Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Best antibiotic class for those in BIND

[...]

Hello Everyone, 

Had a dental procedure on 12/6. Had nitrous oxide and doxycycline now I’m suffering air hunger and akathisia. Starting to feel better today finally 9 days later. 

I now know doxycycline is the devil for those of us benzo-damaged. My taper ended 2/21 and I’ve been mostly good until my procedure. 

Have any of you more sensitive former benzo users been symptom free after needing an antibiotic? I need one more procedure and I’m definitely going to ask for a different one. 

I’ve been researching the different AB classes and it looks like the macrolides seem less destructive to our delicate CNSs, although I know we are all different. 

Has anyone had a neutral experience with Erythromycin? 

thank you, Middlechild 

Hi @[...] - I'm sorry you haven't gotten responses yet.  Unfortunately this is not an area I know much about other than the general consensus that fluoroquinolones should be avoided if possible.  You might find it helpful to do a search here using the Search box in upper right hand corner of this page. There are many posts on the subject of antibiotics.

Ceftriaxone maybe, given the moa, has info online about ceftriaxone its role on glutamate transporters, said to relieve neuropathy, possibly for MS and other brain disorders, we are all diffrent tho, and its still an antibiótic, never used, but will soon as i have a surgery to do .

Edited by [De...]

7 hours ago, [[D...] said:

Ceftriaxone maybe, given the moa, has info online about ceftriaxone its role on glutamate transporters, said to relieve neuropathy, possibly for MS and other brain disorders, we are all diffrent tho, and its still an antibiótic, never used, but will soon as i have a surgery to do .

On 15/12/2023 at 19:05, [[B...] said:

Hi @[...] - I'm sorry you haven't gotten responses yet.  Unfortunately this is not an area I know much about other than the general consensus that fluoroquinolones should be avoided if possible.  You might find it helpful to do a search here using the Search box in upper right hand corner of this page. There are many posts on the subject of antibiotics.

Thank you for your comments. I will do a search.