Got accidentally addicted to benzos, please help with tapering.

[...]

Hello!

I’ve been browsing the forum and reading some threads and really like the support community that has been built up here.

So basically I’ve unknowingly got addicted to Lexotanil(bromazepam). Don’t have any prior benzo abuse.

I’ve been taking them for the last 4 months. Started off at 3mg 2-3 times a week then went to 3mg/daily and then 2 months in I went up to about 6-9mg/daily. Went on a work trip 2 weeks ago, ran out of Lexotanil and thought nothing of it. A couple of days later started feeling a weird body load, insomnia, anxiety that ramped up to a 10. Started reading about benzo withdrawals and had a panic attack.

Read up some more and realized that I needed to taper. Didn’t have access to Lexotanil so I asked my friend for some Xanax and have started tapering with Xanax, taking 0.25mg twice a day, it doesn’t sedate me(still have trouble falling asleep) but I definitely feel it better.

Now that my work trip is over and I’m home and have access to Lexotanil, should I switch back to Lexotanil for tapering?

Also, can there be withdrawal from one benzo while you are taking another?(eg withdrawing from Lexotanil while taking Xanax?)

Any supplements I should take? Been using valerian while on Xanax and it’s been definitely helping me fall asleep.

Thanks a lot guys!

Edited by [...]
grammar

• 4 months later...
[Ll...]

Hello

I recognize me in your message.

I am desperate too because I did a mesusage of bromazepam 18mg/day and last July with a switch in just one day for xanax I began to develop burns I lost a lot of weight my life changed to a nighmare. Doctors say now that I have probably develop a Lupus. 

I am so sad thinking these medications possibly ruined my life 

[Ll...]

Anyone to help me ? Please 🙏 I am so lost by doctors I need help from people Who really know these drugs because they experimented that.

Please help me 

[Co...]
2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Anyone to help me ? Please 🙏 I am so lost by doctors I need help from people Who really know these drugs because they experimented that.

Please help me 

Hi @[Ll...]

It is better to start your own topic when seeking support for your particular situation. If there is something in this topic you feel is relevant, you might link to it or quote it for your new topic.