conditions, among people who do not understand you, and cast you away, This was from Me.
I am your God, the circumstances of your life are in My hands; you did not end up in your position by chance; this is precisely the position I have appointed for you. Weren't you asking Me to teach you humility? And there - I placed you precisely in the "school" where they teach this lesson. Your environment, and those who are around you, are performing My will. Do you have financial difficulties and can just barely survive? Know that This was from Me.
I want you to know that I dispose of your money, so take refuge in Me and depend upon Me. I want you to know that My storehouses are inexhaustible, and I am faithful in My promises. Let it never happen that they tell you in your need, "Do not believe in your Lord and God." Have you ever spent the night in suffering? Are you separated from your relatives, from those you love? I allowed this that you would turn to Me, and in Me find consolation and comfort. Did your friend or someone to whom you opened your heart, deceive you? This was from Me.
I allowed this frustration to touch you so that you would learn that your best friend is the Lord. I want you to bring everything to Me and tell Me everything. Did someone slander you? Leave it to Me; be attached to Me so that you can hide from the "contradiction of the nations." I will make your righteousness shine like light and your life like midday noon. Your plans were destroyed? Your soul yielded and you are exhausted? This was from Me.
You made plans and have your own goals; you brought them to Me to bless them. But I want you to leave it all to Me, to direct and guide the circumstances of your life by My hand, because you are the orphan, not the protagonist. Unexpected failures found you and despair overcame your heart, but know That this was from Me.
With tiredness and anxiety I am testing how strong your faith is in My promises and your boldness in prayer for your relatives. Why is it not you who entrusted their cares to My providential love? You must leave them to the protection of My All Pure Mother. Serious illness found you, which may be healed or may be incurable, and has nailed you to your bed. This was from Me.
Because I want you to know Me more deeply, through physical ailment, do not murmur against this trial I have sent you. And do not try to understand My plans for the salvation of people's souls, but unmurmuringly and humbly bow your head before My goodness. You were dreaming about doing something special for Me and, instead of doing it, you fell into a bed of pain. This was from Me.
Because then you were sunk in your own works and plans and I wouldn't have been able to draw your thoughts to Me. But I want to teach you the most deep thoughts and My lessons, so that you may serve Me. I want to teach you that you are nothing without Me. Some of my best children are those who, cut off from an active life, learn to use the weapon of ceaseless prayer. You were called unexpectedly to undertake a difficult and responsible position, supported by Me. I have given you these difficulties and as the Lord God I will bless all your works, in all your paths. In everything I, your Lord, will be your guide and teacher. Remember always that every difficulty you come across, every offensive word, every slander and criticism, every obstacle to your works, which could cause frustration and disappointment, This is from Me.
Know and remember always, no matter where you are, That whatsoever hurts will be dulled as soon as you learn In all things, to look at Me. Everything has been sent to you by Me, for the perfection of your soul. All these things were from Me."

Purified by fire! Cleansing by fire! When all the impurities are melted away, you will be purified by the holy fire of God!

Yes WU WEI!! My wife convinced me to face time with a shrink because of all the mental issues. GP gave me the poison for sleep. First words out of his mouth I can get you some Zoloft. Really!! Then he said CT was a bad idea. My response was I'm 68. I don't have years to taper and I am pretty tough. Then I said why would I keep taking what poisoned me. He stared at me:idiot:. I realize there are reasons to taper and every situation is different. If you read my earlier posts I've been through this before and basically knew what to expect. I have to say the rest were baby withdraws. This Xanax is like hurricane Katrina. The real war on drugs is in the GP's office and no one gets it. I used to get a Flu shot every year and every Christmas I was sick with the flue. Started taking Vitamin D with K and haven't had the flue in 12 years no jabs. 98% of pharmaceuticals mask symptoms and cure nothing while ruining other parts of your body. It's a for profit business and they want your account for life!! 

• Like 1

"The real war on drugs is in the GP's office"

Hallelujah, absolutely right.

Last time I saw the GP a year ago he wanted me to take SSRI's as well as the valium ! I told him why would I want anti-depressants if my problem as he saw it was anxiety which is the opposite condition? He couldn't answer.   The stupid thing is I went to the GP all those years ago with neck spasm. They certainly know how to escalate things! 

I hate to say this because there are well meaning people in all professions. My view on western medicine is its pretty much a money making scam. If the WHO told doctors you would live longer standing on your head 6 hours a day most of the doctors would recommend it and get mad if you refused to follow their instructions. They walk around like peacocks in their lab coats touting their degrees and don't realize they're being played by the big money people and being laughed at as we are. My cousin took acid reducing meds for 15 years and ended up needing 2 knee replacements. The doctor actually admitted it was from the pills because you can't digest minerals without stomach acid. Very profitable trade! Nice cure. I was told to do the same thing for acid reflux. I said OK never filled the script started on apple cider vinegar 2 times a day. No problems for 15 years and counting. And my knees still work! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Well the Indians were on to something with standing on the head, the king of yoga poses for health benefits. Boosts circulation for one thing. Maybe I'll try a cheat version with legs up against a wall. Got to be careful with my dodgy neck though!

I agree with you about the strutting peacocks. Often they have no sense of humour either!  I guess we've been primed for when AI takes over and then its all done by the big pharma book, no questions asked, no unnecessary conversation, quite scary really.

Wasn't trying to make fun of anyone and hope no one takes it that way. I was trying to point out that the MD's blindly follow their leaders. 

7 hours ago, [[c...] said:
Because then you were sunk in your own works and plans and I wouldn't hav
6 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Purified by fire! Cleansing by fire! When all the impurities are melted away, you will be purified by the holy fire of God!

e been able to draw your thoughts to Me. But I want to teach you the most deep thoughts and My lessons, so that you may serve Me. I want to teach you that you are nothing without Me. Some of my best children are those who, cut off from an active life, learn to use the weapon of ceaseless prayer. You were called unexpectedly to undertake a difficult and responsible position, supported by Me. I have given you these difficulties and as the Lord God I will bless all your works, in all your paths. In everything I, your Lord, will be your guide and teacher. Remember always that every difficulty you come across, every offensive word, every slander and criticism, every obstacle to your works, which could cause frustration and disappointment, This is from Me.

I’m asking the members contributing to this thread to respect our policy, we are a secular community.

• Do not use this community to promote or proselytize your religious beliefs.

Guidelines

• Like 2

@[Pa...] Non-secular means you are a religious community. I believe you meant to say secular.

Are you saying you do not allow people to share their religious convictions here?

1 minute ago, [[c...] said:

@[Pa...] Non-secular means you are a religious community. I believe you meant to say secular.

Are you saying you do not allow people to share their religious convictions here?

We are a secular community. Please review the Guidelines.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[c...] said:

But it's okay for @[WU...] to talk about yoga? A form of religious practice? Only a problem with Christianity then?

I think they mean any religion.  I'm a Christian but I read the guidelines,  I'm ok with that.  I can express my heart here, I don't have to preach here got it. It's ok, relax, your heart is what people need to see, your faith will shine thru if that's needed at the time, but please don't push, ok.relax, there's no pressure!

Did Jesus push, no! 

Take it slow!

Be nice ok

Ns

• Like 2

If you read my posts you will know where I'm coming from. That being said we are here to discuss the drug induced issues we are all dealing with. Yes we need to stay focused on that. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the correction @[ch...], I’ve edited my post. 

But it's okay for @[WU...] to talk about yoga? A form of religious practice? Only a problem with Christianity then?

Nope, no problem with christianity, just reminding members of our policy.  I do hope you’ll respect the member who started this thread and follow their lead to let this go. 

• Like 3

Woke up this morning with major brain fog but benzo belly better but still there. 19 months CT. Windows and waves seem to be getting shorter time frames and maybe a little less intense. Can anyone relate to this? Finish line in site? I have had days where my head is almost crystal clear maybe for a week or two. The set backs make you crazy. Fatigue and muscle pain also come and go in intensity but never leave completely. I seem to have more irrational fears and depression now than chemical anxiety. The cold weather has a profound effect also even without withdrawal.

What kind of fears are you dealing with, I was afraid of everything, things I’d never given a second thought to.  

I wish we the finish line didn’t keep moving, but the fact that you’re experiencing a clear head is wonderful. How is the cold affecting you, my feet were always so cold they hurt, I’d put them in buckets of hot water. 

In the early days of this i was actually much more functional. Had constant anxiety not so much fear. Strange thing was i could ride my bike all day long but was hard and I was afraid to walk 2 blocks. Looked like a drunk. This went on also while i was still on the drug also and had no idea what was going on. When I CT'ed Legs became total jelly with vibrating quads under any stress. Still have frozen feet and big toe pain in both feet that comes and goes. 1 1/2 years out some days brain is 80% clear sometimes other days horrible. When its bad I have dim vision, all kinds of balance issues and big depression. Also have sinus pressure between my eyes like I'm gonna die. I have had very few sleepless nights but quick hallucinations for a second when first opening eyes. Kinda becoming entertainment. I used a lot of Melatonin and trying to cut back but it did get me through the sleep issues. Also a Big help with anxiety at the dentist. Had extensive work done through all this. Just have someone drive you. The two biggest problems now is fear, being around people only if I feel I'm trapped and benzo belly is killing me off the charts. Have not been to a restaurant since all this started. First was anxiety stopped me from going out now fear and I can hardly eat.

Here's one for everyone. When the mental symptoms are making you crazy eat some dark chocolate. Has to be dark . Try to get 85% cocoa. See if it snaps you out of it somewhat. Works for me.