Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Black Tea to calm you?

[or...]

Why on the BBC shows I love to watch, does everyone having stress, get a cup of tea?  My grandmother, very Victorian lady, always made me tea and toast when I would get to stay with her.  I've read some reviews on Black Tea, and there seems to be a majority that say it's calming because of some other ingredient besides the caffeine.  The L-Theanine over-rides the caffeine effect. 

So I have the box of kind of expensive tea I won't touch because of the info I've seen here on caffeine, which I'm not totally doubting.  I have a tremor and it got way worse when I started tapering, so didn't want anything to add to that sxs.  But I'd like to hear opinions here on the English Tea I've read about ;) oregonlady

• Like 1

I have black tea, but its "processed" those little bags of tea, i have no problems drinking It, but i have no problems with theofyline and pentoxifiline, can drink cofee without noticiable stuff, dont feel bad drinking this tea, but nothing special also, black tea + red fruits

On 04/01/2024 at 06:41, [[o...] said:

Why on the BBC shows I love to watch, does everyone having stress, get a cup of tea?  My grandmother, very Victorian lady, always made me tea and toast when I would get to stay with her.  I've read some reviews on Black Tea, and there seems to be a majority that say it's calming because of some other ingredient besides the caffeine.  The L-Theanine over-rides the caffeine effect. 

So I have the box of kind of expensive tea I won't touch because of the info I've seen here on caffeine, which I'm not totally doubting.  I have a tremor and it got way worse when I started tapering, so didn't want anything to add to that sxs.  But I'd like to hear opinions here on the English Tea I've read about ;) oregonlady

Oregon lady, black tea is not a goid idea, yes caffeine but l theanine at least for me was like a stimulant.  You can get grey but it did the same, even though it is decaf black.  Didn't work for me, as I said, like a stimulant! 

Be well